"God" made him blind & autistic so "God" could show off...or something...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 11:15 AM
RE: "God" made him blind & autistic so "God" could show off...or something...
(02-02-2014 05:22 PM)Crulax Wrote:  So Jonas Salk who discovered and developed the first polio vaccine has to give credit to "God" for his achievement!
it is scientist's achievement and personal progress thanks to Adam who chose this world and thanks to God Who let Adam to make this choice.

Fuck You!

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
03-02-2014, 11:17 AM
(02-02-2014 05:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  How much more progress would mankind have made in other areas if so much time and research didn't have to be spent on dealing with diseases and disabilities - you know, those things that you believe your god allows and could get rid of, but doesn't because he wants us to... progress. Drinking Beverage
like what? please list those areas. I asked Indian Atheist his answer was: "I don't know".
I actually totally agree with his answer. So now I am asking you.

03-02-2014, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 11:46 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
(03-02-2014 11:12 AM)Alla Wrote:  It was my response to your made up stuff that God created this boy.
I didn't make it up. Christians did. I'm simply commenting on the made up thing that Christians made up, not claiming it or making it up myself.

(03-02-2014 11:12 AM)Alla Wrote:  According to Genesis God created physical bodies only for 2 people - Adam and Eve. The rest(physical bodies of others) is the creation of this world which was Adam's choice.
That's all more made up Christian stuff too. None of that actually happened in reality.

It doesn't really matter if you make up "God", then make up that "God" created this boy, versus having the made up "God" creating two people who eventually led to this boy being born, and the made up "God" simply set it in motion, but then was hands off on this one kid.

It doesn't really matter what made up things you make up, to explain the other made up things if they are all simply made up in the first place. Made up answers don't answer anything except made up questions.

I'll give you an example of what I mean.
Question: "What color is a Zepfalax?"
First Answer: "Blue with dark gray strips."
Disagreeing answer: "Wrong! A Zepfalax is actually blue with dark NAVY BLUE strips, that only appear to be dark grey in certain light, but are in fact navy blue."

In this case an answer is provided, and it can be argued which is more accurate. But The Zepfalax itself is made up, there for its color is made up, therefore the answers are made up, therefore meaningless.

[note: your "god" is the Zepfalax in this analogy]

03-02-2014, 11:45 AM
If I don't believe in Zepfalax I don't even want to comment what believers in him say. Why do you want to do this?

03-02-2014, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 12:07 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(03-02-2014 11:45 AM)Alla Wrote:  If I don't believe in Zepfalax I don't even want to comment what believers in him say. Why do you want to do this?

Exactly my point!!

It's an analogy for belief in "God".

The point is about belief or lack of belief in a thing and whether a discussion about a thing you don't belief in can have any meaning or not.

You do understand, because you do understand the concept when applied to the Zepfalax when you wrote, "If I don't believe in Zepfalax I don't even want to comment what believers in him say."

If you keep that same thought in mind and switch "Zepfalax" for "God", then you would understand, for us who did not believe in "God", how meaningless it is "what believers in him say".

This is what I would respond to you, "If I don't believe in God I don't even want to comment what believers in him say. Why do you want to keep telling me about him?"

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
03-02-2014, 12:10 PM
(03-02-2014 12:04 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 11:45 AM)Alla Wrote:  If I don't believe in Zepfalax I don't even want to comment what believers in him say. Why do you want to do this?

Exactly my point!!

It's an analogy for belief in "God".

The point is about belief or lack of belief in a thing and whether a discussion about a thing you don't belief in can have any meaning or not.

You do understand, because you do understand the concept when applied to the Zepfalax when you wrote, "If I don't believe in Zepfalax I don't even want to comment what believers in him say."

If you keep that same thought in mind and switch "Zepfalax" for "God", then you would understand, for us who did not believe in "God", how meaningless it is "what believers in him say".

This is what I would respond to you, "If I don't believe in God I don't even want to comment what believers in him say. Why do you want to keep telling me about him?"
Good question. I want to talk to you about him because I believe. But you should just ignore me. Why don't you ignore me? Just want to know.

03-02-2014, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 01:22 PM by Full Circle.)
(03-02-2014 12:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  Good question. I want to talk to you about him because I believe. But you should just ignore me. Why don't you ignore me? Just want to know.

It would be infinitely easier to ignore you if you stopped posting.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
03-02-2014, 01:19 PM
(03-02-2014 11:17 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-02-2014 05:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  How much more progress would mankind have made in other areas if so much time and research didn't have to be spent on dealing with diseases and disabilities - you know, those things that you believe your god allows and could get rid of, but doesn't because he wants us to... progress. Drinking Beverage
like what? please list those areas. I asked Indian Atheist his answer was: "I don't know".
I actually totally agree with his answer. So now I am asking you.
Is your imagination really that limited? Rolleyes

ANY area. Geology, paleontology, astronomy, physics, psychology, ecology, oceanography, engineering ... any area that current medical practitioners and researchers might have alternatively gotten involved with if diseases and disabilities didn't exist. Not to mention all the additional achievements that sick and disabled people might have contributed if they weren't so busy battling and dying from their ailments.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
03-02-2014, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 01:37 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(03-02-2014 12:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  Good question. I want to talk to you about him because I believe. But you should just ignore me. Why don't you ignore me? Just want to know.

Because it's hard to ignore a burning train wreck... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-02-2014, 03:05 PM
(03-02-2014 12:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  But you should just ignore me. Why don't you ignore me? Just want to know.
You came here, I did not come to you.

(03-02-2014 12:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  Good question. I want to talk to you about him because I believe.
That’s fine, but just understand every time you say something about “God”, to us it sounds they same way it would sound to you if I told you about the Zepfalax. Unless and until I could prove, or provide reasonable evidence to you to believe that the Zepfalax exist, nothing I say about him is going to be meaningful. It’s the same thing with you telling us about “God”.