God killed my child

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2012, 07:23 PM
God killed my child
Well, the christian god killed my child thirty some years ago and killed my grandchild last week. Two miscarriages, two supposed souls aborted by a god that people still call loving and caring. Before someone belabours the old "He's mad at god" crap, I am mad at those that think it is perfectly okay to create and worship that creation as a loving and just being.

I read somewhere that over 50 percent of fertilized eggs fail to attach themselves to the uteren wall. If I had a failure rate of 50 percent in any of the jobs I had, I would have been let go at once.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jimmygun's post
20-02-2012, 07:30 PM
RE: God killed my child
There's a mistake within the work analogy. You would have been let go, but would the owner of the company?

As owner god would be exempt from any kind of punishment other than failure of the company and financial loss. However if we switch the company reference for country instead, we have a hope of chopping off some fucking heads. I am down for that.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-02-2012, 07:37 PM
First off please allow me to extend my condolences for your losses. I can only imagine the immense sadness you must be feeling.

I think some people have a hard time understanding why certain things happen when everything seemed to have been going along so well so they use the ol' "It was God's will" baloney to try and explain it.
This is why, in part,deities are created because for some it easier to claim it was all part of some "mysterious" and "unknowable" plan than it is to accept that..well..sometimes the unforeseen and unanticipated happen and it has nothing to do with predeterminations, punishments or anything.

Anyways..it wasn't the will of any invented sky daddy or suchwhat. Sometimes things don't go according to what doctors anticipate.

Anyways..I probably just sounded pretty stupid but..well...I'm sorry for your loss

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
21-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Oh snap.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
21-02-2012, 03:04 AM
(20-02-2012 07:30 PM)lucradis Wrote:  There's a mistake within the work analogy. You would have been let go, but would the owner of the company?

As owner god would be exempt from any kind of punishment other than failure of the company and financial loss. However if we switch the company reference for country instead, we have a hope of chopping off some fucking heads. I am down for that.

I took the analogy to meant that he is not worthy of praise, just as she wouldn't be if she failed that miserably at her job. Just as she is let go from her job, the people should let go of their praise of god.
21-02-2012, 03:59 AM
I was trying to think of something witty about "mysterious ways" and "testing your faith" but honestly I'm getting jaded by it all.

Sincere condolences for your loss, sir. My thoughts are with you.
21-02-2012, 08:56 AM

(20-02-2012 07:23 PM)jimmygun Wrote:  Well, the christian god killed my child thirty some years ago and killed my grandchild last week. Two miscarriages, two supposed souls aborted by a god that people still call loving and caring. Before someone belabours the old "He's mad at god" crap, I am mad at those that think it is perfectly okay to create and worship that creation as a loving and just being.

I read somewhere that over 50 percent of fertilized eggs fail to attach themselves to the uteren wall. If I had a failure rate of 50 percent in any of the jobs I had, I would have been let go at once.

So you believe in God?

Well, here's something you better get your head around, and I don't give a damn about all the sympathy crap. You wouldn't have drug out the miscarriages in a public forum to make your philosophical point if you were that sensitive in the first place. So, I'll use your miscarriages to make my point as well.

Everything is God's. None of it is yours. Obviously He only wanted those beings to exist for that time in-utero. What do you know of His plans for any life? You think you're going to raise your fist to God? You need to go check yourself.
Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Thats right EGOR, he only wanted certain people here for a short time, so he decided to let this girl get raped in murdered in her bed. WARNING this photo is not for the faint of heart: http://vanessawest.tripod.com/bundybowman3.jpg
21-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Although, in the spirit of secular tolerance, I have no objection to Egor inventing a new religion (heck, snake-oil salesmen have been around for eons), I feel that it is no coincidence that his new religion is an anagram of...
Acrid vein!
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-02-2012, 09:15 AM

(21-02-2012 08:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 07:23 PM)jimmygun Wrote:  Well, the christian god killed my child thirty some years ago and killed my grandchild last week. Two miscarriages, two supposed souls aborted by a god that people still call loving and caring. Before someone belabours the old "He's mad at god" crap, I am mad at those that think it is perfectly okay to create and worship that creation as a loving and just being.

So you believe in God?

Well, here's something you better get your head around, and I don't give a damn about all the sympathy crap. You wouldn't have drug out the miscarriages in a public forum to make your philosophical point if you were that sensitive in the first place. So, I'll use your miscarriages to make my point as well.

Everything is God's. None of it is yours. Obviously He only wanted those beings to exist for that time in-utero. What do you know of His plans for any life? You think you're going to raise your fist to God? You need to go check yourself.

Ego,
Your novelty has worn off and your simple dickeheadedness is astounding.
I'd like to suggest you go play elsewhere, or maybe the Mod's consider him a problem and give him a pink slip.
If your "Flavor of God of the Day" is so freaking powerful, why does he have you defending him and his actions?

You are an asshole just to be an ass. There is no thought behind your statements. You are just a jerk.
D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Denicio's post