God? or God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 05:45 PM
RE: God? or God?
(04-06-2014 04:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 12:39 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Thread moved from Personal Issues & Support as no specific help or support was requested in the OP.

If anyone disagrees... bite me!

[Image: Puppy_bite.gif]

.... is that actual disagreement, or just jumping on the opportunity?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Damn, KC, that just might be the cutest gif ever!

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
05-06-2014, 02:27 AM
(04-06-2014 12:13 PM)justauntb Wrote:  When I say I don't believe in God...I mean

What you mean is that you want to cling to a comfortable concept despite the underwhelming evidence in support of it.
[+] 2 users Like Foxen's post
05-06-2014, 08:10 AM
(04-06-2014 12:13 PM)justauntb Wrote:  Animals live in perfect harmony: no jealously, envy, bitterness, etc.

As already mentioned, animals don't really live in harmony; they totally eat each other. Sure, humans do things like violate each other's trust, but animals lack the cognitive capacity to make social contracts, let alone the ability to break those contracts.

Also, it seems weird to invoke the "harmony" or animals when other aspects of the universe appear to be quite cruel and capricious. Without the sun, live would be impossible on this planet... and it gives us cancer. Genetic defects happen in all species, causing undo suffering and/or death. There are species that exist propagate while in gestation via incest and eat their siblings before they're born.

Really, all you're doing is cherry picking the pretty parts of our universe to craft an appeal to emotion to justify the existence of a deistic or pantheistic god. There's no reason to believe any gods were behind our existence.
05-06-2014, 08:55 AM
(04-06-2014 10:38 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Damn, KC, that just might be the cutest gif ever!

I google-checked this. THIS is the top hit for "cutest gif ever":

[Image: Cutest_6689dc_2182496.gif]

...... I think I need a hobby.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
05-06-2014, 09:04 AM
(04-06-2014 05:45 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  [Image: Puppy_bite.gif]

.... is that actual disagreement, or just jumping on the opportunity?

The latter.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-06-2014, 09:16 AM
(04-06-2014 12:13 PM)justauntb Wrote:  Not personal intervention...that's just stupid, but, keeps the planets and suns in line? Created other worlds like ours?
I find it hard to believe that everything happened by accident....especially on our planet's animal world.

I have a hard time believing that there could be this god that was smart enough to create the entire universe and all of the amazing complicated things in it and smart enough to keep it all running, and yet he failed miserably at human beings.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
05-06-2014, 09:19 AM
(04-06-2014 12:13 PM)justauntb Wrote:  Animals live in perfect harmony: no jealously, envy, bitterness, etc. Then we came along and we aren't anything like the other animals.

I think you've been watching too many Disney movies. Animals do not live in harmony, we humans share instincts and even sometimes emotions with other animals through evolution including hatred and violence. Put an untrained cat and a bird in the same room together and see how much harmony there is.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
05-06-2014, 09:21 AM
(05-06-2014 09:16 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 12:13 PM)justauntb Wrote:  Not personal intervention...that's just stupid, but, keeps the planets and suns in line? Created other worlds like ours?
I find it hard to believe that everything happened by accident....especially on our planet's animal world.

I have a hard time believing that there could be this god that was smart enough to create the entire universe and all of the amazing complicated things in it and smart enough to keep it all running, and yet he failed miserably at human beings.

Well... there is a reconciliation for that.

But, not getting into it (I shall not be sucked in; actually doing pretty well, huh?).

Just letting you know that other Christians do have convincing arguments for it.

05-06-2014, 09:23 AM
(05-06-2014 09:19 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 12:13 PM)justauntb Wrote:  Animals live in perfect harmony: no jealously, envy, bitterness, etc. Then we came along and we aren't anything like the other animals.

I think you've been watching too many Disney movies. Animals do not live in harmony, we humans share instincts and even sometimes emotions with other animals through evolution including hatred and violence. Put an untrained cat and a bird in the same room together and see how much harmony there is.

Or "trust" between the bird and the cat.

"Hey... Bird. Pssst."
"Yes, Cat?"
"Come get in my mouth, I want to show you something funny."
"lolno"

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post