God is not a religion, religion is man made.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2014, 02:22 PM
RE: God is not a religion, religion is man made.
(14-06-2014 03:38 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(14-06-2014 02:58 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I dunno man. I mean the idea of god and religion can be seperated it seems to me.
There are plenty of non religious theists. My sister is an example. She believes in Jesus but you'll never see her in church. You'll never see her pray. You'll never see her do any of the religious things. Doesn't that mean that she isn't religious? Maybe. I dunno.
Then there are deists. Can't really say they are religious.
Maybe you meant something more specific? Or perhaps I fully misunderstand what you are saying? That been known to happen...

All deities come from a religion, if there was no religion, there wouldn't be any Gods. Even if your sister believes in Jesus but she does not go to church, Jesus is still the product of Christianity, a religion. Without the religion the deity is invalid.

Deism?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
16-06-2014, 02:41 PM
(16-06-2014 02:22 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(14-06-2014 03:38 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  All deities come from a religion, if there was no religion, there wouldn't be any Gods. Even if your sister believes in Jesus but she does not go to church, Jesus is still the product of Christianity, a religion. Without the religion the deity is invalid.

Deism?

Deism got it's start from religion, it was created when people of a lot of different faiths wanted to get rid of the religious parts and still believe in a Deity. All the Deities they believe in though are from Religions. I've pretty much given up on this thread though so no point in continuing to post.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-06-2014, 02:42 PM
(16-06-2014 02:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 02:14 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  0=1-1 since a photon is it's own anti-photon, empty space creates virtual particles all the time with two photons emerging into existence and then canceling each other out.

I was hoping someone would point out that gigantic exception. That's one of the problems with basing one's fundamental cosmology on facile misunderstanding of arithmetic.

All childeye's ever done is play magical equivocating word games - the defining makes it so school of apologetics. It's so bereft of substance there's not even any real way to address it...

Basically he is Not Even Wrong

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-06-2014, 03:02 PM
(16-06-2014 02:14 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 03:30 AM)childeye Wrote:  Yes but 3+3=6 while 0+0=0. In both of your equations nothing came out of something. They don't apply. My point is I can't get something out of nothing. How hard can this be to understand?

0=1-1 since a photon is it's own anti-photon, empty space creates virtual particles all the time with two photons emerging into existence and then canceling each other out.

And I give you the Casimir Effect

Thanks for the lesson. Of course even empty space, as in time, is something. The real problem here is that there are no terms in the temporal reality to describe eternal things adequately.
16-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Oh dear here we go again with childeye's circular logic, shifting goal posts and aphasia-riddled nonsense.

All he ever does is regurgitate what he thinks sounds good and gives him that holy spirit tickle in his taint.

Believe me, he will argue as long as people continue to reply to his drivel.
We've been down that road before.

It's really best to just tell him to shoo fly.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-06-2014, 11:25 PM
(16-06-2014 11:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh dear here we go again with childeye's circular logic, shifting goal posts and aphasia-riddled nonsense.

All he ever does is regurgitate what he thinks sounds good and gives him that holy spirit tickle in his taint.

You forgot this. Tongue

[Image: shoo-fly-vector-179768.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
16-06-2014, 11:44 PM
(16-06-2014 11:25 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 11:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh dear here we go again with childeye's circular logic, shifting goal posts and aphasia-riddled nonsense.

You forgot this. Tongue

I love you! Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-06-2014, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2014 12:27 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(16-06-2014 11:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 11:25 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You forgot this. Tongue

I love you! Heart

[Image: tumblr_lwg7z8qmMh1r8p27bo1_250.gif]

[Image: tumblr_lwg7z8qmMh1r8p27bo2_250.gif]

I love that movie (and you too Moms Big Grin ).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post