God is about to punish humanity again!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2012, 06:29 AM
RE: God is about to punish humanity again!
(10-09-2012 02:41 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Janus,
Could you please do us favour and write a quick disclaimer.

I read you first post as laden with sarcasm / irony (this may say more about me than you).

Others have read it in earnestness-osity.

Due to there being a JANUS VI who is doing some very obvous trolling (Poe-ing) on another thread, you might be being unfairly judged.

Please just let us know your intent. Thanks.

Thank you for your inquiry. Janus is currently out of the office and is busy building a bunker. Your comments are important to us, and will be answered in the order in which they are received, unless the Great Devastation occurs before Janus can return. In that case, please look to the east for smoke signals in response to your email.

Thank you for your patience.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
10-09-2012, 06:33 AM
I quickly duck behind the cloud of logic, cast invisibility and silence, then backstab god with the dagger of unimaginary death.

Rolls a 20 - (god is decapitated)
The world is once again safe from imaginary fear.
No need to thank me, just give me money Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
10-09-2012, 07:59 AM

I read you first post as laden with sarcasm / irony (this may say more about me than you).

Due to there being a JANUS VI who is doing some very obvous trolling (Poe-ing) on another thread, you might be being unfairly judged.

No hidden intent. No insinuations. My O.P. is just what it is. Take it any way you want, I couldn't stop you anyway, could I?
10-09-2012, 09:06 AM
(09-09-2012 05:46 PM)Janus Wrote:  The island of Santorini (a.k.a. Thera) was raised by 3 to 6 inches within the last year. The magma chamber underneath the island is flooding with millions of tonnes of more magma under high pressure.
If it erupts it is a sign of God, of course. If it erupts BIG – like it did 3,600 years ago when it destroyed the Minoan civilisation and opened the Red Sea for Moses – it is a Punishment from God! Because the erupted ash will be circling the planet for years, wreaking havoc with weather and climate systems, causing crops worldwide to fail for years, killing hundreds of millions of people by starvation!

Bend over, boys and girls! Here it comes!

At the same time that a BIG eruption would 'prove' God, it would also prove, but really, evolution.
Because of course people with money, the rich, will survive, if even barely. And the people without money, the poor, will die off. Will effectively go extinct...!

See here, ladies and gentlemen, we may have a fantastic opportunity to see evolution at work, planetwide, in our lifetimes (if long enough...). Natural selection... Survival of the fittest... Bla-di-bla...
If anything, it proves there is no god - at least no omnipotent, omnibenevolent one - because it proves the world is very much imperfect. Surely, an all-loving god capably of doing anything wouldn't strand his creations on a planet that is so destructive with all its natural disasters.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
10-09-2012, 10:19 AM
(10-09-2012 07:59 AM)Janus Wrote:  

No hidden intent. No insinuations. My O.P. is just what it is. Take it any way you want, I couldn't stop you anyway, could I?

Consider
I think the point of my request was missed.

I will be more plain-speaking:

Please let us know if you have any connection with another forum member calling themselves Janus VI.

Thanks.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
10-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Wait I'm confused, were you not being sarcastic on the initial post?
10-09-2012, 11:00 AM
He was a Poe (et) and didn't know it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
10-09-2012, 11:23 AM
God dad get off my fucking back already!

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
10-09-2012, 12:07 PM
(09-09-2012 05:46 PM)Janus Wrote:  The island of Santorini (a.k.a. Thera) was raised by 3 to 6 inches within the last year. The magma chamber underneath the island is flooding with millions of tonnes of more magma under high pressure.
If it erupts it is a sign of God, of course. If it erupts BIG – like it did 3,600 years ago when it destroyed the Minoan civilisation and opened the Red Sea for Moses – it is a Punishment from God! Because the erupted ash will be circling the planet for years, wreaking havoc with weather and climate systems, causing crops worldwide to fail for years, killing hundreds of millions of people by starvation!

Bend over, boys and girls! Here it comes!

At the same time that a BIG eruption would 'prove' God, it would also prove, but really, evolution.
Because of course people with money, the rich, will survive, if even barely. And the people without money, the poor, will die off. Will effectively go extinct...!

See here, ladies and gentlemen, we may have a fantastic opportunity to see evolution at work, planetwide, in our lifetimes (if long enough...). Natural selection... Survival of the fittest... Bla-di-bla...

What if Betelgeuse were to become a supernova before then? There are for worse dangers to the planet than a mountain. The dissolving of any matter is nothing new, it is an eventual fate for anything, therefore what is your point other than fear dogma trolling? I will quote something similar from a man named Michael Coe who wrote a book called "The Maya"...

"…there is a suggestion that Armageddon would overtake the degenerate peoples of the world and all creation on the final day of the 13th b'ak'tun. Thus, our present universe would be annihilated [in December 2012] when the Great Cycle of the Long Count reaches completion."

An additional purpose that religions design from out of god’s will is the absurd predicament that the creation of the world and life is only defined for promoting our pending doom (sound familiar to you?), but this would make such creation pointless indeed for only at a certain age after birth can humans communicate outright. Had Mr. Coe bore the assertion of a 14th b’ak’tun to orbit the Mayan heritage historically speaking, the primitive gag of a doomsday excuse would still fail its customers (who, like himself, are mostly consisted of non-Mayan descendents) in declarations of his failed policy. Of course, a tax return for him regardless, in consideration of the amount of donations this assertion receives yearly towards advertisements, is non-discriminate no matter how far the pendulum swings between right and wrong.

Lets go further into this 2012 theory if you will. Doomsday is justified further, and more benefiting for the simpleminded, better understood with a cause, one that is easily pictured. (like say....fire) Exceptions are not made for the devout, both religious and cult related on this account. Recent televised advertisements have depicted solar flares to become our makers on December 21, 2012, and went so far as to label and blame (and humiliate) this hypothesis on the entire global population of scientists. It is no secret or even a deniable fact by any one person that this particular group of educated and devoted skeptics of religious assumptions are over 70% consisted of atheists, and it is thus no laughing matter when such a public advertised assertion is expressed on all their behalf’s without their very knowledge. But thanks to our beautiful planet’s atmosphere, and its even more generous magnetosphere, the already harmless features of a solar flare are debunked physically regardless as long as were willing to sacrifice an immense small possibility of some moments without electronic communication. The evidence that such an ad was run without the knowledge of a solar storm’s actual effects pens it without a shred of doubt that it had a religious foundation.

According to premillennial Christian interpreters, the Messiah is to return to earth and orchestrate battle against the Antichrist and Satan. The abyss then unfolds itself for the welcoming of Satan’s demise and imprisonment for 1,000 years after which he is re-released and gather Gog and Madgog from the "four corners" of the globe and fire is to rain upon them, with those that remain to inherit Gehenna.

I ask you....what will you do with Gehenna?

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
10-09-2012, 10:25 PM
We're doing just fine screwing ourselves.
We don't need help from outsiders.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post