God is

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2013, 04:51 PM
RE: God is
(04-05-2013 04:44 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 02:15 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  God is

First tenet of the former Gwynnite Hypothesis. 1-A would be, god is not. To measure the infinitesimal, I ask you, the same yardstick to measure the infinite? Consider

Don't want to derail this thread from the OP word salad BUT...
I saw your Goddess at yesterday's opening day showing of Iron Man 3. Ooh la la!
She's got a six pack, did you know this?

@Tellmetruth - What you wrote is gibberish, means nothing, and that's the truth.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Nothingness can't be experienced because it is nothing. To experience nothingness is to experience nothing. If it is nothing, it cannot be 'purity, peace, oneness and truth', because by definition those are things, and nothing is no-thing. Nothing cannot be the source of things, because things are, and nothing isn't. You can't be at one with nothingness because it isn't a thing. If you find your true self in nothingness you must not be a thing. You must be nothing.

^ That was fun.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
04-05-2013, 05:11 PM
(04-05-2013 04:51 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Don't want to derail this thread from the OP word salad BUT...
I saw your Goddess at yesterday's opening day showing of Iron Man 3. Ooh la la!
She's got a six pack, did you know this?

And! Legs. Big Grin

(04-05-2013 04:56 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  Nothingness can't be experienced because it is nothing. To experience nothingness is to experience nothing. If it is nothing, it cannot be 'purity, peace, oneness and truth', because by definition those are things, and nothing is no-thing. Nothing cannot be the source of things, because things are, and nothing isn't. You can't be at one with nothingness because it isn't a thing. If you find your true self in nothingness you must not be a thing. You must be nothing.

^ That was fun.

Nothing is the space through which everything moves. That I am, is meaningless; that I move through your space, revealed. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-05-2013, 05:18 PM
(04-05-2013 02:15 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  God is formless nothingness free from the boundaries and constraints of mind/ego. Nothingness can not be explained or understood with logic it must be experienced. Nothingness is ultimate purity, peace, oneness and Truth, boundless and free it is the source of everything. To be at one with nothingness is to know your true self.

And...

Mind altering drugs induce a state of formless 'nothingness', free from the boundaries and constraints of mind/ego.

This 'nothingness' can not be explained or understood with logic it must be experienced.

Hallucinogens can lead to feelings of ultimate purity, peace, oneness and 'truth', boundless and free.

To step beyond the mundane
to experience the super natural
to journey to this undiscover’d country
and return again safely
is
to know your true self.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
04-05-2013, 05:26 PM
(04-05-2013 04:56 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  Nothingness can't be experienced because it is nothing. To experience nothingness is to experience nothing. If it is nothing, it cannot be 'purity, peace, oneness and truth', because by definition those are things, and nothing is no-thing. Nothing cannot be the source of things, because things are, and nothing isn't. You can't be at one with nothingness because it isn't a thing. If you find your true self in nothingness you must not be a thing. You must be nothing.

^ That was fun.

That was nothing short of something! Thumbsup

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
04-05-2013, 05:44 PM
(04-05-2013 02:15 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  God is formless nothingness free from the boundaries and constraints of mind/ego. Nothingness can not be explained or understood with logic it must be experienced. Nothingness is ultimate purity, peace, oneness and Truth, boundless and free it is the source of everything. To be at one with nothingness is to know your true self.

I read this post with mild interest
Nothing more, nothing less.
But aimless drivel I abhor
Surely this is naught but jest,
Nothing less, nothing more.

[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
04-05-2013, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 06:11 PM by TheGulegon.)
God Is Dodgy
Therefore I Am......Consider
HIM Lecture_preist

*voice of Samuel L Jackson* Bow before me muthufuckuhs, BOW

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
04-05-2013, 06:29 PM

Great. Then why name it god ?
So you're saying you're a "nothing" ?
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
05-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Think he's a drive by asshole Dodgy You'd think the least they could do was come back and read up on exactly what sort of idiot they've been classified as.
05-05-2013, 12:46 AM
Argue that with this guy..
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid303444

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post