God is about to punish humanity again!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2012, 07:44 PM
RE: God is about to punish humanity again!
Yeah, no. I honestly can't see anything you said happening, especially if we come back the the extinction of the species you mentioned before.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Volcanoes have been erupting on earth for billions of years. They are natural geological occurrences.
We have a pretty good idea on how they work. No imaginary gods are required for volcano eruption.

So, which god are you trying to prove caused a natural occurrence ?
I can cause a natural occurrence. I just snapped my fingers and something natural somewhere just happened.
See how easy that is.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
09-09-2012, 07:51 PM
(09-09-2012 07:45 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Volcanoes have been erupting on earth for billions of years. They are natural geological occurrences.
We have a pretty good idea on how they work. No imaginary gods are required for volcano eruption.

I can cause a natural occurrence. I just snapped my fingers and something natural somewhere just happened.
See how easy that is.

You snapped your fingers and something natural happened?

Bowing

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-09-2012, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 08:04 PM by Janus.)
(09-09-2012 07:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yeah, no. I honestly can't see anything you said happening

It has happened before, and it will happen again.
Just because you can't see something happening doesn't mean it can't happen (or that it can, for that matter). It only means that you can't see it happening. So that says something about you. Not about the subject of the discussion. Cool

Quote:especially if we come back the the extinction of the species you mentioned before.

I didn't say the species was about to go extinct as a result of this natural disaster, I said the weaker specimens of this species, the ones who can't afford enough food, the poor, would be culled. Leaving only the ones who can afford enough food. The rich. There's your natural selection, your survival of the fittest, your evolution. It would fit straight into the 'Origin of species'.
09-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Extinction events are nothing new to this planet. There is a reason that 99% of life does not any longer exist. Volcanic events, giant asteroids, geological events and all kinds of things. So to think we are immune to that as a species would be ignorant and naive considering the amount of science that we now understand.

I think it's an interesting topic. Thankfully due to technology I don't think that surviving as a species would be an issue (we'll probably be colonizing mars and the moon before then) but your idea of how it will affect those who are unfortunate enough to be in dire circumstances does indeed bring up an interesting point.
09-09-2012, 08:08 PM
If things get bad, the amount of money you have is moot, unless you plan on eating it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
09-09-2012, 08:14 PM
(09-09-2012 07:57 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 07:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yeah, no. I honestly can't see anything you said happening

It has happened before, and it will happen again.
Just because you can't see something happening doesn't mean it can't happen (or that it can, for that matter). It only means that you can't see it happening. So that says something about you. Not about the subject of the discussion. Cool

Quote:especially if we come back the the extinction of the species you mentioned before.

I didn't say the species was about to go extinct as a result of this natural disaster, I said the weaker specimens of this species, the ones who can't afford enough food, the poor, would be culled. Leaving only the ones who can afford enough food. The rich. There's your natural selection, your survival of the fittest, your evolution. It would fit straight into the 'Origin of species'.

I'm pretty sure that natural selection is the progressive adaptation tending toward positive traits within a community. Not the culling of poor people.

09-09-2012, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 08:36 PM by Janus.)
FYI: there have been other bottlenecks in the existence of homo as a genus. Near-extinctions. Close calls:
in 1815 Mount Tambora (Sumbawa) erupted and crashed crops in Europe and America for years.
The 'little ice age' of the beginning of the 17th century probably was the result of another such massive volcanic eruption in the 'Ring of Fire' on the other side of the world. But Wolf Blitzer and Christiane Amanpour weren't "on the ground" to tell us about it in our neck of the woods.
The human DNA record confirms that hominids as species (Neandertals and Denisovans too) went through the eye of a needle when Mount Toba (Sumatra) erupted 72,000 years ago. Scientists say there was a bottleneck in the hominid species right then of only a few dozen individuals left! In the whole wide world!

We were very very nearly wiped out as a species right then.
So we've been living on borrowed time ever since....
09-09-2012, 08:35 PM
(09-09-2012 07:51 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 07:45 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Volcanoes have been erupting on earth for billions of years. They are natural geological occurrences.

See how easy that is.

You snapped your fingers and something natural happened?

Bowing

OMG! My hair just turned naturally blonde!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
09-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Yellowstone park is overdue to go kaboom according to averages.

So is Katla in Iceland.

Drinking Beverage

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.