God needs rest? The devil is in the details.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2011, 03:32 PM

God needs rest? The devil is in the details.
Why did god need to rest?

He worked his ASS off on days 1-6, no doubt, but is he not a perfect all powerful being?

Wouldn’t rest imply that he needs something? That he is less than 100% after a few days of work so he needs to rest up?

Needing rest does not demonstrate All Powerfulness or Perfection to me….sounds quite fallible by any definition. Quite human, actually.

If he requires rest, then I also bet he can’t be trusted to properly turn in his TPS reports!

What say ye?
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
15-12-2011, 03:35 PM
RE: God needs rest? The devil is in the details.
Ummmmm... Yeah.

[Image: office-space.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
15-12-2011, 03:57 PM
The word shabath means to cease or to stop from labor. It's secondary meaning means literally to "rest". The original Hebrew was conveying a "ceasing of work".

Take a look at the literal translation.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
15-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Theist Answer:

God rested to set an example to us to keep the Sabbath holy. He didn't actually need rest.

As to why he couldn't just say, "Don't work on the Sabbath" ....shrugsies. Though when you think about it, just the fact that God is able to rest implies that he has energy. So setting an example or not, God expends energy when he moves around creating things.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
15-12-2011, 04:08 PM
(15-12-2011 03:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The word shabath means to cease or to stop from labor. It's secondary meaning means literally to "rest". The original Hebrew was conveying a "ceasing of work".

I'm sorry but your using the wrong book .. King James Version is the one and only true acceptable word of God... no translation needed..

Take a look at the true word of God as he has written. hehehe .... yeah yeah I know... I can hear your thoughts now KC.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
15-12-2011, 04:17 PM

(15-12-2011 04:05 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Though when you think about it, just the fact that God is able to rest implies that he has energy. So setting an example or not, God expends energy when he moves around creating things.

Not only rest...but WORKing expends energy. Guess thats where we get thunder, right?

Think KC has the Ebonics translation handy?

D
15-12-2011, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2011 04:35 PM by kingschosen.)
(15-12-2011 04:08 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(15-12-2011 03:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The word shabath means to cease or to stop from labor. It's secondary meaning means literally to "rest". The original Hebrew was conveying a "ceasing of work".

I'm sorry but your using the wrong book .. King James Version is the one and only true acceptable word of God... no translation needed..

Take a look at the true word of God as he has written. hehehe .... yeah yeah I know... I can hear your thoughts now KC.

lol

I used to be pro-KJV, but then I realized how much is lost in translation. Now, I stick with the NASB, DRA, and YLT.
(15-12-2011 04:17 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(15-12-2011 04:05 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Though when you think about it, just the fact that God is able to rest implies that he has energy. So setting an example or not, God expends energy when he moves around creating things.

Not only rest...but WORKing expends energy. Guess thats where we get thunder, right?

Think KC has the Ebonics translation handy?

D

Work means occupation or activities done.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
15-12-2011, 04:57 PM
That's not the way it went down. God told Moses ...and on the seventh day, me and my holy host of angels had a day of feasting and fucking; write that down... but Moses was a prude. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-12-2011, 05:01 PM

(15-12-2011 04:57 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That's not the way it went down. God told Moses ...and on the seventh day, me and my holy host of angels had a day of feasting and fucking; write that down... but Moses was a prude. Tongue

Woah there HOC. Sounds like the words to a favorite song of mine..but a great great band!

Wait for the chorus!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR0aPlCVjGM

FEFU!!!!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
15-12-2011, 05:11 PM
(15-12-2011 05:01 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(15-12-2011 04:57 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That's not the way it went down. God told Moses ...and on the seventh day, me and my holy host of angels had a day of feasting and fucking; write that down... but Moses was a prude. Tongue

Woah there HOC. Sounds like the words to a favorite song of mine..but a great great band!

Wait for the chorus!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR0aPlCVjGM

FEFU!!!!!!!

That's what I'm talking about. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user