God is not logically possible

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
01-09-2012, 09:06 AM
RE: God is not logically possible
Quote:Because the universe and the world and conscious entities within it cannot exist for no reason at all. That existential reason is the first evidence that God exists.

Must have reason? Says who?

It's a circular argument with you believers.
"The universe must have been created at some point by something" but then we ask, "well who created God?", and then you answer "nothing, God has always been there".

It's stupid because what can be said for "god" can be said for say some electron or whatever. "That electron has always been there".

I think this is key "reason". When you accept that there doesn't have to be a reaosn, you'll forget this whole God business.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
01-09-2012, 11:38 AM
(01-09-2012 09:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  [quote]
I think this is key "reason". When you accept that there doesn't have to be a reaosn, you'll forget this whole God business.

To accept that all of existence is from 'no reason' would be to take a step of non-reason. The very thing you accuse Theists of on a daily basis.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
01-09-2012, 11:42 AM

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
01-09-2012, 12:41 PM
In short, we shall find, that God has never manifested himself, but to announce inexplicable mysteries, unintelligible doctrines, ridiculous practices; to throw the human mind into fear, distrust, perplexity, and above all, to furnish a never-failing source of dispute to mortals.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
01-09-2012, 01:17 PM
(01-09-2012 12:41 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  In short, we shall find, that God has never manifested himself, but to announce inexplicable mysteries, unintelligible doctrines, ridiculous practices; to throw the human mind into fear, distrust, perplexity, and above all, to furnish a never-failing source of dispute to mortals.

Disputes is'nt just caused by religion, we're mostly all athiest/agnostic here, we dispute all the time. In the absence of religion, ego will do just fine to make humans act like dicks Smile Where religion is dangerous, is that it demands absolutes, but again there are plenty here who are absolutist. Its lack of empathy, toleration or just not caring enough that'll keep us at each others throats.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
01-09-2012, 01:22 PM
(01-09-2012 11:38 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  [quote='earmuffs' pid='161564' dateline='1346512012']
Quote:I think this is key "reason". When you accept that there doesn't have to be a reaosn, you'll forget this whole God business.

To accept that all of existence is from 'no reason' would be to take a step of non-reason. The very thing you accuse Theists of on a daily basis.

I am not sure what you mean by 'no reason'.
The idea that the universe exists without purpose is not unreasonable. In fact, it looks exactly like that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-09-2012, 01:24 PM
(01-09-2012 01:17 PM)Humakt Wrote:  
(01-09-2012 12:41 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  In short, we shall find, that God has never manifested himself, but to announce inexplicable mysteries, unintelligible doctrines, ridiculous practices; to throw the human mind into fear, distrust, perplexity, and above all, to furnish a never-failing source of dispute to mortals.

Disputes is'nt just caused by religion, we're mostly all athiest/agnostic here, we dispute all the time. In the absence of religion, ego will do just fine to make humans act like dicks Smile Where religion is dangerous, is that it demands absolutes, but again there are plenty here who are absolutist. Its lack of empathy, toleration or just not caring enough that'll keep us at each others throats.

Religion just seems particularly good at greasing the wheels of unreason, intolerance, absolutism, and hate.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Fuck Chas you're on fire today.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
01-09-2012, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 01:41 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-09-2012 11:38 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  To accept that all of existence is from 'no reason' would be to take a step of non-reason. The very thing you accuse Theists of on a daily basis.

So, are you proposing there is a third (neutral), possibility ?

A reason, many reasons, some reasons, no reason, good reason, bad reason, what ?

The more correct word is "motivation".
There can be no motivation if there is no one motivated. That would imply a creator.

The theist idea "well did this all just come about for no reason", is an Argument from Ignorance, and God of the gaps. You also assume YOU know the reason. What if there is a reason, and you don't know it, (yet) ? You're only interested if it's your reason.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
01-09-2012, 01:51 PM
(01-09-2012 01:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-09-2012 01:17 PM)Humakt Wrote:  Disputes is'nt just caused by religion, we're mostly all athiest/agnostic here, we dispute all the time. In the absence of religion, ego will do just fine to make humans act like dicks Smile Where religion is dangerous, is that it demands absolutes, but again there are plenty here who are absolutist. Its lack of empathy, toleration or just not caring enough that'll keep us at each others throats.

Religion just seems particularly good at greasing the wheels of unreason, intolerance, absolutism, and hate.

Sure, but Kirk or Picard?

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.