God or Nothing

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
19-05-2012, 12:07 AM

God or Nothing
Seriously, when you think about it, how can there be no form of God? I mean if there were no God, why would anything exist? Absolute nothingness is a state that cannot change without conscious input of some sort. So, when you say you're an atheist, what you really mean is that you believe the universe has always existed--for eternity for no reason at all.

To me that's an incredible thought process that requires a complete crucifixion of the intellect--just like religion does.
Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2012, 12:12 AM
RE: God or Nothing
Yet, How, What, Who, When, Where, and most importantly Why would there be one who gets his jollies from playing hide and seek from a natural universe that can be explained without resorting to a deity?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Why must we rely on the being of god for existance? Because people are Afraid of the alternative. People are Afraid of Non-existance, people are afraid of not Knowing. So people fill the void of not knowing with god to make themselves Feel Better.

What says that god MUST exist? Man Says that god must exist, Man asserts that he's there, even though he refuses to show himself.

Why must there be a reason for the universe to exist? Why cant we just...Be? People are so hung up that we are here for a reason. They try to rationalize WHY we are here. What if we are just here, for no reason at all? Why is that so hard to accept that we possibly just got LUCKY.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
[+] 2 users Like Likos02's post
19-05-2012, 12:20 AM
I thought this thread was going to be a poll.
:-(
I vote for "nothing"

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
19-05-2012, 12:20 AM
WTF? You're just going through withdrawal. It'll pass.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 10 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Why can't nothing have existed? I don't claim to say everything always existed. I also don't claim something made things exist, that can happen all on its own. How? Don't know yet, but because I don't know doesn't mean a God HAS to exist. They don't equal. Not knowing does not equal God, it just equals not knowing.
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
19-05-2012, 12:33 AM
(19-05-2012 12:29 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Why can't nothing have existed? I don't claim to say everything always existed. I also don't claim something made things exist, that can happen all on its own. How? Don't know yet, but because I don't know doesn't mean a God HAS to exist. They don't equal. Not knowing does not equal God, it just equals not knowing.

I would say that response was "Godlike".

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
19-05-2012, 12:35 AM
We're not so special or complex as to require a deliberate process to bring us about, and surely a deliberate process would have produced better results?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
19-05-2012, 12:40 AM
(19-05-2012 12:35 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  We're not so special or complex as to require a deliberate process to bring us about, and surely a deliberate process would have produced better results?

This is one of my main arguements. If god made us in his image then why are there truly fucked up people in the world? If god wanted us all in heaven with him, then why didnt he make us inherently good? Why does the All Powerfull God give us the means to defy him if he wanted us in heaven? And then why does he punish us?

[+] 1 user Likes Likos02's post
19-05-2012, 01:43 AM
1. Collect Underpants
2. ???
3. Profit

1. Why Does Something Exist Rather Than Nothing
2. ???
3. God

Stop trying to make the "reasoning" triangle peg fit the "predetermined answer" square hole. Try connecting the dots without an answer already in mind and discover that the unicorn you were trying to draw was actually a tugboat this whole time. Start at the beginning with the data we have available. Do you really arrive at God as your answer? If so, please review the Cognitive Dissonance section of your textbook and try the problem again.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 5 users Like Buddy Christ's post