God no God its a belief thing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2014, 07:08 PM
RE: God no God its a belief thing
Ah the humility argument.

I think I understand the world ergo I think I am god. Ok. Lets pretend I think I am a good authority on all science in ever field just for the sake of argument.

Thiest believe: They are the favored people amongst all other peoples, amongst all other animals amongst all other matter and planets and hundred of billions of galaxies in an nearly infinite cosmos. They are the chosen children of the most powerful conceivable being possible, who is destined to do battle with evil and live forever in paradise as a reword for serving the objective truth giver.

Athiest believe: We are small, fallible animals on small rock in a remote part of the universe who live for a very short period of time and then expire.

Yeah. I have an ego problem.

Athiest don't believe in a higher power... I don't know, tsunamis, earth quakes, volcanoes, gravity, the sun, galaxies, black holes, dark matter, those are all higher powers. I believe in those.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
19-05-2014, 07:10 PM
(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  I wanted to give my opinion on what a person believes as spiritual and atheist.
*on what a spiritual person and an atheist believes

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  Its really quit simple and there should not be such a debate surrounding it.
*It's
*quite

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  A religious or spiritual person looks at life and creation that it is bigger then themselves and states that there is a greater power then themselves and the mysteries of life are not able to be explained by the mind of mankind.
*than (x2)
*and that

Fixed.

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  Therefore they turn there worship to a higher power.
*their

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  An atheist looks at life and creation as being able to explained by the knowledge of mankind, and not only by mankind but by there own individual understanding.
*to be
*their

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  Atheist therefore are a God unto themselves they have professed what is ultimate reality for everyone.
*Atheists
*gods

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  By What or who created everything?
Fixed.

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  And by whos autority is this given?
*whose
*authority

Fixed.

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  An atheist will say, Nothing began creation, Nothing created everything, and by my authority I claim this as fact.
*say that
*nothing (x2)

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  A spiritual or religious person will answer: God was the beginning of everything, God created everything, and Its by Gods aurthority we believe this to be fact.
*it's
*God's
*authority

Fixed.

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  The difference is the worship of a higher power and surrendering to that higher power as having a greater mind then ours.
*than

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  Atheist believe in self worship, that they are the highest power and there is none greater.
*Atheists
*self-worship
*and that there is no one/nothing greater

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  And to show this is simple just ask an atheist how they know this or who told them there is no God.
Fixed.

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  they will reply I DID.
*They

| [Image: vG3fPew.gif][Image: vG3fPew.gif][Image: vG3fPew.gif][Image: vG3fPew.gif][Image: vG3fPew.gif][Image: vG3fPew.gif][Image: vG3fPew.gif] |

[Image: 0t82Piy.png]

| [Image: vG3fPew.gif][Image: vG3fPew.gif][Image: vG3fPew.gif][Image: vG3fPew.gif][Image: vG3fPew.gif][Image: vG3fPew.gif][Image: vG3fPew.gif] |

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 14 users Like Vosur's post
19-05-2014, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2014 07:27 PM by rampant.a.i..)
God no God its a belief thing
(19-05-2014 07:08 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Ah the humility argument.

I think I understand the world ergo I think I am god. Ok. Lets pretend I think I am a good authority on all science in ever field just for the sake of argument.

Thiest believe: They are the favored people amongst all other peoples, amongst all other animals amongst all other matter and planets and hundred of billions of galaxies in an nearly infinite cosmos. They are the chosen children of the most powerful conceivable being possible, who is destined to do battle with evil and live forever in paradise as a reword for serving the objective truth giver.

Funny how all medical science, general science, and every modern inventions doesn't come from this "objective truth giver," but you'll attribute it tho him anyway.

(19-05-2014 07:08 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Athiest believe: We are small, fallible animals on small rock in a remote part of the universe who live for a very short period of time and then expire.

Glad you can admit it.

(19-05-2014 07:08 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Athiest don't believe in a higher power... I don't know, tsunamis, earth quakes, volcanoes, gravity, the sun, galaxies, black holes, dark matter, those are all higher powers. I believe in those.

