God is not logically possible

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
31-08-2012, 07:49 AM
RE: God is not logically possible
Personal revelations can come at any age.... shows no matter how old we are we are "forever evolving"...... I hope this new thinking brings you some peace Ed Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2012, 07:56 AM
(30-08-2012 11:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  God, as we think of Him, is not logically possible. For God to be any kind of person at all would be such a limitation that He coulnd't be "God." If God is any kind of person at all, then He must be a contingent being--necessitating another God that made Him.
nature is the 'god' of all the stuff, people like to talk about.

ie... we are of nature, actually. So all that is defining anything called a god is either a manmade creation, or of nature, in all it's natural process.

Basically, remove the concept of a 'god' on a thrown. (separate)
Quote:What that means is that if God exists, He must be so alien to what we think of as a being, that His existence is essentially meaningless to us. In fact, God as a creator of the universe, necessitates that God is completely arbitrary (chaotic if you will) in how He makes things. There could be no more order to the universe than there is in the pattern of white dots on a snowy TV screen.
cute.

you're alive. What's the disorder about that?

nature has proven the PATTERN of evolution. (opposite of the accidents, of the chaotic mindset)
Quote:If there was any order at all, then God couldn't be God, because that would mean that God had limitations based on predefined criteria in the selection of his creations.

You are seeking understanding yourself; to put order to your comprehension.

it's a natural part of nature.

not the random 'accidents' of 'walking the planck'.

Quote:God exists, but there is no way to understand what God is. If we can understand what God is, then that God isn't God.

most anything under and beyond the sun, has some type of 'understanding' being sought (of nature (god itself)).

'a' moron on a thrown, is a fignewton of the imagination.

Quote: I have come to realize that in all my defining of God, I have only ended up with a mystery. "God is the monistic fundamental consciousness" is the same thing as saying "God is God." It sounds interesting, but it is really of no interest at all. It says nothing.

are you conscious?

are you alive, right now? capable of creating with both good and evil, right now?

boo
31-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Bish responds to Egor.

It's almost too perfect!

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
31-08-2012, 08:13 AM
(31-08-2012 06:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You amaze me more and more with each post, Ed.

Hey, KC, your turn. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
31-08-2012, 08:15 AM
(31-08-2012 07:47 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 11:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  God, as we think of Him, is not logically possible. For God to be any kind of person at all would be such a limitation that He coulnd't be "God." If God is any kind of person at all, then He must be a contingent being--necessitating another God that made Him.

Where's the source for this information?

Or is it just a fabricated opinion?

Fabricated opinion like the existence of God? Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-08-2012, 08:16 AM

What that means is that if God exists, He must be so alien to what we think of as a being, that His existence is essentially meaningless to us. In fact, God as a creator of the universe, necessitates that God is completely arbitrary (chaotic if you will) in how He makes things. There could be no more order to the universe than there is in the pattern of white dots on a snowy TV screen.

If there was any order at all, then God couldn't be God, because that would mean that God had limitations based on predefined criteria in the selection of his creations.

God exists, but there is no way to understand what God is. If we can understand what God is, then that God isn't God. I have come to realize that in all my defining of God, I have only ended up with a mystery. "God is the monistic fundamental consciousness" is the same thing as saying "God is God." It sounds interesting, but it is really of no interest at all. It says nothing.

Well, you're almost there. Just drop the "God exists" part.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-08-2012, 08:23 AM
(30-08-2012 11:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  God exists, but there is no way to understand what God is. If we can understand what God is, then that God isn't God.
Then how do you know that god exists? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
31-08-2012, 09:07 AM
(30-08-2012 11:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  For God to be any kind of person at all would be such a limitation that He coulnd't be "God."
I disagree. God, according to the concept put forth by some religions, is omnipotent. Therefore God can do anything including being a person if he so chooses. A more accurate statement would be God doesn't have to be any kind of person because the have part would be too limiting for this to be God. By your reasoning, you are limiting God to being a non-person.

I see the same logical error here:
(30-08-2012 11:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  If there was any order at all, then God couldn't be God, because that would mean that God had limitations based on predefined criteria in the selection of his creations.
The presence of order doesn't eliminate the possibility of God. What I believe you mean to say is that God is not limited only to creating order because, as God, he can do anything including creating disorder or creating in a chaotic fashion. But God could certainly create order just as easily. By your reasoning, you are limiting God to being chaotic.

(30-08-2012 11:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  God exists, but there is no way to understand what God is.
Did you mean to say "If God exists, ..."? If not, how do you justify "God exists"? Personally, I see no evidence.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
31-08-2012, 12:03 PM
(31-08-2012 08:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 07:47 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Where's the source for this information?

Or is it just a fabricated opinion?

Fabricated opinion like the existence of God? Drinking Beverage

Nice non-answer.

Is it just irony that some of you will demand sources for anything I say, yet when someone who somewhat agrees with you says anything, you just applaud him without much skepticism?

If I ask for a source (As Vosur does to me), what pisses you off about that?

So far, you scoff when a Theist isn't skeptical of his/her own worldview, and you equally scoff when the Theist is skeptical of anything else, including his/her own worldview.
(Aside from Impulse who seems to have a much better understanding of courtesy and a firm grip of what it means for anyone to be rational.)

Either give me an adequate answer or don't expect me to.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
31-08-2012, 12:12 PM
(31-08-2012 12:03 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 08:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  Fabricated opinion like the existence of God? Drinking Beverage

Nice non-answer.

Is it just irony that some of you will demand sources for anything I say, yet when someone who somewhat agrees with you says anything, you just applaud him without much skepticism?

If I ask for a source (As Vosur does to me), what pisses you off about that?

So far, you scoff when a Theist isn't skeptical of his/her own worldview, and you equally scoff when the Theist is skeptical of anything else, including his/her own worldview.
(Aside from Impulse who seems to have a much better understanding of courtesy and a firm grip of what it means for anyone to be rational.)

Either give me an adequate answer or don't expect me to.

Egor gave an argument, he is the source; no other is required. You called it fabricated opinion.

Give me an argument for the existence of God.

My argument for the non-existence is the evidence of the naturalistic explanations of the material world and the lack of evidence for the supernatural.
I don't believe in God exactly as I don't believe in faeries, homeopathy, ley lines, or chakras. No evidence.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post