"God is too wise to make mistakes"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2014, 08:45 AM
"God is too wise to make mistakes"
So apparently he's just sadistic......

Mistake

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: "God is too wise to make mistakes"
(29-09-2014 08:45 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  So apparently he's just sadistic......

Mistake

Not sadistic, "perfectly just."

The little kid was a sinner who deserved hell and proved it by desecrating the baptismal tank. This is proof that no one can escape God's divine judgement. Meanwhile, vocal atheists continue to mock God with impunity. Consider

On second thought...that still makes God sound like an asshole. Better break out the "mysterious ways" and "Braydon's in a better place" arguments instead.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
29-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Quote: But tragedy struck when Brayden King was left in the care of his teen sister at church on Friday: She lost track of him for a short while, and he was found dead in 33 inches of water in the church's baptismal tank

Maybe 'god' just has a frat boy sense of humor?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
29-09-2014, 10:30 AM
It was all part of the plan...

I'm beginning to think God is basically a genocidal maniac... His "plan" seems to entirely consist of people dying.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-09-2014, 10:42 AM
What the fuck?
Quote:A mother in Decatur, Ala., says her prayers were answered when, after years of trying, she had a baby boy nearly two years ago. But tragedy struck when Brayden King was left in the care of his teen sister at church on Friday: She lost track of him for a short while, and he was found dead in 33 inches of water in the church's baptismal tank, reports Reuters. Brayden was 22 months old.

The kid was nearly 2 - he should have been on a goddamn leash!
Fucking teenagers; there's one who'll be in therapy for years to come... poor kid. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
29-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Bad enough to lose a baby but when you've got to expunge god's record to boot..... Thats taking it a bit far.
Really? God requires explaining or excuses?
Really?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
29-09-2014, 11:16 AM
(29-09-2014 11:12 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Bad enough to lose a baby but when you've got to expunge god's record to boot..... Thats taking it a bit far.
Really? God requires explaining or excuses?
Really?

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
29-09-2014, 12:07 PM
I feel sorry for the pastor (not to mention the poor kid's sister and mother, of course). But this notion of God being infallible is actually anti-Biblical. The Biblical Yahweh repents of his actions (both good and evil) many a time, one of the most notable being when he decides that he was wrong to create humanity in the first place and sends a worldwide flood to undo what he considers to have been an error. The Skeptic's Annotated Bible has more on the subject of God's repentance:

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/repent.html
29-09-2014, 01:10 PM
God just needed another angel...Sadcryface

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-09-2014, 01:31 PM
God saves people from their sins via baptism, but doesn't do as well saving them from death. Dodgy

On another note, for any religious person, it will be downright eerie having a baby baptized in that same tank now. Blink

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post