God killed my child

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2012, 01:56 PM
RE: God killed my child
(23-02-2012 10:20 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
Quote:Like I said if she was so bothered about it, she wouldn't use it to make cheap gains in a public forum.

I actually agree with this. If I was truly upset about the loss of a child or a miscarriage I wouldn't be so crass about it. OP's post clearly indicates that he doesn't believe in God and is pretending to be upset about the child in order to antagonize any theists that might be around. Egor is a total douche but OP is no saint IMO.

I guess I have to keep restating my position. I am upset by the ghoulish chickenshit bullies that hide behind a fictitious god and berate the vulnerable at their most vulnerable. Does anyone here not understand the devistating effects of telling a woman that she is to blame for the loss of her child? Am I the only one to see the harm piled upon hurt that this bullying does? I am not pretending to be upset about the loss of a child. I am sincerely trying to chastise those that think their religion gives them the right to condemn someone while taking no responsibility for the harm they do. "Its not me saying you are responsible, its my god, the god whom I worship and call perfect in his love and caring. Don't blame me!"

Again, the word chickenshit fits this type of behaviour to a T.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like jimmygun's post
23-02-2012, 04:27 PM

(22-02-2012 01:03 PM)jimmygun Wrote:  Egor,

I am a 64 year old grandfather in not so great health. I would give you that you could and probably would kick my ass. But, if you tried your bullying chickenshit tactics on my wife or daughter you would have to go through me first. I have stood up to bullies like yourself all my life. Your threats are hollow to me.

I stand directly in line, fending off ghouls like you to protect those that I love and those that are vulnerable.

I haven't bullied you. I haven't called you names from behind the protection of the internet, knowing full well that my health would prevent me from backing up those insults. And I don't know who would win in a fight between us. You could shoot me. Game over. One thing I do know is I'm not some ghoul who's going to bully your family.

So don't act like I'm someone to be feared. I take care of people in ill health. And I have to take back what I said: For all I know, you very well might stand right there in my face or sit there in your wheelchair or whatever and scream "chickenshit" at me all day long like some old geezer who doesn't know any better.

Yes, I'm absolutely sure of it now.
(23-02-2012 01:56 PM)jimmygun Wrote:  I guess I have to keep restating my position. I am upset by the ghoulish chickenshit bullies that hide behind a fictitious god and berate the vulnerable at their most vulnerable. Does anyone here not understand the devistating effects of telling a woman that she is to blame for the loss of her child? Am I the only one to see the harm piled upon hurt that this bullying does? I am not pretending to be upset about the loss of a child. I am sincerely trying to chastise those that think their religion gives them the right to condemn someone while taking no responsibility for the harm they do. "Its not me saying you are responsible, its my god, the god whom I worship and call perfect in his love and caring. Don't blame me!"

Again, the word chickenshit fits this type of behaviour to a T.

Excuse me. Are you saying that someone said your daughter or your wife lost their child because they were sinful or something like that?

I don't think you're going to find many Christians who think that way, and you damn sure won't find a Veridican who thinks that way.
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2012, 05:17 PM
(23-02-2012 04:27 PM)Egor Wrote:  Excuse me. Are you saying that someone said your daughter or your wife lost their child because they were sinful or something like that?

I don't think you're going to find many Christians who think that way, and you damn sure won't find a Veridican who thinks that way.

Rick 'Frothy' Santorum thinks that way.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
23-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Don't worry Jimmy I think we've known a lot of what you're saying the whole time. We justn for a secondn were unsure whether you actually were calling out someone to argue or not. I'm completely with you, but if someone like Egor piped in when I'm talking about something like this I'd have him quashed immediately or leave. You've been helping in continuously bringin him back.

It's how horribly offensive the man is being and that you're addressing him. Some people are just wondering why the topic doesn't get back to something helpful. But it seems you're feeling good about telling him off, and this is your thread so have at it.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
23-02-2012, 06:45 PM

(23-02-2012 06:20 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  people are just wondering why the topic doesn't get back to something helpful.

Helpful? The guy as much as admitted he doesn't give a damn about the kid, but just wanted to bait a theist. For my sins, it seems he's succeeded.

I called it all the way back. I called it when I was being PM'd by the Admin. Anyone who would do this kind of post is truly demented, and I knew it's what it was, and I hate that particular tactic:

"My wife just got mutilated by a woodchipper. God is an asshole and I don't believe in him, but I'll never submit to such an inhuman monster!"

Then I reply, "Go fuck yourself." Because I know the tactic, because I've been seeing it used for 18 years, and it's the lowest form of debate cowardice.

But then I'm ganged up on and called a sick demonic asshole.

And yet, I was right.
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2012, 06:54 PM
More ACRID VEIN
23-02-2012, 08:33 PM
You weren't completely right, he's just stating how obvious you're making his statements. You've proven why he's mad.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
24-02-2012, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 03:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-02-2012 01:03 PM)jimmygun Wrote:  Egor,

I am a 64 year old grandfather in not so great health. I would give you that you could and probably would kick my ass.

(23-02-2012 04:27 PM)Egor Wrote:  And I don't know who would win in a fight between us. You could shoot me. Game over.

So you realize a 64 yo grampa might have a 12-gauge (I know this 49 yo grampa has one) and is just teasing you to come a little closer until you're in double-aught range. You're a smart chickenshit at least.

Oh, and my wife and daughter got 20-gauges in the unlikely event you get past me.
[Image: mossberg.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.