God or Nothing

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
19-05-2012, 01:22 PM
RE: God or Nothing
(19-05-2012 09:37 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  B. Why does every question have to be answered in your lifetime?

Man. When you fall from grace, you don't fuck around. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-05-2012, 01:30 PM
(19-05-2012 12:54 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Is it not possible to prove that the number 0 exists mathematically? And if the number 0 exists mathematically, then 0 represents a quantity of none, and that would mean that nothing exists?

Or I could just be trying to play with words.
0 exists in mathematical structures called rings.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
19-05-2012, 01:48 PM
(19-05-2012 01:20 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Stay outta mathematics, you heathen.
If zero wuz zero, Cantor wouldnae hadda invent the empty set, would he? Tongue

I know. In VERY deep wata fer me. But, what the hell. Could easily drown, or make fool. Nuthin new. Weeping Maybe learn ta swim betta.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-05-2012, 04:15 PM
(19-05-2012 01:19 PM)kim Wrote:  Erxomai's above question is a good thought. Another thought in a similar vein:
When I reach to the edge of the universe, I do so knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves. ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
Funny you should mention this. Neil and I often get confused for the other.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-05-2012, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2012 05:02 PM by Thomas.)
(19-05-2012 12:41 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Nothing does exist, ever heard of the number 0? So, nothing exists, therefore god does not exist, or did I miss the point of your original question?
I exist. Do you?
The number 0 was invented by the Chinese and Indians. The west borrowed it around the same time as they borrowed algebra. (I believe)

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
19-05-2012, 05:11 PM
(19-05-2012 04:56 PM)Thomas Wrote:  The number 0 was invented by the Chinese and Indians. The west borrowed it around the same time as they borrowed algebra. (I believe)
Was it invented or discovered?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-05-2012, 05:14 PM
(19-05-2012 04:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-05-2012 01:19 PM)kim Wrote:  Erxomai's above question is a good thought. Another thought in a similar vein:
When I reach to the edge of the universe, I do so knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves. ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
Funny you should mention this. Neil and I often get confused for the other.
Yes Of course you do.

... No

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-05-2012, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2012 05:27 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-05-2012 04:56 PM)Thomas Wrote:  
(19-05-2012 12:41 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Nothing does exist, ever heard of the number 0? So, nothing exists, therefore god does not exist, or did I miss the point of your original question?

I exist. Do you?
The number 0 was invented by the Chinese and Indians. The west borrowed it around the same time as they borrowed algebra. (I believe)

Yes.
"Discovered" by Indian gentleman. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryabhata who may also have calculated a "g" value for Gravity, and most likely, also came up with a value for pi.
Either re-discovered or just imported by Moors/Muslim traders, who introduced it into Southern Eurpoe, (via Spainish/Africa trade route), then up into the European Universities.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Okay, I have replied to this 3 times now and my internet fucks up every time I go to post it and I lose it, so here is the jist of what I said...each time.

I pinched myself and I exist.

0 as a number has predictive power and has been useful for making accurate predictions.

The god(s) claim should also have predictive power but has never generated an accurate claim nor one that is explainable only through the prediction of god(s), ergo the prediction may also be made with out the god(s) claim and come out with the same results.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
19-05-2012, 05:35 PM
(19-05-2012 12:07 AM)Egor Wrote:  Seriously, when you think about it, how can there be no form of God? I mean if there were no God, why would anything exist? Absolute nothingness is a state that cannot change without conscious input of some sort. So, when you say you're an atheist, what you really mean is that you believe the universe has always existed--for eternity for no reason at all.

To me that's an incredible thought process that requires a complete crucifixion of the intellect--just like religion does.
No, when we say we're atheists, what we mean is that all of "gods" proposed by world religions are self-evidently pathetic, man-made explanations, some more imaginative than others, but all imaginary.