God is not a religion, religion is man made.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2014, 04:45 AM
RE: God is not a religion, religion is man made.
(16-06-2014 03:30 AM)childeye Wrote:  Yes but 3+3=6 while 0+0=0. In both of your equations nothing came out of something. They don't apply. My point is I can't get something out of nothing. How hard can this be to understand?

You are not aware of the set theoretic definition of 1 ?

1 = {0}.

There's a whole scheme of how you can define the natural numbers using zero as a starting point i.e. get something out of nothing Big Grin

*Also* numbers are a human thing. Mathematics is a human thing. It's an *attempt* to describe the natural world which happens to work extremely well but it's not an absolute thing either. You can't use maths to prove stuff about the universe. At most you can use it to construct theories about how stuff might work given some reasonable assumptions but there's *never* a guarantee that these assumptions are valid.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
16-06-2014, 04:53 AM
God is not a religion, religion is man made.
(16-06-2014 04:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 03:30 AM)childeye Wrote:  Yes but 3+3=6 while 0+0=0. In both of your equations nothing came out of something. They don't apply. My point is I can't get something out of nothing. How hard can this be to understand?

You are not aware of the set theoretic definition of 1 ?

1 = {0}.

There's a whole scheme of how you can define the natural numbers using zero as a starting point i.e. get something out of nothing Big Grin

*Also* numbers are a human thing. Mathematics is a human thing. It's an *attempt* to describe the natural world which happens to work extremely well but it's not an absolute thing either. You can't use maths to prove stuff about the universe. At most you can use it to construct theories about how stuff might work given some reasonable assumptions but there's *never* a guarantee that these assumptions are valid.

The only absolute seems to be absolutes don't exist.

And it's weird to find myself agreeing with so much of what you post lately.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
16-06-2014, 05:03 AM
(16-06-2014 04:53 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  And it's weird to find myself agreeing with so much of what you post lately.

I'm a lowest common denominator Tongue Emphasis on low and common. You should probably be worried Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-06-2014, 10:22 AM
(16-06-2014 03:42 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 02:52 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Okay, here is the Dumbass Version, just for you.

You don't know enough to make a probability judgement there, all you can do is make an assumption. If you are making assumptions, then your assumption-supported conclusion is less probably than another conclusion that requires less assumptions. For fuck's sake...
Thank you for the dumbass version. But I am positive that 0+0=0 and 0-0=0.

Congrats fuknuts, you understand basic math at a Kindergarten level. Please shut the hell up until after you've passed Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, and basic Statistics. You know, where you might actually learn something about probability.

Until then, peace-out dumbass.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
16-06-2014, 10:27 AM
childeye, I will be unable to reply to you for a long time (maybe even after you've left) because of some stuff that's happened in my life. By "unable" I mean I'd rather not reply right now. Just letting you know.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
16-06-2014, 10:47 AM
(16-06-2014 02:43 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  ---
That would be like saying 0 + fish = universe, ---
---

Shocking

- My Road to Damascus moment is actualized. Blink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-06-2014, 11:01 AM
The current scientific stance on the beginning of reality is WTF, maybe YAHWEH is just the iron age Acronym equivalent.
A joke that got a little out of hand, evident by the fact Jesus the son of god was named after an expression of incredulity.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
16-06-2014, 11:28 AM
(14-06-2014 03:38 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(14-06-2014 02:58 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I dunno man. I mean the idea of god and religion can be seperated it seems to me.
There are plenty of non religious theists. My sister is an example. She believes in Jesus but you'll never see her in church. You'll never see her pray. You'll never see her do any of the religious things. Doesn't that mean that she isn't religious? Maybe. I dunno.
Then there are deists. Can't really say they are religious.
Maybe you meant something more specific? Or perhaps I fully misunderstand what you are saying? That been known to happen...

All deities come from a religion, if there was no religion, there wouldn't be any Gods. Even if your sister believes in Jesus but she does not go to church, Jesus is still the product of Christianity, a religion. Without the religion the deity is invalid.

Actually the ancient gods of Norse mythology, egyptian, Greek or Roman were tied to human activities and need. Not necessarily religion.

So many times we equate God with Christians when thousands of years and Gods predate the Christian God.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
16-06-2014, 02:14 PM

0=1-1 since a photon is it's own anti-photon, empty space creates virtual particles all the time with two photons emerging into existence and then canceling each other out.

And I give you the Casimir Effect

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
16-06-2014, 02:19 PM
(16-06-2014 02:14 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  

0=1-1 since a photon is it's own anti-photon, empty space creates virtual particles all the time with two photons emerging into existence and then canceling each other out.

I was hoping someone would point out that gigantic exception. That's one of the problems with basing one's fundamental cosmology on facile misunderstanding of arithmetic.

All childeye's ever done is play magical equivocating word games - the defining makes it so school of apologetics. It's so bereft of substance there's not even any real way to address it...

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post