God is not logically possible

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
02-09-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: God is not logically possible
(02-09-2012 08:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 11:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Could you please tell us how you think of "nothingness", fine sir.

The one thing that isn't, ...

Why you even need to ask Fullerene? Not immediately obvious and apparent?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2012, 09:17 PM
(02-09-2012 08:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 08:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The one thing that isn't, ...

[Image: 09FA7DDB-CD90-4EE0-AB1F-7A751ECBC292-628...4DCA9D.jpg]

...and then there's the live studio audience.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-09-2012, 09:31 PM
(02-09-2012 08:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 08:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The one thing that isn't, ...

This is a chess game. I'm 3 moves ahead. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-09-2012, 09:33 PM
(02-09-2012 09:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 08:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why you even need to ask Fullerene? Not immediately obvious and apparent?

If it's chess, I'm already sleeping. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-09-2012, 10:20 PM
well since Egor isn't answering my question I'll answer it. X=Claim that a certain god is true.

"I don't think X is true":

This statement is a rejection of a claim. In terms of our discussion it says that I don't believe your claim that a god exists. A person who says this is an Atheist in terms of gods because they meet the definition of an Atheist which is a lack of belief in a god.

It is not saying...

"I think X is false":

This is an active assertion of a different claim altogether. It's almost like saying "no X is not true Y is true". It's an assertion not just of a lack of belief but a statement that X cannot be true. Anyone who makes this claim must provide evidence to show that what they are saying is true just as much as the person who asserts X must provide proof.

This position is also an Atheist position as this person lacks belief in a god. I'm hearing you assert this is the position of all Atheists. This is incorrect.

Most Atheists I've met will state "X is false" when it comes to specific deities. Exactly like how you started this thread. Most Atheists myself included turn right back around on the concept of god itself with "I do not think X is true". That is most Atheists not all of them.

All Atheism is like I've stated before is the "I don't know but I see no good evidence to believe" in terms of X.

Finally I've seen you state that you think for Atheism to be true the universe must have always existed or created itself from nothing. That is not the case.

All that needs to happen for Atheism to be true is anything happening to start our current universe that is not a god. Anything other then that one possibility means that Atheism is true. It gets even worse once your a specific theist because it has to be your version of said god doing things in a specific way for your worldview to be true.
[+] 1 user Likes Godless's post
02-09-2012, 10:22 PM
(02-09-2012 09:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 08:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why you even need to ask Fullerene? Not immediately obvious and apparent?

I hate to be nit picky but if you are paying proper chess it is impossible for you to be physically three moves ahead good sir considering it alternates between players.

Though if you refer to thinking three moves ahead then I think you need to be more specific because technically depending on position and point in the game thinking three moves ahead is hardly a significant feet and your opponent is likely thinking many more ahead of you.
Firs example, the opening, now I've played a lot of games with a lot of openings and you generally tell after 1 or 2 moves how the opening is going to progress and can see many moves a head.
Also what must be taken into account is the player you are playing. For example, I knew a guy in high school who was an equal match for me and we played a lot of games and so knew what position eachother was going to play. In such situations it would not be abnormal to know 7-8 moves ahead.
But on the contrary if you are playing someone you have never played it is much harder to accurately predict what they are about to play.

What I think you mean to say is "we are playing a game of chess for the first time and we are currently in the mid game in an unseen before position and I can forecast what is about to be played several moves ahead"

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
02-09-2012, 10:26 PM
(02-09-2012 10:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 09:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  This is a chess game. I'm 3 moves ahead. Tongue

I hate to be nit picky but if you are paying proper chess it is impossible for you to be physically three moves ahead good sir considering it alternates between players.

Though if you refer to thinking three moves ahead then I think you need to be more specific because technically depending on position and point in the game thinking three moves ahead is hardly a significant feet and your opponent is likely thinking many more ahead of you.
Firs example, the opening, now I've played a lot of games with a lot of openings and you generally tell after 1 or 2 moves how the opening is going to progress and can see many moves a head.
Also what must be taken into account is the player you are playing. For example, I knew a guy in high school who was an equal match for me and we played a lot of games and so knew what position eachother was going to play. In such situations it would not be abnormal to know 7-8 moves ahead.
But on the contrary if you are playing someone you have never played it is much harder to accurately predict what they are about to play.

What I think you mean to say is "we are playing a game of chess for the first time and we are currently in the mid game in an unseen before position and I can forecast what is about to be played several moves ahead"

I think my feet are quite significant. Big Grin

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-09-2012, 10:38 PM
(02-09-2012 10:20 PM)Godless Wrote:  well since Egor isn't answering my question I'll answer it. X=Claim that a certain god is true

x=I am. (or I love my Gwynnies)

I don't know, I'm stuck on a singular origin. universe don't need an origin, I do.

02-09-2012, 10:44 PM
(02-09-2012 10:38 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 10:20 PM)Godless Wrote:  well since Egor isn't answering my question I'll answer it. X=Claim that a certain god is true

x=I am. (or I love my Gwynnies)

I don't know, I'm stuck on a singular origin. universe don't need an origin, I do.

Not to worry. If Gwyinnies is infinte, and they really actually mean it, you are Gwynneth.

02-09-2012, 10:54 PM
wait back the truck up, John.. IS.. Gywnneth?

Ohhhh it all makes perfect sense now.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post