God or dog ...just three words

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2015, 06:52 AM
RE: God or dog ...just three words
He is definitely in my dog.

[Image: great-dane-george_zpsrjqyycgk.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
23-09-2015, 06:54 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2015 07:13 AM by TheInquisition.)
(23-09-2015 12:43 AM)riju Wrote:  1. I am God
2. God is there in everyone
3. There is no God
4. There is God

To me all these four above statements mean the same thing and that meaning is
that God is in every one. And God is only three words.

Explanation...
1. If God is in everyone. Then one has to locate him in his physical /cosmic body and unite with Him and this makes him God. So "I am God"
2. God is in every one, He is there in stones, trees included.
3. If we all are God , then it means this is a mere three alphabet words. It also means that there is no God
4. It all reduces down to NO GOD if we are all God.
Topic or Forum atheist or theist has no meaning.
This forum is MEANINGLESS from this point of view God. Instead other items/threads on this forum and participants are interesting.

God exists only in the imagination.

If you think life has no meaning because god does not exist, then you have failed to recognize god's place in your imagination.

Or are you complaining about the forum subject divisions?

I have no idea what you are on about.......

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
23-09-2015, 07:10 AM
da fuq, Dom. That ain't no dog, that's a stunt double from the next King Kong flick.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
23-09-2015, 07:15 AM
What if Dog was one of us?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
23-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the word-salad, Deepak.

(23-09-2015 05:58 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  [Image: 2127.jpeg]

Dogfort FTW.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
23-09-2015, 08:51 AM
(23-09-2015 07:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  da fuq, Dom. That ain't no dog, that's a stunt double from the next King Kong flick.

That's not actually my Tessa, this one is named George. I didn't have Tessa's pic handy, new computer. She is smaller than him, but yes, Great Danes are huge. My German Shepherd can pass through underneath her. He is only as tall (including head) as her legs are long.

She is the absolute goddess!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
23-09-2015, 09:25 AM
3. There is no God
4. There is God

Explanation...
1. If God is in everyone. Then one has to locate him in his physical /cosmic body and unite with Him and this makes him God. So "I am God"
3. If we all are God , then it means this is a mere three alphabet words. It also means that there is no God
This forum is MEANINGLESS from this point of view God. Instead other items/threads on this forum and participants are interesting.

Theism refers to the belief that a personal, interventionist deity exists. (Personal, here, means that it has all the elements of a mind -- memory, preferences, decision-making-capacity, etc -- and that it is a distinct entity unto itself.)

If it was not interventionist, it would fall under the heading of deism, not theism.

In the case of what you appear to be espousing, it is not personal and therefore doesn't count as theism. What you are promoting is pantheism.

I read what you just wrote and say, okay, we all believe that the universe exists as well as the people and things in it. But what benefit is there to adding "God is the same as all that" to that statement? Does it change the nature of the stuff that exists in the slightest? Its observed behavior? The implications of how we interact with it? What practical use is this claim? What would it add to our knowledge other than tagging the word "God" into it like an unoriginal graffiti artist? It's like saying "my bike is red and it also has glubglub". I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.

If you want us to buy into your idea of a god, you need to first explain it to us. Not explain that it's just everything -- we already have a concept of "everything" -- but in what way your concept of god is distinct from or adds to that everything in a way that would make us want to stop using the word "everything" that everyone already understands in favor of something that will confuse the shit out of everyone.

... okay, fine, confusing the shit out of everyone is a noble enough goal, but I'd still like a clear definition.
23-09-2015, 09:38 AM
3. There is no God
4. There is God

Explanation...

Not particularly eloquent, but pretty much what I been saying all along. There is no practical difference between pantheism and atheism. It's monotheism which causes problems.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-09-2015, 02:19 PM
(23-09-2015 09:38 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not particularly eloquent, but pretty much what I been saying all along. There is no practical difference between pantheism and atheism. It's monotheism which causes problems.

It's the panthies I take issue with. They ride up.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
23-09-2015, 03:29 PM
(23-09-2015 08:51 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 07:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  da fuq, Dom. That ain't no dog, that's a stunt double from the next King Kong flick.

That's not actually my Tessa, this one is named George. I didn't have Tessa's pic handy, new computer. She is smaller than him, but yes, Great Danes are huge. My German Shepherd can pass through underneath her. He is only as tall (including head) as her legs are long.

She is the absolute goddess!

My nephew dated a local girl who's dog was in the Guinness Book as the tallest... It's since died. I kept asking her when she was going to get tissue samples to clone it..... Don't think she ever did....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.