God's Bankruptcy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2010, 03:55 PM
RE: God's Bankruptcy
God loves you ... but he needs your money.

Seriously , let's assume parents that love us ONLY if we pay them.
This is less a problem with the holy books but with the religious authorities exploiting worshipers.This is what i feel is wrong with faith , the structured hierarchal approach to faith.
I think without a form of authority enforcing interpretation believers would be MUCH nicer people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2010, 06:35 PM
(22-10-2010 03:55 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I think without a form of authority enforcing interpretation believers would be MUCH nicer people.

This is very probably true. There would probably be a lot less religious fundimentalism, too.
22-10-2010, 07:37 PM

(22-10-2010 03:55 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  God loves you ... but he needs your money.

Seriously , let's assume parents that love us ONLY if we pay them.
This is less a problem with the holy books but with the religious authorities exploiting worshipers.This is what i feel is wrong with faith , the structured hierarchical approach to faith.
I think without a form of authority enforcing interpretation believers would be MUCH nicer people.

I agree. I think believers miss a lot of what is so obvious to those on the outside. When they seek salvation, ultimately their goal is to be saved from the God that damns them if they die as his naturally born or created sinner. So they're seeking salvation from that very thing they worship, that they in the same breath believe they're not worthy of.
I once attended a Catholic service wherein the parishioners all chimed a prayer aloud that began;oh God, though we know we're not worthy...
(As God made you?Undecided)

It stands then that they don't realize, it's a bit off that the creator of the Universe is best served by materialism.
Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2010, 01:57 AM
(22-10-2010 07:37 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  I once attended a Catholic service wherein the parishioners all chimed a prayer aloud that began;oh God, though we know we're not worthy...

That sounds like a scene from the movie "Wayne's World."
23-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Party on, No.J.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
23-10-2010, 05:08 PM

(23-10-2010 01:57 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(22-10-2010 07:37 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  I once attended a Catholic service wherein the parishioners all chimed a prayer aloud that began;oh God, though we know we're not worthy...

That sounds like a scene from the movie "Wayne's World."

Maybe that's where the movie's script writer got the idea from.
Quote this message in a reply