God is love? Not in this Universe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2013, 05:21 PM
RE: God is love? Not in this Universe.
(13-07-2013 04:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [quote='childeye' pid='340051' dateline='1373755690']
Like heroin is happiness.

Quote:Happiness at it's base is simply the release of serotonin into the cortex.
My mistake. Like serotonin is happiness.

Quote: You have never properly shown how Love is anything more than a chemical reaction the the brain and is a personified being existing outside of a brain.
I can only personify Love in the concept that there is a power higher than each individual that serves the good of the whole. A person is the highest term I know. When I hear God, it is a person talking to me from within myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2013, 06:17 PM
(13-07-2013 04:22 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 01:46 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Empathy is a socio-biological appendage, grounded in the concept of the "golden rule" and developed so the collective can survive. In other words, our species can only survive with great numbers, so more complex social interaction has been developed for group cohesion. It is simply evolutionary history. There's nothing divinely inspired or influenced here.
I too see no divine inspiration in such an explanation. I just see molecules and amino acids, proteins, etc..

So then, he NEEDS a god or he feels uncomfortable.
All his ideas about what gods are or aren't are basically just because he NEEDS them to be there, so he will feel all nice. That means he never really objectively examined a universe with no god, or which god to worship. The only reason he is a believer is because he was :
a. born into a certain faith tradition. If he had been born a Muslim he would be a Muslim.
b. He learned a set of (apologetics) rationalizations/self-talk to minimize his cognitive dissonances that occur with maintaining a faith position.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-07-2013, 03:57 AM
[Image: 71882_496785857065045_448861254_n.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2013, 04:46 AM
(13-07-2013 04:59 PM)childeye Wrote:  Faking empathy is not science.

It is not false empathy and, even if it was, it is science. The entire concept of empathy can be explained solely with science.

(13-07-2013 04:59 PM)childeye Wrote:  If I believed all morality was relative to my subjective view, then I would be the center of the universe. As it is not so, I revolve around a Truth not of my own invention. Such is humility.

Actually, your belief completely lacks any humility. You believe that the entire universe was made so that you have the option to achieve absolute immortality after death. You aren't nice because you have subjective morality, you are nice because you want to score points with God.

Why do you think atheists are, generally, "nice" people? Why do you think so many of them are assumed to be Christian based on their actions? It has happened to me constantly. What have we got to gain from donating to a charity?

(13-07-2013 04:59 PM)childeye Wrote:  In my limited knowledge that is temporal, I would say the beginning and the end.

That is not an explanation.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
15-07-2013, 11:28 AM
(13-07-2013 06:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 04:22 PM)childeye Wrote:  I too see no divine inspiration in such an explanation. I just see molecules and amino acids, proteins, etc..

So then, he NEEDS a god or he feels uncomfortable.
All his ideas about what gods are or aren't are basically just because he NEEDS them to be there, so he will feel all nice. That means he never really objectively examined a universe with no god, or which god to worship. The only reason he is a believer is because he was :
a. born into a certain faith tradition. If he had been born a Muslim he would be a Muslim.
b. He learned a set of (apologetics) rationalizations/self-talk to minimize his cognitive dissonances that occur with maintaining a faith position.
c. He realizes fundamentally 1+1=2.
15-07-2013, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2013 02:13 PM by childeye.)
(15-07-2013 04:46 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It is not false empathy and, even if it was, it is science.
An incoherent statement. If science is I am right till you prove me wrong then I could agree.
Quote:The entire concept of empathy can be explained solely with science.

So can God be explained with science? What if I think it is futile to dissect the brain in search of the meaning of life?

(13-07-2013 04:59 PM)childeye Wrote:  If I believed all morality was relative to my subjective view, then I would be the center of the universe. As it is not so, I revolve around a Truth not of my own invention. Such is humility.

Quote:Actually, your belief completely lacks any humility. You believe that the entire universe was made so that you have the option to achieve absolute immortality after death.
Not true. I believe I exist currently as a mortal being so as to learn to not take what is good for granted which is no different than glorifying God.
Quote: You aren't nice because you have subjective morality, you are nice because you want to score points with God.
Not true. I count God as the goodness in mankind by grace. And therefore to count such goodness as the product of my own initiative would be vanity.
Quote:Why do you think atheists are, generally, "nice" people?
Same answer as above.
Quote: Why do you think so many of them are assumed to be Christian based on their actions?
A misunderstanding of Christianity. I have record on this forum of atheists being moved by the Spirit of Christ.
Quote:It has happened to me constantly. What have we got to gain from donating to a charity?
In the carnal sense of gain, nothing. In the spiritual sense, it is no different than giving to yourself.

(13-07-2013 04:59 PM)childeye Wrote:  In my limited knowledge that is temporal, I would say the beginning and the end.

That is not an explanation.
[/quote]
It explains that what is eternal cannot be put in a box that is finite.
15-07-2013, 12:14 PM
(15-07-2013 11:28 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 06:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So then, he NEEDS a god or he feels uncomfortable.
c. He realizes fundamentally 1+1=2.

Perhaps someday, he will realize that cooking up explanations and self talk so 1 + 1 can APPEAR to = 2, is not how the universe actually works.
Relativity, Uncertainty and the for example the maths of Paul Dirac are non-intuitive. Trusting what appears to human brains to be logical, with no evidence, is a dead end.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-07-2013, 12:29 PM
(15-07-2013 12:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ... for example the maths of Paul Dirac are non-intuitive...

On the contrary; they're perfectly intuitive, as soon as one starts doing linear algebra on statistics with imaginary probabilities...

Big Grin

... this is my signature!
15-07-2013, 12:32 PM
(15-07-2013 12:29 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 12:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ... for example the maths of Paul Dirac are non-intuitive...

On the contrary; they're perfectly intuitive, as soon as one starts doing linear algebra on statistics with imaginary probabilities...

Big Grin

You're not helping. Tongue

(15-07-2013 04:46 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  That is not an explanation.

Consider

Could probably automate this quote, and append it to all childeye's posts without fear of error.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2013, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2013 12:43 PM by childeye.)
(15-07-2013 12:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 11:28 AM)childeye Wrote:  c. He realizes fundamentally 1+1=2.

Perhaps someday, he will realize that cooking up explanations and self talk so 1 + 1 can APPEAR to = 2, is not how the universe actually works.
Relativity, Uncertainty and the for example the maths of Paul Dirac are non-intuitive. Trusting what appears to human brains to be logical, with no evidence, is a dead end.
But I have proof. 2-1=1.
Interestingly, Albert Einstein set out to disprove God and instead found E=MC2 and became a believer without a doubt.