God is like the wind!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2017, 06:28 PM
RE: God is like the wind!
(02-07-2017 05:51 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 05:09 PM)unfogged Wrote:  ...Things are a lot easier when you can just change the topic, aren't they?

Exactly (Jn 3:8).

Fucking trolls. I foresee a name turning brown in the near future.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
02-07-2017, 08:00 PM
(02-07-2017 04:51 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 04:44 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  God hovered over the water. He moves is the point (Ge 1:2).

Like a hovercraft or more like a jetpack? Maybe a helicopter?

If he'd everywhere what does it mean for him to move?

He's a spiritual helicopter parent, with night vision goggles, and everything. He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows just when you masturbate...and kills kittens when you do.

I call troll on the xtian with the smirky avatar. Yes An inviting brown text color, right before the hammer falls! Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
02-07-2017, 09:39 PM
(02-07-2017 08:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 04:51 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Like a hovercraft or more like a jetpack? Maybe a helicopter?

If he'd everywhere what does it mean for him to move?

He's a spiritual helicopter parent, with night vision goggles, and everything. He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows just when you masturbate...and kills kittens when you do.

I call troll on the xtian with the smirky avatar. Yes An inviting brown text color, right before the hammer falls! Yes

No. The "point" is (if you actually read it with any background in the subject), that the water existed already (as that was the Babylonian concept of the cosmos before "order" was made of it), and there is nowhere that the primordial sea was ever "created".

The gods give me "wind".
I need to take Beano to deal with the gods.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-07-2017, 11:17 PM
(02-07-2017 04:44 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  God hovered over the water (Ge 1:2). He moves is the point.

Hey donkey-dick... are you getting some sort of masturbatory pleasure out of resurrecting ancient posts? Does your mom give you a blow job every time you post a quote from your book of religious absurdities?

I'm guessing the only thing that hovers over the water is another billion of your brain cells, prior to drowning in the shallow end of the gene pool. Can't be too many cells left judging by your comments here LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
02-07-2017, 11:19 PM
(02-07-2017 04:44 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  God hovered over the water (Ge 1:2). He moves is the point.

Imaginary beings don't move.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
03-07-2017, 04:36 AM
(02-07-2017 06:28 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 05:51 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  Exactly (Jn 3:8).

Fucking trolls. I foresee a name turning brown in the near future.

> Is it just my imagination, or did this clown's rating go from 0 to -17 in about a week? Huh
03-07-2017, 05:16 AM
(03-07-2017 04:36 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 06:28 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Fucking trolls. I foresee a name turning brown in the near future.

> Is it just my imagination, or did this clown's rating go from 0 to -17 in about a week? Huh

I just checked his ratings, and yup, that's about the size of it.

He must be playing some weird game with himself where he scores Jesus points every time he quotes the Bible. Oh yeah, that's Christianity Tongue

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
03-07-2017, 06:20 AM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-07-2017, 05:59 PM
(04-05-2016 01:09 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Here are some screenshots from a little debate I was having on Pinterest that's been going on for a few weeks actually, we both don't answer each other right away so it's being dragged out but today all of a sudden the wind was brought up:

[Image: debate1_zpsqqlhajyu.png]
[Image: debate2_zpsviulchpb.png]

This girl loves to say she doesn't care what anyone believes but will freak out whenever anyone drops some logic on her about why God is most likely not real. I tell you all the time I don't care what she believes either but if she posts anything that is untrue I'm going to correct her which I had to do today.

I honestly don't understand why Christians always find this need to compare God to the wind. It may sound poetic and powerful and I'm sure their church leaders repeat this over and over so it get's stuck in their heads. We can see the wind's effects, we can measure it, it's demonstrably a reality. It's like the dumb argument that " I can't see your brain, how do I know you have one har har har." Because If I didn't have a brain I wouldn't be alive, I wouldn't be able to type or speak to you right now, ugh it's so frustrating.

True, we don't see the wind, but we do perceive it. She forgets that we have more than the sense of sight. We can only "see" God by looking inward to the contents of the imagination.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
05-07-2017, 08:41 AM
(04-07-2017 05:59 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  True, we don't see the wind, but we do perceive it. She forgets that we have more than the sense of sight. We can only "see" God by looking inward to the contents of the imagination.
There is no equivalence between things that are unseen yet objectively evidenced (wind, infrared, ultraviolet, bacteria, and on and on) and things that are unseen and NOT evidenced in any way (invisible beings and realms).

Even in cases where some circumstantial / subjective evidence seems to support a claim, such as the current glut of reality shows about "ghost hunters" and, less plentifully, psychics, it is still not enough to overcome a logical / skeptical default of unbelief which should reject seemingly plausible pattern matches with multiple explanations or at least stick with the most likely explanation. In the case of a psychic for example, cold reading explains so much more than one would think, and is far more likely to be true than things that have never been objectively demonstrated and never stand up to controlled objective scrutiny, such as mind reading.

It is telling that all supernatural claims depend on the unseen or on vague impressions from one's literal or metaphorical peripheral vision -- or, as in the case with religion generally, on just blind acceptance of assertions. There is really no reason why religious faith or some other form of systematized credulity should be a requirement for perceiving the unusual or miraculous. It should never require special modes of perception -- and yet somehow it always does. It never leaks into unforced perception -- gods always require corporate rituals like worship, music and mediation, preferably in specific architectural spaces, to seem real; ghosts always come out only at night / in the dark, spirits only speak through designated mediums and any rare physical manifestations are always in some contrived special circumstance (e.g., a seance -- again, in the dark and in an environment that the medium controls with the perceivers placed in a special "receptive" frame of mind).
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post