God is like the wind!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2016, 01:09 PM
God is like the wind!
Here are some screenshots from a little debate I was having on Pinterest that's been going on for a few weeks actually, we both don't answer each other right away so it's being dragged out but today all of a sudden the wind was brought up:

[Image: debate1_zpsqqlhajyu.png]
[Image: debate2_zpsviulchpb.png]

This girl loves to say she doesn't care what anyone believes but will freak out whenever anyone drops some logic on her about why God is most likely not real. I tell you all the time I don't care what she believes either but if she posts anything that is untrue I'm going to correct her which I had to do today.

I honestly don't understand why Christians always find this need to compare God to the wind. It may sound poetic and powerful and I'm sure their church leaders repeat this over and over so it get's stuck in their heads. We can see the wind's effects, we can measure it, it's demonstrably a reality. It's like the dumb argument that " I can't see your brain, how do I know you have one har har har." Because If I didn't have a brain I wouldn't be alive, I wouldn't be able to type or speak to you right now, ugh it's so frustrating.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like SitaSky's post
04-05-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: God is like the wind!
The difference is that we actually can feel the wind. Nobody can actually feel god . I know , many deluded theists think they can.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
04-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Wind is made up of air. Air is made up of gas and we can measure gas. Wind is caused by air pressure raising and falling. I'm no scientist but even I know this stuff. I believe wind can be reproduced in a lab. Can't do that with god, fairies or Zeus.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-05-2016, 03:00 PM
If I pass wind - am I god????

I'd like to think at least a minor one......

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-05-2016, 03:04 PM

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-05-2016, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 04:31 PM by Grasshopper.)
Spinal Tap -- Break Like The Wind.

Too lazy to look for a video, and I'm pretty sure there isn't one anyway.

ETA: To my surprise, there is a video:

04-05-2016, 04:37 PM
(04-05-2016 03:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If I pass wind - am I god????

I'd like to think at least a minor one......

Wink

Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! Rage, blow!
You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
Till you have drenched our steeples, drowned the cocks!

King Lear, when he was out on the heath, half naked and going kinda crazy.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-05-2016, 04:40 PM
(04-05-2016 03:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Michael McDonald singing harmony in this one, fantastic voice.
04-05-2016, 04:43 PM

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
04-05-2016, 04:51 PM
(04-05-2016 01:09 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Here are some screenshots from a little debate I was having on Pinterest that's been going on for a few weeks actually, we both don't answer each other right away so it's being dragged out but today all of a sudden the wind was brought up:

[Image: debate1_zpsqqlhajyu.png]
[Image: debate2_zpsviulchpb.png]

This girl loves to say she doesn't care what anyone believes but will freak out whenever anyone drops some logic on her about why God is most likely not real. I tell you all the time I don't care what she believes either but if she posts anything that is untrue I'm going to correct her which I had to do today.

I honestly don't understand why Christians always find this need to compare God to the wind. It may sound poetic and powerful and I'm sure their church leaders repeat this over and over so it get's stuck in their heads. We can see the wind's effects, we can measure it, it's demonstrably a reality. It's like the dumb argument that " I can't see your brain, how do I know you have one har har har." Because If I didn't have a brain I wouldn't be alive, I wouldn't be able to type or speak to you right now, ugh it's so frustrating.

I feel so embarrassed for people that say things like that. Uh hum, sight is not the only sense we have. We do perceive the wind directly by our sense of touch. We can also verify our sense of touch with our sight. We feel the wind and notice that it also moves the trees and the grass and our hair. We don't need faith. In fact we don't need faith for anything. It is just a tool of self deception.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 4 users Like true scotsman's post