"God may not have a wonderful plan for your life"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2013, 10:40 PM
"God may not have a wonderful plan for your life"
A blog post shared on Facebook.

http://yourmomhasablog.com/2013/11/09/go...your-life/

Yet another way Christians are trying to justify the existence of god in a life where pain and suffering exist.

Some excerpts:
"He sees, He cares, He knows, and, yes, His will reigns supreme. This world is broken. We are broken people. God told us this would be so. He never promised a wonderful life. In fact, He promised hardship. Jesus said the poor will be blessed. But, He didn’t say He would end poverty. He said those who mourn will be comforted. But, He never promised that mourning wouldn’t be part of our lives.

Here’s the truth of the matter: If you are a Christian, God has a wonderful plan for your eternity. Jesus promised that He is getting some pretty amazing (dare I say wonderful) stuff ready for you in Heaven. And, He is coming back to Earth to do a whole new wonderful thing someday.

Learn to be okay with that. Learn that God does what He does for reasons you can’t always see or understand. Learn to believe that God is good, even when the un-wonderful of life creeps in.

Even when the circumstances of life aren’t wonderful, our God still is."

Praise God! Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
16-12-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: "God may not have a wonderful plan for your life"
Perfect example of why/how there's no reasoning with someone who is so deeply entrenched/indoctrinated.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like QueenTit's post
16-12-2013, 10:46 PM
(16-12-2013 10:40 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  A blog post shared on Facebook.

Yet another way Christians are trying to justify the existence of god in a life where pain and suffering exist.

Some excerpts:
"He sees, He cares, He knows, and, yes, His will reigns supreme. This world is broken. We are broken people. God told us this would be so. He never promised a wonderful life. In fact, He promised hardship. Jesus said the poor will be blessed. But, He didn’t say He would end poverty. He said those who mourn will be comforted. But, He never promised that mourning wouldn’t be part of our lives.

Here’s the truth of the matter: If you are a Christian, God has a wonderful plan for your eternity. Jesus promised that He is getting some pretty amazing (dare I say wonderful) stuff ready for you in Heaven. And, He is coming back to Earth to do a whole new wonderful thing someday.

Learn to be okay with that. Learn that God does what He does for reasons you can’t always see or understand. Learn to believe that God is good, even when the un-wonderful of life creeps in.

Praise God! Dodgy

I hate the "It's a broken world." "It was different back then" excuses. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes thedudette's post
16-12-2013, 10:48 PM
It's frustrating. I really just don't understand how it can be his will to have people suffer.

It hurts my brain to try to understand, but I guess that's the point, we can't understand god's divine will! ...Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
16-12-2013, 10:56 PM
(16-12-2013 10:48 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  It's frustrating. I really just don't understand how it can be his will to have people suffer.

It hurts my brain to try to understand, but I guess that's the point, we can't understand god's divine will! ...Dodgy

If you don't have the bible goggles on then you will never understand.

Some people will do/say anything to keep their faith and still sound moral.
16-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Jebus DOES have a wonderful plan for your life.
Now please.
STOP screwing it up with your prayers.
Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-12-2013, 11:09 PM
If I was their god, I'd probably smite them.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

16-12-2013, 11:11 PM
(16-12-2013 10:48 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  It's frustrating. I really just don't understand how it can be his will to have people suffer.

Not just people suffering, but the entire animal kingdom. I'm sure we have all seen videos of an animal being eaten alive. How amazingly cruel to design an existence where having your own flesh ripped apart is just an ordinary occurrence.
Being eaten to death would have to be the ultimate torture, yet the loving Christian god has decided that sweet little bunnies and birdies deserve it.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
16-12-2013, 11:23 PM
(16-12-2013 10:40 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  A blog post shared on Facebook.

Some excerpts:

Praise God! Dodgy

Quote: Jesus promised that He is getting some pretty amazing (dare I say wonderful) stuff ready for you in Heaven. And, He is coming back to Earth to do a whole new wonderful thing someday.

I've got a brand new Rolls Royce in mint showroom condition with zero miles on the clock for sale. And I only want $20,000.00 for it!

If you're interested just send me a bank cheque to my home address and I'll send you the car immediately.

No, you can't take a look at it, even in a photo, nor do you get any promissory notes or guarantees that I will send it to you. You just have to trust that I even have a car! However this shouldn't be the slightest problem to a trusting soul like you. Laughat

Tell ya what, I'll throw in a 70 ft cabin cruiser (sleeps 20) with every modern convenience, luxury, facility, and piece of equipment you care to name, for free! Whaddya say??
17-12-2013, 12:46 AM
(16-12-2013 11:11 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  

Not just people suffering, but the entire animal kingdom. I'm sure we have all seen videos of an animal being eaten alive. How amazingly cruel to design an existence where having your own flesh ripped apart is just an ordinary occurrence.
Being eaten to death would have to be the ultimate torture, yet the loving Christian god has decided that sweet little bunnies and birdies deserve it.

Then there is the old folks like me. More helpless than a new born babe and unable to recognise their loved ones anymore because of their God given Alzheimer's disease. Helplessly shitting a pissing themselves in some state institution where the staff couldn't give a fuck about them and more often than not abuse, (sometimes sexually) starve, and beat them worse than they would any beast.

But not to worry, their stunningly wonderful heavenly reward is just as good as anyone else's. From what I understand it is to be in God's company and sing songs of praise to him for all fucking eternity!

Can you imagine? Choir master "Okay boys, let's sing "Washed In The Blood Of The Lamb" for the 7057th billionth time, only this time I want you pricks I mean phalli to put some feeling into it!!"
[+] 2 users Like The Misanthrope's post