God's Bankruptcy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2010, 10:14 PM

Tongue God's Bankruptcy
Crystal Cathedral megachurch files for bankruptcy

By AMY TAXIN, Associated Press Writer Amy Taxin, Associated Press Writer – Mon Oct 18,

GARDEN GROVE, Calif. – Crystal Cathedral, the megachurch birthplace of the televangelist show "Hour of Power," filed for bankruptcy Monday in Southern California after struggling to emerge from debt that exceeds $43 million.

In addition to a $36 million mortgage, the Orange County-based church owes $7.5 million to several hundred vendors for services ranging from advertising to the use of live animals in Easter and Christmas services.

The church had been negotiating a repayment plan with vendors, but several filed lawsuits seeking quicker payment, which prompted a coalition formed by creditors to fall apart. ~Read More Here~
One thing atheists have over Christians. Huge temples constructed on a mountain of debt. Wink

What was that verse about being easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle, than a rich man to enter Heaven?
I don't think I'll look at my bills, quite the same way again. Maybe Pastor Schuller should have read his Bible a little more closely.

Proverbs 22:7 (New International Version)
The rich rule over the poor,
and the borrower is servant to the lender.
Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2010, 12:34 AM
RE: God's Bankruptcy
Schuller should have read his Bible a little more closely.

Maybe Schuller should "READ" the bible, and stop interpretting the shit of of it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2010, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2010 12:49 AM by Juppers.)
Strangely enough, the clergy of any religion seem to think god favours monumental, richly adorned places of worship over more humble ones. Will god love you more if you build him a billion-dollar temple than if you build him a small house of plain wood? The Bible seems to say otherwise, after all this Jesus not preach poverty and humility? So I'm guessing the reason for all this opulence is that they want to lure people into joining their church by saying: "Oh look our church is so much bigger and cooler than theirs, so come here and give your money to us." Only it doesn't always work.

P.S. Random fact: the camel in that NT verse is not actually a camel, but a rope, which makes more sense. The mistranslation is seemingly due to the fact that the two words are spelled the same in Aramaic.

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-10-2010, 08:45 AM

(19-10-2010 12:36 AM)Juppers Wrote:  P.S. Random fact: the camel in that NT verse is not actually a camel, but a rope, which makes more sense. The mistranslation is seemingly due to the fact that the two words are spelled the same in Aramaic.
Fascinating tidbit of knowledge. Yes, a rope makes much more sense than a camel. It seems odd that the words would be spelled the same in Aramaic, though. I found the following site interesting in this latter regard:

http://www.biblicalhebrew.com/nt/camelneedle.htm

which basically says that ropes in that time and place were made of camel hair ... hence the coincidence regarding the spelling.
19-10-2010, 09:29 AM

(19-10-2010 08:45 AM)2buckchuck Wrote:  
(19-10-2010 12:36 AM)Juppers Wrote:  P.S. Random fact: the camel in that NT verse is not actually a camel, but a rope, which makes more sense. The mistranslation is seemingly due to the fact that the two words are spelled the same in Aramaic.
Fascinating tidbit of knowledge. Yes, a rope makes much more sense than a camel. It seems odd that the words would be spelled the same in Aramaic, though. I found the following site interesting in this latter regard:

http://www.biblicalhebrew.com/nt/camelneedle.htm

which basically says that ropes in that time and place were made of camel hair ... hence the coincidence regarding the spelling.
I never knew that about the camel. I simply always dismissed it as metaphorical. Thank you for sharing that. Makes one wonder how much else is mistranslated throughout the Bible. Especially considering it's contradiction and errors.
19-10-2010, 05:35 PM
why doesn't god just send them money to get out of debt? What? YOu mean to tell me that prayers from good christian people aren't being answered?
19-10-2010, 08:04 PM

(19-10-2010 05:35 PM)catdance62 Wrote:  why doesn't god just send them money to get out of debt? What? YOu mean to tell me that prayers from good christian people aren't being answered?
They're called, Prosperity Preachers for a reason.
Perhaps it's god's way of saying; "Read the scriptures stupid!"
So that they learn the hard way that materialism wasn't exactly what Christ had in mind, when he was ministering about how the meek will inherit the earth.
Or instead of praying, they could always consider a broadcast the likes of a Oral Roberts re-run, and beg humans to answer the money prayer.

Benny Hinn Begs for 2 million

Faith healer pastor Oral Roberts. In the later 80's he begged for 8 million dollars to arrive in less than 4 months or god said he was going to call Oral home!

God asked a ransom of 8 million because he needs the money, and if he doesn't get it he's going to kill a Christian and bring him to the abode that Christian is striving for as a believer, after death. But Oral, wanted to stay off that journey with an 8 million dollar extension!
(Must have lost his courage to beg for more time. He died at the age of 91, in 2009.)

You know what it is? They're really atheists, but they're greedy because they love the tax exempt religious status that let's them fleece the sheep.
That's it. I just know it. Tongue
19-10-2010, 11:10 PM
The meek shall inherit the earth. This line was mistranslated because the translaters had no knowledge of future tech talk. It is actually a prophecy about Bill Gates and should have said, "the Geek shall inherit the earth."
22-10-2010, 08:01 AM
(19-10-2010 11:10 PM)No J. Wrote:  The meek shall inherit the earth. This line was mistranslated because the translaters had no knowledge of future tech talk. It is actually a prophecy about Bill Gates and should have said, "the Geek shall inherit the earth."

Amen brother. And so it has come to pass!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
22-10-2010, 10:00 AM

Noooo, with Bill Gates it's more like the geek shall be able to buy the earth.
I could live off the interest he accrues in one day, for the rest of my life I expect.
That's just sooo wrong. Undecided