God on trial

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-12-2011, 06:00 PM
God on trial
Not sure if this has ever been posted, I found it quite well done:

[/php]

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like sy2502's post
13-12-2011, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2011 08:36 PM by Erxomai.)
RE: God on trial
Wow. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
This is more powerful to me than any "bible bashing" I've ever come across.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-12-2011, 08:36 PM
(13-12-2011 06:00 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  Not sure if this has ever been posted, I found it quite well done:

I had seen the whole show on PBS (a year or two ago?) and was moved to tears at some points.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-12-2011, 09:08 PM
This is a wonderful piece not only for the acting but for it's true meaning. Why would god, a supposedly omnibenevolent being, permit such heinous acts of violence?
13-12-2011, 11:44 PM
That's very entertaining, but I just can't relate to hating God. You'd have to genuinely believe he flooded the Earth or killed the firstborn of Egypt in order to hold it against him.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
14-12-2011, 03:33 AM
Good movie Smile Stellan SkarsgÄrd is a great actor, and the message/storyline is good aswell.

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof Christopher Hitchens

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion Steven Weinberg
14-12-2011, 04:20 AM
Very intense but makes a good point.
Thanks for sharing this

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
14-12-2011, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 11:00 AM by Azaraith.)
(13-12-2011 11:44 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  That's very entertaining, but I just can't relate to hating God. You'd have to genuinely believe he flooded the Earth or killed the firstborn of Egypt in order to hold it against him.

You can easily hate the concept of God. God is simply a character in the Christian fairytale, just because we know the story is false doesn't mean we can't abhore the characters depicted. For 75%+ of the country, the God depicted in the Bible is real... and seen as loving, despite the genocides and slavery.

Saw the movie a while back and found it very thought provoking, moving even. Posted the verdict scene on Facebook, which prompted one of my friends to wonder why I posted it (then I explained my Atheism, in couched terms).

Better without God, and happier too.
31-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Here is the full movie on YouTube:

[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
31-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Buncha moral relativists cozying up to an absolute. How quaint. Big Grin

Gotta give you guys shit once in a while, otherwise I wouldn't be a prophet. I'd be unemployed. And that sux. Ain't watching the vid. Looks depressing. Whatever god they're talking about, ain't no LC. An instant of the LC covers a lifetime of torment, you just don't know. Funny thing is, there ain't no point in telling ya. Can tell ya that putting god on trial is patently absurd. Problem ain't, never was, god, but rather speakers for god. Like me.

And what other speakers for god don't say that I do, is that I'm ready to burn. Today is a good day to die.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post