God is love? Not in this Universe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2013, 06:07 PM
RE: God is love? Not in this Universe.
I am more powerful than any god. I have all the powers of a god + all the things I can do as a human being.
You say your god is all powerful. I say that I am all powerful + as a human, I can pick up a beer.
You say your god is all knowing. I say that I am all knowing + as a human, I know what I had for dinner.

So, since I can do MORE than your god and I know more than your god, you can worship me if you want.
Purely your choice. I have given you free will.....You're welcome.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
12-07-2013, 08:03 PM
12-07-2013, 08:04 PM
(12-07-2013 06:42 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The "Golden Rule" is not universal.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying not everybody does it, or not everybody agrees with it in principle?
So let me reverse the perspective and ask, do you personally believe it is ethically moral to treat others as you would not want to be treated or immoral?

Quote: Stop trying to obfuscate and muddy the waters. I just proved your crap is invalid. You moral values are LEARNED, and the products of LEARNED behavior, as any psychologist knows.
As I have said many times before, that is only partially true. But as was pointed out in the anthropology lesson that you provided, behavioral tendencies also are inherited. How is it that the things you want me to learn prove you wrong?

Quote:Your lack of knowledge of science is astoundingly pathetic
Priorities. I would rather be surrounded by people who know to treat others as they would want to be treated rather than a bunch of scientists who don't know what is moral.

Quote: I have made it perfectly clear what you have done, and are attempting to do. Either you can't read, or are purposely obtuse, on order to keep this sort of crap going for it's own sake. Your drivel here, in hundreds of crappy nonsensical meaningless pages, of endless crappy questions, and assertions IS an attempt to redefine what the word "god" means and YOU know it.
Sure, I realize I am taking issue with your definition of God if that is what you mean. I have shown that Merriam Webster identifies Love with God as a personification of Love. So do I.
Quote: No one cares. In doing that, you are attempting to invalidate atheism, and you know it.
I'm simply saying you misunderstand the Christian use of the term. Hence if Atheism is based upon a misunderstanding, then it is indeed invalid.

Quote:I think you are a lonely old man, and you have nothing better to do, and what you are really all about is attention seeking. As I said, I'm done. Your premise is meaningless, as are your endless nonsensical "non-points", and "non-questions".
Exactly what premise is meaningless? That God is Love? Then you only prove my point that you don't understand what that means. Love to me is not a bunch of chemicals in the brain. Nor is a person simply a collection of brain cells and molecules which happened to accidentally come together. Hence I can understand why you would count everything that is so meaningful to me as meaningless.

Quote:You didn't answer the question. What are you doing here ?
I enjoy talking about God and Truth. This atheist forum brings me profound affirmation of the truth of the bible and of God. Where else is Truth and God questioned more fervently? I'm sorry if my being here makes you or anyone else here mad or uncomfortable. But seriously, wouldn't you rather have someone challenge your anti-theology then just surround yourself with people who will simply agree with you that there is no mind behind the Big bang and no higher person than the President?
12-07-2013, 08:11 PM
(12-07-2013 08:04 PM)childeye Wrote:  I enjoy talking about God and Truth. This atheist forum brings me profound affirmation of the truth of the bible and of God. Where else is Truth and God questioned more fervently? I'm sorry if my being here makes you or anyone else here mad or uncomfortable. But seriously, wouldn't you rather have someone challenge your anti-theology then just surround yourself with people who will simply agree with you that there is no mind behind the Big bang and no higher person than the President?

You don't make anyone mad. Your utter lack of coherent thought makes you only worthy of pity. You don't make anyone uncomfortable. I wish you luck with finding anyone dumb enough to engage you in your next 200 pages of rambling garbage.
TTFN

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-07-2013, 08:13 PM
God is love? Not in this Universe.
(12-07-2013 08:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-07-2013 08:04 PM)childeye Wrote:  I enjoy talking about God and Truth. This atheist forum brings me profound affirmation of the truth of the bible and of God. Where else is Truth and God questioned more fervently? I'm sorry if my being here makes you or anyone else here mad or uncomfortable. But seriously, wouldn't you rather have someone challenge your anti-theology then just surround yourself with people who will simply agree with you that there is no mind behind the Big bang and no higher person than the President?

You don't make anyone mad. Your utter lack of coherent thought makes you only worthy of pity. You don't make anyone uncomfortable. I wish you luck with finding anyone dumb enough to engage you in your next 200 pages of rambling garbage.
TTFN

Buckminster! Heart

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-07-2013, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 11:59 PM by childeye.)

TTFN
Oh come on BuckyBall. Don't give up so easily by turning over the chessboard and declaring checkmate. At least tell me why you disagree with the lessons you provide? How is it that psychopathy is proven to be genetically traceable yet behavior can only be learned according to you? How come little children in the experiment, described by your atheist anthropologist, could tell what was right from wrong behavior without being told?
13-07-2013, 12:11 AM

TTFN

Dude isn't worth a "shoo fly" and ya, I've heard it all before, no interest in going down that path again.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

13-07-2013, 04:16 AM

Actually, the "golden rule" is the very bases of empathy and morality. These are traits found in all social animals, which implies that not all morality is simply cultural and that some is probably evolutionary.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
13-07-2013, 05:13 AM
(12-07-2013 08:04 PM)childeye Wrote:  But seriously, wouldn't you rather have someone challenge your anti-theology...

Yeah. Someone with a brain. You don't qualify. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-07-2013, 08:48 AM
(13-07-2013 04:16 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

Actually, the "golden rule" is the very bases of empathy and morality. These are traits found in all social animals, which implies that not all morality is simply cultural and that some is probably evolutionary.

Sorry.
What I meant to say was that it was not "absolute".
There are no gods or woo woo needed to explain this behavior.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche