"God may not have a wonderful plan for your life"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2013, 07:30 AM
RE: "God may not have a wonderful plan for your life"
Blessed are the children afflicted with Tay Sachs! Praise Jesus! He's getting some truly wonderful stuff ready for them in heaven, and they wouldn't appreciate it if they hadn't first been slowly rendered blind and paralyzed in a horrifyingly painful process. You can see God anywhere if you look for him!

(That almost physically hurt to write that.)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
17-12-2013, 12:42 PM
(16-12-2013 10:48 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  It's frustrating. I really just don't understand how it can be his will to have people suffer.

It hurts my brain to try to understand, but I guess that's the point, we can't understand god's divine will! ...Dodgy

The more we do not understand, the more it hurts our brain. And hurting is part of the plan.

This is maybe His way to remind us (well, most of us) that we have a brain that can hurt.

Ciao

- viole
17-12-2013, 02:22 PM
(17-12-2013 12:42 PM)viole Wrote:  
(16-12-2013 10:48 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  It's frustrating. I really just don't understand how it can be his will to have people suffer.

It hurts my brain to try to understand, but I guess that's the point, we can't understand god's divine will! ...Dodgy

The more we do not understand, the more it hurts our brain. And hurting is part of the plan.

This is maybe His way to remind us (well, most of us) that we have a brain that can hurt.

Ciao

- viole

I see. God is so intellectually limited he can't come up with a grand plan for humanity that doesn't include terrible and interminable pain. I suppose being a bit thick also precludes him from seeing that if he just humbly admitted his very ungodly shortcoming, and said he was doing his best to rectify it, he would garner a lot of human empathy and consequently win millions of sinners over to his side.
17-12-2013, 03:25 PM
If I told my son that I was building this great bedroom for him with all kinds of toys and games and the softest bed ever and then said, in the mean time, you're going to live in the dark basement with the rats and if you get hungry, just bash a rat and eat that.

I'll be back to check on you when the bedroom is done. My what a wonderful loving parent I am who cares so much.
I never promised him that life in the basement would be easy. I hear him scream all the time and I know that suffering is good for the soul.
I sure hope he loves me back because I would hate to have to throw him into the coal burning furnace.

So much love in my heart.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
17-12-2013, 10:41 PM
(17-12-2013 03:25 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If I told my son that I was building this great bedroom for him with all kinds of toys and games and the softest bed ever and then said, in the mean time, you're going to live in the dark basement with the rats and if you get hungry, just bash a rat and eat that.

I'll be back to check on you when the bedroom is done. My what a wonderful loving parent I am who cares so much.
I never promised him that life in the basement would be easy. I hear him scream all the time and I know that suffering is good for the soul.
I sure hope he loves me back because I would hate to have to throw him into the coal burning furnace.

Well that's horrifying.

And an excellent analogy.
17-12-2013, 10:57 PM
(17-12-2013 03:25 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If I told my son that I was building this great bedroom for him with all kinds of toys and games and the softest bed ever and then said, in the mean time, you're going to live in the dark basement with the rats and if you get hungry, just bash a rat and eat that.

That's... That's a very scary analogy. For a second there I almost believed in what you were saying. But then my brain thought about it and it would be completely stupid. Wait a second. That reminds me of something I know, another thing that's completely insane and stupid. Darn. I guess I lost it. It'll come to me soon or late.
18-12-2013, 02:43 AM
(16-12-2013 10:43 PM)QueenTit Wrote:  Perfect example of why/how there's no reasoning with someone who is so deeply entrenched/indoctrinated.

I'm still trying to deal with this. I know it's futile yet I still try to reason with them.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
18-12-2013, 03:02 AM
I dunno if it's truly futile, I like to be optimistic about it. I take a line from my Christian days: "just plant the seed" in this case, it is a seed of doubt rather than a seed of "godliness"