"God is self-existent"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: "God is self-existent"
(24-02-2015 01:24 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 07:03 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Although I don't check into this section of the board quite frequently enough to be a regular commenter, I for one am open to being convinced. But when someone says something is true out of the findings of historical or archaeological study but doesn't provide citations then major components of their argument are unsupported, which tends to leave the entire argument unable to be assessed. If you have a claim I for one would be keen to see that claim sourced and cited so that I can evaluate the argument as a whole.

Unfortunately for us both, then, I tend to feel less energetic about offering citations when called a name by Chas.

So, I'm still saved, and I suggest if you're really intrigued you look up the citations, then send me a PM, and we'll just keep Chas out of this until he cools off some. I find Joseph's and Moses's stories outside the Bible compelling, but salvation, of course, is found in Jesus's story.

Oh, poor you. Evidence or shut the fuck up.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-02-2015, 10:11 AM
(24-02-2015 02:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 01:24 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Unfortunately for us both, then, I tend to feel less energetic about offering citations when called a name by Chas.

So, I'm still saved, and I suggest if you're really intrigued you look up the citations, then send me a PM, and we'll just keep Chas out of this until he cools off some. I find Joseph's and Moses's stories outside the Bible compelling, but salvation, of course, is found in Jesus's story.

Oh, poor you. Evidence or shut the fuck up.

Then perhaps you'll present the evidence you have that there is no god anytime or anywhere in the known as well as the unknown current universe. Oh, that's right--your argument is from silence, not to mention simply denying any evidence you may have received! However, you tell good Christians at TTA to present peer-reviewed papers for any claim they make from silence or, for that matter, logic or philosophy or anything else.

That must be convenient for you, but it's mean. Stop.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
25-02-2015, 10:15 AM
It's not up to Chas to prove there is no god, it's up to you (the one making the claim) to substantiate that claim.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Helio's post
25-02-2015, 10:37 AM
(25-02-2015 10:11 AM)Delusion Boy Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 02:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, poor you. Evidence or shut the fuck up.

Then perhaps you'll present the evidence you have that there is no god anytime or anywhere in the known as well as the unknown current universe. Oh, that's right--your argument is from silence, not to mention simply denying any evidence you may have received! However, you tell good Christians at TTA to present peer-reviewed papers for any claim they make from silence or, for that matter, logic or philosophy or anything else.

You are delusional, you have inverted the burden of proof to sustain your childish fantasy. If you want him to stop, then quit coming onto these forums to proselytize.
No one will miss you, I assure you.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
25-02-2015, 10:44 AM
(25-02-2015 10:11 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 02:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, poor you. Evidence or shut the fuck up.

Oh, just fuck off. You are making the God claims - the burden of proof is on you.
Evidence or shut the fuck up.

26-02-2015, 11:25 AM
I see. I'm making a claim that God exists and shows evidence of His existence on the Earth.

Chad is making a claim that God doesn't exist anywhere in the universe or past or future time streams. I wonder which one will be easier to substantiate? Wink

Of course, I'm familiar with the atheist canard of not needing to prove a negative. (Which is often false, we can investigate the cupboards to see whether there are either crackers or no crackers within, but not both, unless a certain cat is boxed inside with the crackers.) I'm also familiar that because of Chas's outrageous claim of superior special knowledge (everything in the universe known but no God, which also makes Chas omniscient, and therefore, God) he has a super-large burden of proof, so much so that most of the atheists I know are agnostic atheists. I'm further aware that he shows his confirmatory bias by saying "Nope, no god" rather than "I'd like to see evidence."

Also, that The I and Helio are being polite and showing decorum, but that Chas is cursing at me, while I'm being respectful if pointed. Also, that Chas will say I'm being passive-aggressive, which seems to somehow justify his cursing at me like a drunken villain, rather than being what he claims to be, an educator.

Finally, the three of you missed my point--not that I can easily prove God exists or that you can easily prove God does not, but that submitting either claim to peer review is ridiculous on its face! CHAS, DO YOU HAVE PEER REVIEWED WORK DEMONSTRATING THAT GOD NEVER EXISTED IN ANY KNOWN DIMENSION OR TIME IN THIS OR OTHER PROJECTED UNIVERSES? (Sorry for shouting in caps but it's easier than italicizing and bolding, which Chas seems to ignore.) If not, kindly speak like other humans do. Softly, and nicely.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
26-02-2015, 01:56 PM
(26-02-2015 11:25 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I see. I'm making a claim that God exists and shows evidence of His existence on the Earth.

Chad is making a claim that God doesn't exist anywhere in the universe or past or future time streams. I wonder which one will be easier to substantiate? Wink

Who's Chad? And where did he make that claim? Consider

Quote:Of course, I'm familiar with the atheist canard of not needing to prove a negative. (Which is often false, we can investigate the cupboards to see whether there are either crackers or no crackers within, but not both, unless a certain cat is boxed inside with the crackers.) I'm also familiar that because of Chas's outrageous claim of superior special knowledge (everything in the universe known but no God, which also makes Chas omniscient, and therefore, God) he has a super-large burden of proof, so much so that most of the atheists I know are agnostic atheists. I'm further aware that he shows his confirmatory bias by saying "Nope, no god" rather than "I'd like to see evidence."

