10-12-2012, 06:17 AM
God is gonna kill us all. Again.
Why else would this guy have been building an ark for 40 years? Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 07:54 AM
RE: God is gonna kill us all. Again.
I'm thinking . . . . insanity.

What a great way to depict the god of the Old Testament than to remind us all of how he actively killed most everyone in the world because "he was sorry he had made man on the earth". So, apparently, a god who quickly gets angry to the point of killing nearly all lifeforms on the planet, . . . because he didn't see it coming? LOL
10-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Building an ark in order to help spread the word because God told you to: Insanity No

Building a fortified bunker capable of protecting and sustaining a small population in the event of apocalyptic catastrophe: Genius Yes

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
10-12-2012, 10:09 AM
(10-12-2012 09:55 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Building a fortified bunker capable of protecting and sustaining a small population in the event of apocalyptic catastrophe: Genius Yes

Making sure you survive to live in a post-Apocalyptic world with 7 billion rotting corpses is "Genius"...?
10-12-2012, 10:11 AM
If you are a cannibal, sure is.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Wait, what? This guy isn't worried about, say, zombie apocalypse or plague or meteors from the sky or the sun not rising or setting for 40 days or a catastrophic outbreak of Justin Bieber? He's focused on another flood? Isn't that the one and only way that God (in the OT) explicitly says he WON'T wipe us out?

.... oh, wait, right. Trust issues. Build away.

(Yes, I clicked the link, the guy isn't worried about a literal flood, just a metaphor of the Second Coming and all the associated crap, but this made for a funnier delivery.)

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
11-12-2012, 08:11 AM
(10-12-2012 10:09 AM)Janus Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 09:55 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Building a fortified bunker capable of protecting and sustaining a small population in the event of apocalyptic catastrophe: Genius Yes

Making sure you survive to live in a post-Apocalyptic world with 7 billion rotting corpses is "Genius"...?

They wont rot forever. Big Grin

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
11-12-2012, 08:19 AM
(11-12-2012 08:11 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 10:09 AM)Janus Wrote:  Making sure you survive to live in a post-Apocalyptic world with 7 billion rotting corpses is "Genius"...?

They wont rot forever. Big Grin

You haven't got forever. Dodgy
11-12-2012, 08:30 AM
What even more amazes me is that this lunatic didn't even know its own belief before he builds an ark- in the bible, god promises to not ever destroy the world again (and he creats the rainbow as a sign of the promise). So if god does not keep his promise to not ever destory the world, why would he keep his other promises (you know- hell and heaven etc, etc)
11-12-2012, 08:37 AM
(11-12-2012 08:30 AM)shiranl Wrote:  What even more amazes me is that this lunatic didn't even know its own belief before he builds an ark- in the bible, god promises to not ever destroy the world again (and he creats the rainbow as a sign of the promise).
That's not quite right. What Yahweh promises is that he'll never destroy the world in a flood again. (I.e., he could still destroy the world with an asteroid strike and say, "Neener neener neener, I kept my promise.")