God is

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2013, 01:28 AM
RE: God is
(05-05-2013 12:46 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  Argue that with this guy..
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid303444

Thanks for the free plug?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
05-05-2013, 02:02 AM
(04-05-2013 04:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  WHERE the fuck do these clowns come from? I'm sorry. I've lost the plot here. Is there some church somewhere who've decided that we heathens all need Jesus ? It's more than one bonehead per day now.

Hi moron, there seems to be a lot of anger and aggression in atheism, I wonder sometimes if some atheists are people that have called on the god of religion in a time of great need and been let down?
05-05-2013, 02:20 AM
What you might perceive as aggression is probably simply frustrated exasperation. Theists come on an atheist forum to announce their god and or religion or belief - whatever - and when it's happened literally for at least the ninetieth time in a month... it just gets tiresome.

People take different roads to fulfillment and happiness. Just because someone isn't on your road does not mean they are lost... it just means they have a different idea of where they are going... they walk their own road. Leave them be.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
05-05-2013, 02:24 AM
(05-05-2013 02:02 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 04:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  WHERE the fuck do these clowns come from? I'm sorry. I've lost the plot here. Is there some church somewhere who've decided that we heathens all need Jesus ? It's more than one bonehead per day now.

Hi moron, there seems to be a lot of anger and aggression in atheism, I wonder sometimes if some atheists are people that have called on the god of religion in a time of great need and been let down?

You call that anger and aggression?

No, what atheists seem to feel is not anger (though some of us do feel it with good reason). It's frustration.

Theists seem to make it their life duty to convert those around them to their creed. Naturally they don't have a tendency to leave well enough alone and come to our homes, our workplaces, meeting grounds and attempt unendingly to convert us to whatever stupid little sect they represent. And for all the differences in their sects and deities they all use the same hack-kneed arguments.

You’re right; some of us have been 'burned' in a manner of speaking by deities and the religions which represent them. I for one have not, I personally would bear no malice toward religions if they did not seek to quell curiosity and scientific advance and left children to develop mentally without being indoctrinated into a belief for which no credible evidence exists.

Some theists are not the complete douches I have portrayed in the above paragraphs, I recognize this, but it is almost as if they are the minority among religions. We have some of those good guys here. Crazy though they may be.

[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
05-05-2013, 02:24 AM
(05-05-2013 02:02 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  

Nah, it's just that we've had more than a few of you twits coming through recently and it gets a bit wearing ya know.

Edit: nice replying ladies and gents. I thought I was among the first but it seems I was the last. JC got it right. who knew Tongue
05-05-2013, 02:29 AM
(05-05-2013 02:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I personally would bear no malice toward religions if they did not seek to quell curiosity and scientific advance and left children to develop mentally without being indoctrinated into a belief for which no credible evidence exists.

Then it wouldn't be religion now, would it ? Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
05-05-2013, 02:37 AM
(05-05-2013 02:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 02:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I personally would bear no malice toward religions if they did not seek to quell curiosity and scientific advance and left children to develop mentally without being indoctrinated into a belief for which no credible evidence exists.

Then it wouldn't be religion now, would it ? Drinking Beverage

Touché my friend. Touché indeed.

05-05-2013, 06:45 AM
(05-05-2013 02:02 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  there seems to be a lot of anger and aggression in atheism

yeah, when there's theists around. See the problem you're gonna have, being a theist? Angel

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-05-2013, 09:34 AM
(04-05-2013 02:15 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  God is formless nothingness free from the boundaries and constraints of mind/ego. Nothingness can not be explained or understood with logic it must be experienced. Nothingness is ultimate purity, peace, oneness and Truth, boundless and free it is the source of everything. To be at one with nothingness is to know your true self.

The second you said "God is...", "nothingness" could not be the ending to the statement. Simply being makes any possible god at least something.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
01-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Anyone else notice how easy it is to discern the atheists from the theists by just looking at their usernames? I mean look: theword, Tellmetruth, etc. They all seem to be under the impression that they are in some way enlightened. Then again, they could all be one troll who made multiple accounts.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]