You are utterly disingenuous and delusional.
Please show where I have made such a claim. Seriously - time to put up or shut up.

Quote:Also, that The I and Helio are being polite and showing decorum, but that Chas is cursing at me, while I'm being respectful if pointed. Also, that Chas will say I'm being passive-aggressive, which seems to somehow justify his cursing at me like a drunken villain, rather than being what he claims to be, an educator.

Cursing at you? No, I have not uttered even one curse. When did I claim to be an educator? Again - citation or shut the fuck up.

Quote:Finally, the three of you missed my point--not that I can easily prove God exists or that you can easily prove God does not, but that submitting either claim to peer review is ridiculous on its face! CHAS, DO YOU HAVE PEER REVIEWED WORK DEMONSTRATING THAT GOD NEVER EXISTED IN ANY KNOWN DIMENSION OR TIME IN THIS OR OTHER PROJECTED UNIVERSES? (Sorry for shouting in caps but it's easier than italicizing and bolding, which Chas seems to ignore.) If not, kindly speak like other humans do. Softly, and nicely.

Please show where I have made that claim, you disingenuous, delusional twat.
I have not made a god-claim requiring evidence - you have but refuse to provide evidence.

You lie and dissemble 'softly and nicely', or more often passive-aggressively.

I am an atheist - I do not believe in any gods because there is no evidence of any gods. Parse that for a claim.

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
27-02-2015, 10:52 AM
(26-02-2015 01:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 11:25 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I see. I'm making a claim that God exists and shows evidence of His existence on the Earth.

Who's Chad? And where did he make that claim? Consider

Quote:Of course, I'm familiar with the atheist canard of not needing to prove a negative. (Which is often false, we can investigate the cupboards to see whether there are either crackers or no crackers within, but not both, unless a certain cat is boxed inside with the crackers.) I'm also familiar that because of Chas's outrageous claim of superior special knowledge (everything in the universe known but no God, which also makes Chas omniscient, and therefore, God) he has a super-large burden of proof, so much so that most of the atheists I know are agnostic atheists. I'm further aware that he shows his confirmatory bias by saying "Nope, no god" rather than "I'd like to see evidence."

Please show where I have made such a claim. Seriously - time to put up or shut up.

Quote:Also, that The I and Helio are being polite and showing decorum, but that Chas is cursing at me, while I'm being respectful if pointed. Also, that Chas will say I'm being passive-aggressive, which seems to somehow justify his cursing at me like a drunken villain, rather than being what he claims to be, an educator.

Cursing at you? No, I have not uttered even one curse. When did I claim to be an educator? Again - citation or shut the fuck up.

Quote:Finally, the three of you missed my point--not that I can easily prove God exists or that you can easily prove God does not, but that submitting either claim to peer review is ridiculous on its face! CHAS, DO YOU HAVE PEER REVIEWED WORK DEMONSTRATING THAT GOD NEVER EXISTED IN ANY KNOWN DIMENSION OR TIME IN THIS OR OTHER PROJECTED UNIVERSES? (Sorry for shouting in caps but it's easier than italicizing and bolding, which Chas seems to ignore.) If not, kindly speak like other humans do. Softly, and nicely.

I have not made a god-claim requiring evidence - you have but refuse to provide evidence.

I am an atheist - I do not believe in any gods because there is no evidence of any gods. Parse that for a claim.

1. I apologize for misspelling your name.

2. I predicted you would accuse me of being passive-aggressive.

3. I predicted you would hurl invective at me.

4. You are continuing to reestablish my credentials as a prophet.

5. Of course I can parse your claim. You do not believe in any gods because you insist there is no evidence of any gods rather than the far more correct, "Millions have cited diverse evidence for god(s) but I personally I, Chas, have never encountered god. Also, I've been researching claims and so far, find each one I've researched to be specious." But claiming there is "no evidence" is a stretch--that is--almost every person on Earth, including numerous agnostic atheists, might challenge you.

27-02-2015, 11:27 AM
(27-02-2015 10:52 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 01:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  Who's Chad? And where did he make that claim? Consider

1. I apologize for misspelling your name.

2. I predicted you would accuse me of being passive-aggressive.

3. I predicted you would hurl invective at me.

4. You are continuing to reestablish my credentials as a prophet.

5. Of course I can parse your claim. You do not believe in any gods because you insist there is no evidence of any gods rather than the far more correct, "Millions have cited diverse evidence for god(s) but I personally I, Chas, have never encountered god. Also, I've been researching claims and so far, find each one I've researched to be specious." But claiming there is "no evidence" is a stretch--that is--almost every person on Earth, including numerous agnostic atheists, might challenge you.

Once again - present your evidence. Your continual failure to do so is telling.

28-02-2015, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2015 07:47 AM by GirlyMan.)
(25-02-2015 10:11 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Then perhaps you'll present the evidence you have that there is no god anytime or anywhere in the known as well as the unknown current universe.

Of course God exists, silly. Would you care for some tea? The burden of proof is on you to show that I am not God.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post