God just started worshipping me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2010, 01:13 PM
God just started worshipping me.
My PC is 8 years old, has lived the whole time in a house with 7 computer illiterate people, 5 of which are under 16. The PC has only 30% of the original housing, it has been thrown out of a window, stomped on, dismantled by a curious 12 year old, sat in floodwater for 6 hours and being vibrated and thrown around in an earthquake. The power button has been destroyed, a small section of the motherboard has fallen to a virus (which is contained there), the hard drive has been wiped by virus attack 3 times and by stupidity 8 times.

This PC has never had any new parts added or professionally prepared (unless you count my professional artist skills being used to glue on of the RAM cards into a broken ram slot xD)
This PC is still alive and I am using it now.

Cool Heart

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2010, 02:07 PM
RE: God just started worshipping me.
Old stuff is usually very strong when compared to new stuff. An example: Nokia 3310 phones. In middle school people play 'hockey' with them 'cause they won't break. You can't do that with new phones, drop one from a couple of meters and you gotta get a new one or repair it somehow... That's why I prefer old phones, and they're also easier to use.

But your computer... I'd call its survival a miracle. Wanna play hockey?Wink

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
06-11-2010, 02:39 PM

I would hug that computer, since it clearly has a steadfast will to live.
No, I'm not kidding.
Older very often does seem better than the new stuff. However, that's probably because new stuff is made to be replaced so that those businesses that manufacturer, can remain in the business of manufacturing.
If it lasts, they don't stand to make as much money on replacements.
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2010, 04:12 PM

being a computer tech i can say LOL!!!! computers in today's time would i think shit out after any ONE of those instances.
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2010, 04:50 PM
I also forgot to edit in that I'd just recovered the PC after a power surge knocked out a section of the motherboard and fried half of the power supply circuits.

Really I think this PC is hiding a soul in itself someplace xDDD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]
07-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Let us all hope that Hitch has that tenactity to live