...You actually think atheists don't believe in
Quote:Athiest don't believe in a higher power... I don't know, tsunamis, earth quakes, volcanoes, gravity, the sun, galaxies, black holes, dark matter, those are all higher powers. I believe in those.

http://youtu.be/4CqLtbw0rlM

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
19-05-2014, 07:17 PM
It reads like a 6th or 7th Grader repeating word for word, what they were told in Sunday School or Bible Camp.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-05-2014, 07:17 PM
(19-05-2014 07:14 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 07:08 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Ah the humility argument.

Funny how all medical science, general science, and every modern inventions doesn't come from this "objective truth giver," but you'll attribute it tho him anyway.

(19-05-2014 07:08 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Athiest believe: We are small, fallible animals on small rock in a remote part of the universe who live for a very short period of time and then expire.

Glad you can admit it.

(19-05-2014 07:08 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Athiest don't believe in a higher power... I don't know, tsunamis, earth quakes, volcanoes, gravity, the sun, galaxies, black holes, dark matter, those are all higher powers. I believe in those.

...You actually think atheists don't believe in
Quote:Athiest don't believe in a higher power... I don't know, tsunamis, earth quakes, volcanoes, gravity, the sun, galaxies, black holes, dark matter, those are all higher powers. I believe in those.

I'm so confused Confused
19-05-2014, 07:19 PM
(19-05-2014 07:10 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  I wanted to give my opinion on what a person believes as spiritual and atheist.
*on what a spiritual person and an atheist believes

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  Its really quit simple and there should not be such a debate surrounding it.
*It's
*quite

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  A religious or spiritual person looks at life and creation that it is bigger then themselves and states that there is a greater power then themselves and the mysteries of life are not able to be explained by the mind of mankind.
*than (x2)
*and that

Fixed.

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  Therefore they turn there worship to a higher power.
*their

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  An atheist looks at life and creation as being able to explained by the knowledge of mankind, and not only by mankind but by there own individual understanding.
*to be
*their

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  Atheist therefore are a God unto themselves they have professed what is ultimate reality for everyone.
*Atheists
*gods

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  By What or who created everything?
Fixed.

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  And by whos autority is this given?
*whose
*authority

Fixed.

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  An atheist will say, Nothing began creation, Nothing created everything, and by my authority I claim this as fact.
*say that
*nothing (x2)

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  A spiritual or religious person will answer: God was the beginning of everything, God created everything, and Its by Gods aurthority we believe this to be fact.
*it's
*God's
*authority

Fixed.

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  The difference is the worship of a higher power and surrendering to that higher power as having a greater mind then ours.
*than

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  Atheist believe in self worship, that they are the highest power and there is none greater.
*Atheists
*self-worship
*and that there is no one/nothing greater

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  And to show this is simple just ask an atheist how they know this or who told them there is no God.
Fixed.

(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  they will reply I DID.
*They

[Image: 0t82Piy.png]

Thumbsup

Although...

[Image: Grammar-Nazi.jpg]

Popcorn

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
19-05-2014, 07:24 PM
(19-05-2014 07:19 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Thumbsup

Although...

[Image: Grammar-Nazi.jpg]

Popcorn
A few people have managed to spot spelling errors in my posts before, so I'm not too worried about that. Big Grin

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
19-05-2014, 08:05 PM
(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  I wanted to give my opinion on what a person believes as spiritual and atheist. Its really quit simple and there should not be such a debate surrounding it. A religious or spiritual person looks at life and creation that it is bigger then themselves and states that there is a greater power then themselves and the mysteries of life are not able to be explained by the mind of mankind. Therefore they turn there worship to a higher power. An atheist looks at life and creation as being able to explained by the knowledge of mankind, and not only by mankind but by there own individual understanding. Atheist therefore are a God unto themselves they have professed what is ultimate reality for everyone.
The 3 questions you ask. How did everything come into creation? By what or who created everything? And by whos autority is this given. An atheist will say, Nothing began creation, Nothing created everything, and by my authority I claim this as fact. A spiritual or religious person will answer. God was the beginning of everything, God created everything, and Its by Gods aurthority we believe this to be fact.
The difference is the worship of a higher power and surrendering to that higher power as having a greater mind then ours. Atheist believe in self worship, that they are the highest power and there is none greater. And to show this is simple just ask an atheist how they know this or who told them there is no God? they will reply I DID.

[Image: tumblr_lga4biC9MW1qc2e6a.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
19-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Strawman-like typing detected. Troll suspicion high.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
19-05-2014, 10:15 PM
[Image: pigeon2.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post