God? or God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 01:21 PM
RE: God? or God?
(05-06-2014 09:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 09:16 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I have a hard time believing that there could be this god that was smart enough to create the entire universe and all of the amazing complicated things in it and smart enough to keep it all running, and yet he failed miserably at human beings.

Well... there is a reconciliation for that.

But, not getting into it (I shall not be sucked in; actually doing pretty well, huh?).

Just letting you know that other Christians do have convincing arguments for it.

Convincing only to themselves. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-06-2014, 01:50 AM
(05-06-2014 09:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 09:16 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I have a hard time believing that there could be this god that was smart enough to create the entire universe and all of the amazing complicated things in it and smart enough to keep it all running, and yet he failed miserably at human beings.

Well... there is a reconciliation for that.

But, not getting into it (I shall not be sucked in; actually doing pretty well, huh?).

Just letting you know that other Christians do have convincing arguments for it.

Well, if you have time for PMing I am interested in hearing them. Not sucking you into debate, but just honestly curious as to what they are.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
06-06-2014, 07:18 AM
(06-06-2014 01:50 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 09:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Well... there is a reconciliation for that.

Well, if you have time for PMing I am interested in hearing them. Not sucking you into debate, but just honestly curious as to what they are.

Trying to stay true to my word. So, sorry. Not even a PM. Last time I talked about religion it nearly got me ousted as admin. So, I'm just here to be all adminy and do admin things and hang out mostly in coffee house.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-06-2014, 07:30 AM
(06-06-2014 07:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 01:50 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Well, if you have time for PMing I am interested in hearing them. Not sucking you into debate, but just honestly curious as to what they are.

Trying to stay true to my word. So, sorry. Not even a PM. Last time I talked about religion it nearly got me ousted as admin. So, I'm just here to be all adminy and do admin things and hang out mostly in coffee house.

Which we hotly contested and made it clear that we consider you 100% free to say what the fuck you like on the forum. So don't hold back on anyone's account - if you don't feel like discussing is a different matter.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-06-2014, 07:32 AM
(06-06-2014 07:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 01:50 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Well, if you have time for PMing I am interested in hearing them. Not sucking you into debate, but just honestly curious as to what they are.

That's understandable I guess.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
06-06-2014, 08:42 AM
(06-06-2014 07:32 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 07:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Trying to stay true to my word. So, sorry. Not even a PM. Last time I talked about religion it nearly got me ousted as admin. So, I'm just here to be all adminy and do admin things and hang out mostly in coffee house.

That's understandable I guess.

Sorry. It's just a CYA thing. PMs can still be accessed by admins or Seth (although this has never been done), and if it's determined that I'm proselytizing or using the forum or any of its functions to promote my Christianity, then I will no longer be admin.

I know this job doesn't pay, but I enjoy it because I love the community. I still feel like I have a lot left the offer the community, so I want to protect that.

06-06-2014, 08:43 AM
(06-06-2014 07:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 07:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Trying to stay true to my word. So, sorry. Not even a PM. Last time I talked about religion it nearly got me ousted as admin. So, I'm just here to be all adminy and do admin things and hang out mostly in coffee house.

Which we hotly contested and made it clear that we consider you 100% free to say what the fuck you like on the forum. So don't hold back on anyone's account - if you don't feel like discussing is a different matter.

I know. But, as admin, I have different expectations placed on me. If I were just a regular member, this wouldn't even be an issue.

06-06-2014, 09:14 AM
(04-06-2014 12:13 PM)justauntb Wrote:  When I say I don't believe in God...I mean God of the bible...I don't believe anything in the bible or and religious view of it.
But....God? Is there one that rules the universe? Not personal intervention...that's just stupid, but, keeps the planets and suns in line? Created other worlds like ours?
I find it hard to believe that everything happened by accident....especially on our planet's animal world. Animals live in perfect harmony: no jealously, envy, bitterness, etc. Then we came along and we aren't anything like the other animals.....Is there a God that created the world with all the animals on it? Were we put here for experimentation? if so, we are failing terribly!!!!!!!!

Sir Isaac Newton had also thought that something All Powerful had to continuously keep everything in line. But...he has long been proved wrong.

Just because everything is so crazy cool doesn't mean that there was an intelligent designer. It just means everything is super crazy cool. Read some Christopher Hitchens Smile

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking