God just Changed His Mind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2015, 04:42 AM
Video God just Changed His Mind
The transition from the vengeful god of the old testament, to sweet, cuddly Jesus Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLZcviS1foU
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mage The Entertainer's post
02-04-2015, 05:33 AM
RE: God just Changed His Mind
I can't tell you how many times I've seen fundamentalists read the NT backward into the OT, claiming the Gospel was there "all along". You particularly see this with the KJV Bible (which is something that I think Baptists will only use): they translate a bunch of different words into "hell" to give a more consistent narrative. These ones are just off the top of my head:
  • Sheol
  • Gehenna
  • Tartarus
  • Hades
  • Hinnom
So, they'll just say he didn't change his mind, and this was all part of the plan all along.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
02-04-2015, 07:13 AM
RE: God just Changed His Mind
(02-04-2015 05:33 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I can't tell you how many times I've seen fundamentalists read the NT backward into the OT, claiming the Gospel was there "all along". You particularly see this with the KJV Bible (which is something that I think Baptists will only use): they translate a bunch of different words into "hell" to give a more consistent narrative. These ones are just off the top of my head:
  • Sheol
  • Gehenna
  • Tartarus
  • Hades
  • Hinnom
So, they'll just say he didn't change his mind, and this was all part of the plan all along.

I didn't realize just how ridiculous this back-fitting got until I saw Q talking about "type and shadow". One of the most disingenuous and asinine things I've seen in goofy mental acrobatics.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition