God is not dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2014, 04:58 PM
RE: God is not dead
(01-10-2014 04:35 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  The title is right though, I mean something imaginary can't be dead.

Excellent observation! Thumbsup I was waiting for someone else to see that the problem starts in the very title. It only goes downhill from there.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 05:17 PM
(01-10-2014 04:35 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  The title is right though, I mean something imaginary can't be dead.

The title just shows how ignorant of well almost all things this brand of christian is. Nietzsche proclaimed "God is Dead" and what he meant was that as a social mover God had lost the place of prominence he once held, much as someone would state "The Horse is dead" when pushing for the adoption of the automobile.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-10-2014, 05:18 PM
(01-10-2014 05:17 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The title just shows how ignorant of well almost all things this brand of christian is. Nietzsche proclaimed "God is Dead" and what he meant was that as a social mover God had lost the place of prominence he once held, much as someone would state "The Horse is dead" when pushing for the adoption of the automobile.

Well said.

"You're very clever, young man, very clever, but it's turtles all the way down!"
01-10-2014, 05:21 PM
No, I have not seen it, I have no intentions of spending an hour and a half of my life with every logic and emotion part of my brain screaming for mercy.

My Christian's family's seen it, though, even after I told them it was generally considered a bad movie even without the horrible preaching. Even they think it ended up being propaganda.

Despite that, it still ended up being permanently bought after they rented it, somehow. Which severely pisses me off, cause I can list like fifty different things we could have done with that money that would have been less wasteful. Like, using it as toilet paper.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
01-10-2014, 05:23 PM
I think the best way to watch that movie is the way me and my old roommate watched Twilight.

With a big bottle of absinthe.

Who's with me?

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
01-10-2014, 05:24 PM
(01-10-2014 05:21 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  No, I have not seen it, I have no intentions of spending an hour and a half of my life with every logic and emotion part of my brain screaming for mercy.

My Christian's family's seen it, though, even after I told them it was generally considered a bad movie even without the horrible preaching. Even they think it ended up being propaganda.

Despite that, it still ended up being permanently bought after they rented it, somehow. Which severely pisses me off, cause I can list like fifty different things we could have done with that money that would have been less wasteful. Like, using it as toilet paper.

I agree with you, that It does seem like a waste of time. I haven't watched it yet, but I will. It seems crazy but I often watch religious propaganda and I constantly listen to Christian radio. It helps me to learn their perspective, and arms me better when I am drawn into a debate. Plus, you NEVER know what they are gonna say next!!

"You're very clever, young man, very clever, but it's turtles all the way down!"
[+] 2 users Like Hoops's post
01-10-2014, 05:24 PM
The trailer is enough of a head beating against my wall. I don't need a full movie of that crap.

"God isn't dead because you hate him !!"

Let's compare the reactions of a dead guy to the reactions of a god
Hmmm - Appears at first glance to have same reactions to rape, murder and deadly torture of children.

Oh wait, the dead guy is being mysterious and has a plan for all that rape and murder.
He planned the death and torture of people from beyond the grave. Sounds like a miracle.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
01-10-2014, 05:52 PM
(01-10-2014 05:24 PM)Hoops Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 05:21 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  No, I have not seen it, I have no intentions of spending an hour and a half of my life with every logic and emotion part of my brain screaming for mercy.

I agree with you, that It does seem like a waste of time. I haven't watched it yet, but I will. It seems crazy but I often watch religious propaganda and I constantly listen to Christian radio. It helps me to learn their perspective, and arms me better when I am drawn into a debate. Plus, you NEVER know what they are gonna say next!!

OK I was under the impression that this was some propaganda that I could find on the intertubez for free. I need to clarify, I watch religious propaganda, but I never support it financially.

But I did find this:

Its really funny. How good of a synopsis is this? In case the video isn't available to me to watch free of charge some time?

[+] 1 user Likes Hoops's post
01-10-2014, 06:10 PM
(01-10-2014 05:23 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I think the best way to watch that movie is the way me and my old roommate watched Twilight.

With a big bottle of absinthe.

Who's with me?

Are you speaking of a modified version of the fail raid drinking game? Every time someone makes a logical fallacy, take a shot. Every time they make a gross mischaracterization of their opponent, take a shot. Every time Christians are shown being unfairly treated take a shot.

Your liver will never recover.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
01-10-2014, 06:39 PM
(01-10-2014 05:52 PM)Hoops Wrote:  Its really funny. How good of a synopsis is this? In case the video isn't available to me to watch free of charge some time?

Yeah. I would never pay to see it.