God no God its a belief thing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 12:55 PM
RE: God no God its a belief thing
(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  I wanted to give my opinion on what a person believes as spiritual and atheist. Its really quit simple and there should not be such a debate surrounding it. A religious or spiritual person looks at life and creation that it is bigger then themselves and states that there is a greater power then themselves and the mysteries of life are not able to be explained by the mind of mankind. Therefore they turn there worship to a higher power. An atheist looks at life and creation as being able to explained by the knowledge of mankind, and not only by mankind but by there own individual understanding. Atheist therefore are a God unto themselves they have professed what is ultimate reality for everyone.
The 3 questions you ask. How did everything come into creation? By what or who created everything? And by whos autority is this given. An atheist will say, Nothing began creation, Nothing created everything, and by my authority I claim this as fact. A spiritual or religious person will answer. God was the beginning of everything, God created everything, and Its by Gods aurthority we believe this to be fact.
The difference is the worship of a higher power and surrendering to that higher power as having a greater mind then ours. Atheist believe in self worship, that they are the highest power and there is none greater. And to show this is simple just ask an atheist how they know this or who told them there is no God? they will reply I DID.

If you want to go through life afraid of the responsibility to think for yourself and to trade in your most wonderful asset, your mind, in exchange for a pack of contradictions that is your right. If you want to place your ideal in another realm forever out of your reach and to accept that you are low, weak, powerless and evil by nature go ahead. I won't try to stop you. If you want to pretend to know things you don't know that is fine but don't expect me to join you and keep your mouth shut about it. I think you are pathetic.

Guess what. I don't know how the universe came to be or if it hasn't always been in some form or another and I am perfectly fine saying I don't know.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
24-05-2014, 08:04 AM
RE: God no God its a belief thing
(19-05-2014 06:20 PM)mchgroove Wrote:  Atheist believe in self worship, that they are the highest power and there is none greater. And to show this is simple just ask an atheist how they know this or who told them there is no God? they will reply I DID.

If you want to know more about Atheists you should ask questions, because it is clear you have been misinformed and probably by whatever misguided church you are apart of. I would come asking questions if you really want to know, but if your entire purpose is to drop off 1 single opinionated post and never be seen again then you can do that too, but it is a major waste of your time though.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply