God left this place a long time ago

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2013, 04:31 PM
God left this place a long time ago
Taken from a quote from Blood Diamond, "Sometimes I wonder, will God ever forgive us for what we've done to each other. Then I look around and I realize, God left this place a long time ago."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx_wyO2uGK8

Why does no one ever suggest that God is real, but he moved on in disappointment? Let's say the things in the Bible ARE true, but that after the Jesus thing, we still didn't change and so God abandoned us? He obviously doesn't interact with humans anymore like he did in the Bible. So where is he?

I've always thought it strange that a limitless, all-powerful being would make one race of flawed beings and that's it. Would he not make several species across different galaxies just because he can? A chef doesn't spend years trying to fix a cake he fucked up, he starts over with a new cake, and then does it again and again. Maybe God does exist, but he's over in a different galaxy playing with the creatures he created that are behaving much better than we are. We are the red headed stepchildren and God is off having Christmas with the family he actually enjoys spending time with.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
30-03-2013, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2013 05:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: God left this place a long time ago
Think it played the old suicide bomber card going on some 14 billion years ago now out of sheer fucking boredom. We're just fucking shrapnel. Big Grin

This is not my signature.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-03-2013, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2013 04:54 PM by Full Circle.)
Ray Bradbury has short story like that, will have to go and find it, I think it was titled "The Stranger" but not 100%.

***** "The Man" short story found in his compilation The Illustrated Man!

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
30-03-2013, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:46 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
30-03-2013, 05:36 PM
(30-03-2013 04:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Think it played the old suicide bomber card going on some 14 billion years now out of sheer fucking boredom. We're just fucking shrapnel. Big Grin

Never thought of that before either. A being such as a god wouldn't just die. It would have to expel all it's powerful energy outward in an awesome Hollywood explosion. We are pieces of a god.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
30-03-2013, 06:29 PM
(30-03-2013 05:36 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(30-03-2013 04:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Think it played the old suicide bomber card going on some 14 billion years now out of sheer fucking boredom. We're just fucking shrapnel. Big Grin
lo

Never thought of that before either. A being such as a god wouldn't just die. It would have to expel all it's powerful energy outward in an awesome Hollywood explosion. We are pieces of a god.

I smell a new religion here, where's egor?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
30-03-2013, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2013 07:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-03-2013 06:29 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(30-03-2013 05:36 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  lo

I smell a new religion here, where's egor?

Don't blame Girly, I'm just a lowly computer scientist. Blame the goddam physicists, they're always the troublemakers stirring shit up. Big Grin

(30-03-2013 04:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Ray Bradbury has short story like that, will have to go and find it, I think it was titled "The Stranger" but not 100%.

Dunno why I hadn't read that before, but I have now. Thanks Circumference. Thumbsup

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-03-2013, 07:50 PM
(30-03-2013 06:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-03-2013 04:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Ray Bradbury has short story like that, will have to go and find it, I think it was titled "The Stranger" but not 100%.

Dunno why I hadn't read that before, but I have now. Thanks Circumference. Thumbsup

Happy to hear it. I first read that book twenty-five years ago, brilliant writer with an incredible imagination.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption