God is gonna kill us all. Again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2012, 08:44 AM
RE: God is gonna kill us all. Again.
(11-12-2012 08:37 AM)pianodwarf Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 08:30 AM)shiranl Wrote:  What even more amazes me is that this lunatic didn't even know its own belief before he builds an ark- in the bible, god promises to not ever destroy the world again (and he creats the rainbow as a sign of the promise).
That's not quite right. What Yahweh promises is that he'll never destroy the world in a flood again. (I.e., he could still destroy the world with an asteroid strike and say, "Neener neener neener, I kept my promise.")
It doesn't change what I said, since the lunatic prepered himself for destruction in a flood.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2012, 08:49 AM
(11-12-2012 08:44 AM)shiranl Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 08:37 AM)pianodwarf Wrote:  That's not quite right. What Yahweh promises is that he'll never destroy the world in a flood again. (I.e., he could still destroy the world with an asteroid strike and say, "Neener neener neener, I kept my promise.")
It doesn't change what I said, since the lunatic prepered himself for destruction in a flood.
True. Just pointing it out.
Find all posts by this user
11-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Nah - that guy's got nothing on the one in the Netherlands. This ark thing is such a goofy project - I think it's pretty much like any other obsession or addiction - it's ok as long as people know that it's an eccentricity.

Sadly, our US mentally ill just aren't nearly as productive, industrious, or forthcoming as their european counterparts.
Here are some great pics of ... I actually admire his craftsmanship.

I wish that book had something more appealing about feeding the hungry and healing the sick... I guess people only get out of books what they want. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-12-2012, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 09:35 AM by Impulse.)
(10-12-2012 06:17 AM)Janus Wrote:  Why else would this guy have been building an ark for 40 years? Big Grin

After 40 years and $3m (which I assume is $3 million), I'm guessing this guy will never deconvert even if proof of no god was staring him boldly in the face. Smile

So much time and money wasted when there are REAL needs in the world... Sad

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
11-12-2012, 11:30 AM
(11-12-2012 09:32 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 06:17 AM)Janus Wrote:  Why else would this guy have been building an ark for 40 years? Big Grin

After 40 years and $3m (which I assume is $3 million), I'm guessing this guy will never deconvert even if proof of no god was staring him boldly in the face. Smile

So much time and money wasted when there are REAL needs in the world... Sad

Exactly! How many people could have been helped with that amount of money, . . . but thrown away by this absurd build? This guy is a fool.
11-12-2012, 11:58 AM
(11-12-2012 08:19 AM)Janus Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 08:11 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  They wont rot forever. Big Grin

You haven't got forever. Dodgy
Haven't I? Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
11-12-2012, 12:06 PM
(11-12-2012 11:58 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 08:19 AM)Janus Wrote:  You haven't got forever. Dodgy
Haven't I? Drinking Beverage

Sure, but you'll be busy. In hell.
11-12-2012, 12:08 PM
(11-12-2012 12:06 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 11:58 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Haven't I? Drinking Beverage

Sure, but you'll be busy. In hell.
Will I? Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
11-12-2012, 12:11 PM
(11-12-2012 12:08 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 12:06 PM)Janus Wrote:  Sure, but you'll be busy. In hell.
Will I? Drinking Beverage

Rejoice! Heaven is boooring. Big Grin
11-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Of course heaven is boring, after a while, you'd have nothing to do, ever, and you'd never be allowed to escape back into the nothingness from which your soon fractured mind came from...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.