God is omnipresent?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2012, 02:10 AM
God is omnipresent?
A simple question for any theist out there. If God is omnipresent, does he exist in hell?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2012, 07:42 AM
RE: God is omnipresent?
(14-09-2012 02:10 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  A simple question for any theist out there. If God is omnipresent, does he exist in hell?

Short answer, yes.

Eric Landstrom has a very, very good article on it.

Article here.

***He believes in systematic theology like I do and denies process theology, again, like me***

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Ofcourse.
And he's omnipotent. So he could end the eternal suffering in hell, but he doesn't.
But he doesn't exist at all.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
14-09-2012, 07:44 AM
As this seems to be another cheesy attempt at debunking a characteristic of a God you have yet to even consider the possibility of it's existence, perhaps I should give my $.02 anyway.

That Omnipresence is different from Pantheism I think is perhaps an important distinction to make.
His presence is not the same as we would think of presence. We would think of it in a natural/physical location sense, whereas location is not an issue for something outside the natural realm.

As far as I can think of it (Which is incredibly limited), it could be comparable to a 'mind' that isn't anywhere in the sense that it can be located, but is everywhere in the sense that it cannot be located.
Er... well it makes more sense when I'm thinking about it. But, perhaps you can still get what I'm saying.
The philosophy on this issue is a bit grey for me since I haven't spent much time on it.

So directly to your question - I do believe that He is present in Hell, but I'm guessing it's a much different issue for Him.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
14-09-2012, 07:46 AM
So, is he/she/it inside Vishnu's rectum? Hmm... or is he present in the centre of Jupiter?

Don't pay attention to me... I got a new huge batch of different kinds of tea and I am hopped up on caffeine...

[Image: opforum1.png]
14-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Yes a fictional god would exist in a fictional hell

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
14-09-2012, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 08:24 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-09-2012 07:46 AM)frankiej Wrote:  So, is he/she/it inside Vishnu's rectum? Hmm... or is he present in the centre of Jupiter?

Don't pay attention to me... I got a new huge batch of different kinds of tea and I am hopped up on caffeine...

I did have a pain in my ass after running yesterday. So THAT'S what that was.

Seriously. No.
a. If heaven and hell exist, they are states of being, not "places". In a spiritual realm, there IS no spacetime, so the question is moot. It's not that a god "transcends" space time, and therefore IS everywhere, it's that there IS no spacetime, in a spiritual realm. If god exists, that state encompasses no spacetime, (obviously, as there would be none before the creation of this universe).
b. The problem is, since we exist, experientiallly IN spacetime, our brains are unable to imagine what it would be like to exist in a non-temporal, and non-spatial environment.
c. All of Christian theology and Philosophy assumes already extant, linear time in place, and it's continuity, as we imagine it from a non-Relativistic point of view. It's one of the reasons Christianity is such a crock.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-09-2012, 08:01 AM
(14-09-2012 07:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  c. All of Christian theology and Philosophy assumes already extant, linear time in place, and it's continuity, as we imagine it from a non-Relativistic point of view. It's one of the reasons Christianity is such a crock.

Hehehe Smile Bet they weren't thinking of the latest developments in gravitation theory back then... "Jesus WEPT Paul, he fucking WEPT! That's how much he loves c".
14-09-2012, 08:07 AM
(14-09-2012 07:42 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 02:10 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  A simple question for any theist out there. If God is omnipresent, does he exist in hell?

Short answer, yes.

Eric Landstrom has a very, very good article on it.

Article here.

***He believes in systematic theology like I do and denies process theology, again, like me***

What a bunch of fucking wiggle. Big Grin

Stuff makes god so undefined that might as well say god is thingness. And in a world without void, such ain't even worth mentioning. But all you apologist mofos want us to worship it and call it daddy.

And why? Cause you guys cannot sack up and admit hell is an absurd concept. Motherfuckers make me wanna go on a killing spree. Say shit like "atheism makes life meaningless," and can't feel no joy, nor have no morals, when the opposite is fucking true. I.e. that we can keep our heads out of our asses without imagining peeps we disagree with burning in a lake of fire. Angry

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
14-09-2012, 08:13 AM
(14-09-2012 08:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I.e. that we can keep our heads out of our asses without imagining peeps we disagree with burning in a lake of fire. Angry

Are we allowed to imagine them with haemorrhoids ? Angel