"God" made him blind & autistic so "God" could show off...or something...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2014, 07:52 AM
RE: "God" made him blind & autistic so "God" could show off...or something...
(02-02-2014 07:50 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  This reminded me of one of Mark Twain’s observations after a soldier lost his leg in the war and the man claimed it was a miracle that his life was spared.

I'm paraphrasing here:
"Why wouldn’t God simply have the bullet miss him altogether instead of just deflecting it enough to cause amputation? I mean if God is going to go through all the trouble of interfering why not spare the man in total?"

Similar to making the kid blind and autistic but giving him a nice singing voice...FFS

Cause then he wouldn't be thanking that much. People seem to be more thankful for surviving something instead of something not occurring at all. So you got to kick the living shit out of people once in a while to keep em praising you. He is a psychologist you kno.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2014, 07:55 AM
I'm rather disgusted by this. They've got the kid on display like one of those old Timey Victorian freak show. I threw up in my mouth a little.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post
02-02-2014, 09:26 AM
(02-02-2014 07:55 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I'm rather disgusted by this. They've got the kid on display like one of those old Timey Victorian freak show. I threw up in my mouth a little.
Exactly.. its like Its Honey boo boo or something.. exploiting a disabled kid for money is disgusting.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 2 users Like IndianAtheist's post
02-02-2014, 09:27 AM
If God really wanted to show off, you'd think he could give the kid an advantage instead of a disability.

The kid's happier, God genuinely looks nice by normal standards, and he gets some proof going. It works all around.

But instead he goes with this. Every time.

God is stupid.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
02-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Showing off is a sign of egotism. Consider

I thought God was supposed to be perfect. Ohmy

Idiots. Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
02-02-2014, 12:24 PM
(02-02-2014 03:05 AM)JAH Wrote:  Hey don't be so negative the kid has a sweet voice no matter the content of the song.

That's why I made a point of saying, I didn't post this about the kid, but about the comments the Christians made. This is in no way to be negative about the little boy. It's only about Christian's responses to his condition.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
02-02-2014, 01:31 PM
"God" did not want this woman to hear, so he had her born deaf. But scientist care more about her than "God" does, so they made it so that she could hear.

Scientist were willing to do what "God" refused to, because scientist have better morals than "God".

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
02-02-2014, 02:34 PM
(01-02-2014 11:43 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Apparently "God" made this kid blind, and gave him autism, so that "God" could show off how well he can make a blind, autistic kid sing...or something...Dodgy...I don't know...but apparently Christians really like this stuff.

Watch the video, and most importantly, read the comments, and you'll see what I mean.

http://faithtap.com/469/blind-autistic-boy-sings/#t

I could go look this up to find out what every thinks this means or I can just speculate. Since my time is short I'll just speculate.

John 9:2-3

In ancient times when someone was born blind they often believed it was the person or the parent that had sinned which caused the problem. So essentially people believe the sin was caused by merit.

If you merit yourself in to sin, then it would seem logical that you should merit your way out of it. So these people were looked down upon. They had little to no societal value.

However, when Jesus was asked this question he deflected the issue and made it about God greatness, not about the persons sin. Therefore, it wasn't "their" fault they were in this circumstance and that people in this condition could have hope to see the Glory of God shown through them. Thus, now, they were no longer looked down upon, but where a source of inspiration.

You can see similar ancient logic int he book of Job. All of jobs friends thought his problems were caused by his sin.
02-02-2014, 02:42 PM
(02-02-2014 02:34 PM)anidominus Wrote:  I could go look this up to find out what every thinks this means or I can just speculate. Since my time is short I'll just speculate.

John 9:2-3

In ancient times when someone was born blind they often believed it was the person or the parent that had sinned which caused the problem. So essentially people believe the sin was caused by merit.

If you merit yourself in to sin, then it would seem logical that you should merit your way out of it. So these people were looked down upon. They had little to no societal value.

However, when Jesus was asked this question he deflected the issue and made it about God greatness, not about the persons sin. Therefore, it wasn't "their" fault they were in this circumstance and that people in this condition could have hope to see the Glory of God shown through them. Thus, now, they were no longer looked down upon, but where a source of inspiration.

You can see similar ancient logic int he book of Job. All of jobs friends thought his problems were caused by his sin.

What in the fuck did what you just wrote have, a goddamned thing, to do with any fucking thing?

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
02-02-2014, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2014 05:17 PM by Alla.)
(01-02-2014 11:43 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Apparently "God" made this kid blind, and gave him autism, so that "God" could show off how well he can make a blind, autistic kid sing...or something...Dodgy...I don't know...but apparently Christians really like this stuff.

Watch the video, and most importantly, read the comments, and you'll see what I mean.

http://faithtap.com/469/blind-autistic-boy-sings/#t
God didn't make him. God made only 2 humans for this Earth - Adam and Eve. They were perfect. Then Adam and Eve chose to live in the world where all kind of bad things can happen, including NATURAL things

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection