God? or God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 02:51 PM
RE: God? or God?
(04-06-2014 12:13 PM)justauntb Wrote:  I find it hard to believe that everything happened by accident....especially on our planet's animal world. Animals live in perfect harmony: no jealously, envy, bitterness, etc. Then we came along and we aren't anything like the other animals.....Is there a God that created the world with all the animals on it? Were we put here for experimentation? if so, we are failing terribly!!!!!!!!
Learn quantum mechanics and wave function collapse and you'll regret saying that.

Wrong. Hyper-Preditation and also over-consumption has caused some animals and plants to go extinct without "Humans" interfering.

Okay, you have it wrong. Some animals experience jealousy and bitterness.

Also, you are assuming that the "Experiment" is that to see if humans don't ruin the world. That's a very presumptuous assumption. It's also very presumptuous to even say we are "failing" based on our knowledge of "failing" in the first place.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 02:51 PM
(04-06-2014 12:13 PM)justauntb Wrote:  Animals live in perfect harmony: no jealously, envy, bitterness, etc. Then we came along and we aren't anything like the other animals.....

Study dolphins, they kill for sport and then play cat and mouse games with the corpse.

They are the assholes for the ocean.

Edit: and if you ever owned two dogs, or two cats, two horses then you would understand that animals do in fact get jealous.

I smell a troll, anyone else?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
04-06-2014, 03:03 PM
(04-06-2014 02:51 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I smell a troll, anyone else?

Let's live in piss and ham-on-knee for a bit longer yeah? Wish OP would come back... hate it when people post once then bugger off.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-06-2014, 03:28 PM
(04-06-2014 02:51 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I smell a troll, anyone else?

Maybe, but even the troll posts are worth answering (which you did). If not for the troll's sake, then for the sake of future forum browsers who have real questions and might glean useful info from our answers.

That said, I have no answer that hasn't been already been given on this thread: Animals are not so peaceful and harmonious - ask any antelope who's ever been caught by a lion. The stars and planets are not "in line". All that we see didn't happen by accident. Etc.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
04-06-2014, 03:34 PM
God? or God?
(04-06-2014 12:13 PM)justauntb Wrote:  When I say I don't believe in God...I mean God of the bible...I don't believe anything in the bible or and religious view of it.
But....God? Is there one that rules the universe? Not personal intervention...that's just stupid, but, keeps the planets and suns in line? Created other worlds like ours?
I find it hard to believe that everything happened by accident....especially on our planet's animal world. Animals live in perfect harmony: no jealously, envy, bitterness, etc. Then we came along and we aren't anything like the other animals.....Is there a God that created the world with all the animals on it? Were we put here for experimentation? if so, we are failing terribly!!!!!!!!

[Image: ybevyreq.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
04-06-2014, 04:18 PM
(04-06-2014 12:13 PM)justauntb Wrote:  When I say I don't believe in God...I mean God of the bible...I don't believe anything in the bible or and religious view of it.
But....God? Is there one that rules the universe? Not personal intervention...that's just stupid, but, keeps the planets and suns in line? Created other worlds like ours?
I find it hard to believe that everything happened by accident....especially on our planet's animal world. Animals live in perfect harmony: no jealously, envy, bitterness, etc. Then we came along and we aren't anything like the other animals.....Is there a God that created the world with all the animals on it? Were we put here for experimentation? if so, we are failing terribly!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahaha Laugh out load

You need to learn about nature. Harmony? Ya, sure. Dodgy

Suffering and death is the norm, parasitism is the norm, animals eaten alive is the norm.

You need to stop watching Disney movies. Drinking Beverage

P.S. The answer to your confusion is evolution.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-06-2014, 04:24 PM

Keeps the planets and suns in line: Well, they're not exactly lined up like congo dancers. But in terms of keeping things moving along the way they are, I'd point you to the law of universal gravitation. The motions of the heavens are entirely predictable by Newtonian physics, with a small splash of dark matter, dark energy, and relativity. If there's any intelligence actively keeping them in line, it's the unimaginative, unwavering intellect of an automaton.

Created other worlds like ours: It depends how alike you mean when you say worlds like ours, but gravitational accretion quite neatly describes how both stars and planets may form from nebulae. Again, no guiding intelligence is required or suggested.

Animals living in perfect harmony: I suggest you watch a few nature documentaries. Lions devouring prey, coral engaging in chemical attacks against encroaching enemy coral, or scorpions taking exception to one another would be good places to start. If you believe they don't feel envy, feed one chimpanzee grapes (which they like), and another (in eyeshot of the first) cucumbers (which they regard as meh food) and then stand back.

Us not being anything like other animals: The truth is that we have a LOT in common with the great apes, and especially the two extant species of chimpanzee. The most easy distinction to make (aside from cosmetic differences like hair and limb proportions) is that we have brains and mouths capable of extensive language. Allowing for how that one difference lets us create and retain a pool of cultural, technological, and societal characteristics, our psychology is otherwise very much like that of chimps.
04-06-2014, 04:41 PM
I think part of the problem is one of perception. We assume design because we perceive the world around us as normal. Animals in nature appear to be "in harmony" because their struggles for survival are normal to us. As others have pointed out, we're animals too. Look how well we do harmony. Cats hunt pray for sport, even when they have no need to feed. Then you have a wide array of parasitic organisms that co-op the functions of another organism, which is terrifying in its own right. The illusion of harmony falls apart when you observe the struggles of life.

The physical properties of the universe seem stable to us because our scale of measurement is on such a small level (days & kilometers as opposed to millennium & light years) that we can't see the changes over time. Celestial bodies crash into each other, stars expand and collapse. We just happen to be on a planet, in solar system that was peaceful enough for our evolution. Our moon's unusual size protects us from getting pummeled to extinction by meteors (though its still a possibility).
[+] 1 user Likes orangejedi42's post
04-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Nature is impersonal and cruel and I understand why some people want to make up some bullshit "god" that they can have some control over when nearly everything in nature is out of our control.

People pray to this invented construct to cast some illusion over their fears.
The stuff they fear is still there. This is like walking into the woods with a bear nearby and you continue to walk in the woods because you think you are magically protected by a prayer you made.

Just a note, but that bear is an atheist, a natural animal that is about to have you for dinner and if would open your eyes to reality, you might live longer.

Lying to yourself doesn't make you safer or happier. It just makes you stupid.

OP - stop being stupid.
Seriously, go read up on anything you have questions about. The answers are out there.
If you can't find an answer, then the answer is, "We don't know, yet"

No gods are needed for me to bake a cake or for the galaxy to whirl about.
Chemistry & Physics

The natural physical world. It's an amazing place if you just explore it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
04-06-2014, 04:53 PM
(04-06-2014 12:39 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Thread moved from Personal Issues & Support as no specific help or support was requested in the OP.

If anyone disagrees... bite me!

[Image: Puppy_bite.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post