God is about to punish humanity again!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2012, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 10:53 PM by Janus.)
RE: God is about to punish humanity again!
(09-09-2012 09:00 PM)bemore Wrote:  Yellowstone park is overdue to go kaboom according to averages.

So is Katla in Iceland.

Drinking Beverage

The 'Yellowstone supervolcano' is hypothesized may develop like the Deccan Traps did, 65 million years ago. Choking us all to death with less and less oxygen and more and more carbon dioxide.
Back then it took a couple hundred thousand years – an eye-blink in geological terms – to poison all life. And then the Chixclub meteor came and delivered the coup de grace.
Right now 7 billion people and 2/3 centuries of industrialisation may have introduced catalysts that speed up that process. Like it has sped up global warming a thousand times!

And I don't know if you've noticed but there was considerably more seismic activity, eruptions, earthquakes, and tsunamis, globally, in the past decade than there has/have been in the entire past century combined.
We're in an active seismic phase right now. Nobody knows whether it will heat up any further and blow a couple big ones, or whether it will slowly die down again for a couple millennia.

Well, yes, God knows of course!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:And I don't know if you've noticed but there was considerably more seismic activity, eruptions, earthquakes, and tsunamis, globally, in the past decade than there has/have been in the entire past century combined.

No there hasn't. It just makes the news more often, and scientists have more widespread and precise tools to measure them. Earthquakes have not significantly increased in magnitude or frequency during the span of modern geological measurements (the last 150 years or so), nor has volcanic activity. Nor have tsunamis. You're just hearing about them more often because of the advent of the internet.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
09-09-2012, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 11:42 PM by Janus.)
Could be. But a number of expected big ones are seriously overdue. Among them Yellowstone and the San Andreas fault, which has been twitching a couple times in only the past 24 months. Iceland may have only just started. Stromboli and Etna are more active than they have been in decades, even Vesuvius rumbles. Which it hadn't done for a thousand years. Turkey, the Caucasus, and Iran have serious earthquakes that destroyed entire cities. The subduction zone west of Sumatra produced at least half a dozen big earthquakes/tsunamis in the past decade. Killing over a quarter of a million people, lest we forget. Indonesia has about 36 active volcanoes (and a couple hundred 'dormant' ones) which' activity levels have significantly picked up over the last 3/4 years. We had a big earthquake and tsunami destroying a large part of north-eastern Japan last year and caused a nuclear disaster. Chile had several very heavy offshore earthquakes and big volcanic eruptions, luckily in remote and thinly inhabited ares, in the last 3 years.
It's not the size of those events that worries me so much, but their increasing frequency and higher average severity than ever in recorded seismic history.
09-09-2012, 11:35 PM
I would love to refute all that's wrong with your posts, but I know that people will take the too long didn't read route, and instead prefer the short snide remarks that make people laugh.

Instead I'm just going to say.

Should I end this post with a question?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
09-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Free world. Whatever tickles your fancy, bro.
But real arguments instead of cheap innuendo would be nice.
10-09-2012, 01:33 AM
(09-09-2012 05:46 PM)Janus Wrote:  The island of Santorini (a.k.a. Thera) was raised by 3 to 6 inches within the last year. The magma chamber underneath the island is flooding with millions of tonnes of more magma under high pressure.
If it erupts it is a sign of God, of course. If it erupts BIG – like it did 3,600 years ago when it destroyed the Minoan civilisation and opened the Red Sea for Moses – it is a Punishment from God! Because the erupted ash will be circling the planet for years, wreaking havoc with weather and climate systems, causing crops worldwide to fail for years, killing hundreds of millions of people by starvation!

Bend over, boys and girls! Here it comes!

At the same time that a BIG eruption would 'prove' God, it would also prove, but really, evolution.
Because of course people with money, the rich, will survive, if even barely. And the people without money, the poor, will die off. Will effectively go extinct...!

See here, ladies and gentlemen, we may have a fantastic opportunity to see evolution at work, planetwide, in our lifetimes (if long enough...). Natural selection... Survival of the fittest... Bla-di-bla...
Fine by me, that might offset global warming a little. So bring it on. Fuck you God, lets see what you got bitch.
10-09-2012, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 05:54 AM by fstratzero.)
(09-09-2012 11:47 PM)Janus Wrote:  Free world. Whatever tickles your fancy, bro.
But real arguments instead of cheap innuendo would be nice.

Brb making a picture of what you explained.

[Image: wr4Cc.jpg]

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
10-09-2012, 02:28 AM
Makes me think of "I CAST MAGIC MISSLE"....
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
10-09-2012, 02:32 AM
(10-09-2012 02:28 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Makes me think of "I CAST MAGIC MISSLE"....

I imagined Gir reading the text the whole time!

-Baron d'Holbach-
10-09-2012, 02:41 AM
Janus,
Could you please do us favour and write a quick disclaimer.

I read you first post as laden with sarcasm / irony (this may say more about me than you).

Others have read it in earnestness-osity.

Due to there being a JANUS VI who is doing some very obvous trolling (Poe-ing) on another thread, you might be being unfairly judged.

Please just let us know your intent. Thanks.