God is the best doctor!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2012, 10:25 AM
RE: God is the best doctor!
(12-08-2012 08:37 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Impulse.

By that rationalle, I just invented 2+2=4. Just because I repeat something doesn't mean I invented something.

You were not reporting, you were inventing. That's what was made up.

I am indeed an Agnostic. Be careful though. If you ask me to go into detail it'll take 20 cantankerous pages to get right back to, "Yup. I'm an Agnostic." Cool

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Ok, got it. I didn't think you were simply regurgitating Christian theology, but having gone back and reviewed our conversation, I see now that's what you were doing. Thumbsup

(Although I'm somewhat disillusioned now that it's apparent you didn't invent 2+2=4. Wink )

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Hey, Impulse.

Don't worry. There will be other opportunities for your to bask in my greatness Cool

Hey, Chas.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
17-08-2012, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2012 05:38 PM by fstratzero.)
100% Raw Vegan, Unvaccinated Toddler Named Aya Smile

Her kid ^

We are ALL Energy Healers * Leija's Energy Healing * Emotional Cleansing & Healing Times

Her ^

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
17-08-2012, 05:59 PM
(13-08-2012 08:35 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  This reminds me of the game my younger siblings play. It's not so a game as a random thing they do. They pick an object across the room and say they're touching it. If you ask them how they say that air is touching them and the object so they must be touching the object.

to make this relevant the air is the doctors, the object is the patient and my sibling is god. so the healing comes from god.

Holy shit your younger siblings unintentionally found the Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics (sort of) Big Grin

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
20-08-2012, 05:02 AM
Well apparently after about 500+ people on facebook opening saying they were praying, about 2000 people in her church, her family, probably most of the college she attended...... god decided to work in mysterious ways.

Or he just didn't know crap about humans or how to heal them--as apparently he had the same response for another child (under 2) this weekend in my town as well.
20-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Recently I had someone tell me my mother (who is religious) misfortune was because of my atheism.
[Image: lawl.png]

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Question's post
20-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Last night my sister-in-law was telling about a lady in their church who asked for prayer because she was having back surgery. Later, when my SIL asked how her back was, the lady drew a blank look, then said, "Oh, it wasn't my back, I had a boob job and I just didn't want to ask for public prayer for my boobs." Then, as my SIL was telling the story, she adds: "It's a good thing God knew where she needed help or she would have been in big trouble when we all prayed for her back."

[Image: godzilla_facepalm.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Erx,
Let me get this straight....you go to your fellow church members and ask them to pray for you, you are lying about what you 'need' this prayer for but....since this woman in a believer she will be forgiven her lie and she gets new boobs.

Fuck...I should have gone the church route. They raise money around here for other cancer patients, missed out on that. They pray for cancer patients to have successful treatment...didn't need that, had great docs. But the money would have been nice as would a hot meal or two.

I am gonna have to take up drinking, at least then when my head swims there will be a fully explainable reason for it.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
20-08-2012, 09:36 PM
(20-08-2012 09:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Erx,
Let me get this straight....you go to your fellow church members and ask them to pray for you, you are lying about what you 'need' this prayer for but....since this woman in a believer she will be forgiven her lie and she gets new boobs.

Fuck...I should have gone the church route. They raise money around here for other cancer patients, missed out on that. They pray for cancer patients to have successful treatment...didn't need that, had great docs. But the money would have been nice as would a hot meal or two.

I am gonna have to take up drinking, at least then when my head swims there will be a fully explainable reason for it.

Well, they didn't take up an offering for the boob job, so you're still on your own there. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel