God's Laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2016, 05:33 PM
RE: God's Laws
(29-02-2016 02:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  ALL the Mosaic Law, even the ceremonial commandments, can be summed as love Jesus Christ and love your fellow man. Atheists may do one, just not the other.

Bullshit. There are Christian atheists.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-02-2016, 05:51 PM
(29-02-2016 02:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I cite the "big ten" as commandments that atheists break,

Fuck off and die. Drinking Beverage

Quote: not as life rules to follow. The Decalogue says to not commit adultery. I go further and will not get emotionally involved with another woman or kiss another woman. The Decalogue says to not murder, I go further and resolve to love and forgive and not have any enemies--if I can.

ALL the Mosaic Law, even the ceremonial commandments, can be summed as love Jesus Christ and love your fellow man. Atheists may do one, just not the other.

You are an arrogant, self-righteous, holier-than-thou prig.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-02-2016, 06:00 PM
(29-02-2016 05:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 02:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I cite the "big ten" as commandments that atheists break,

Fuck off and die. Drinking Beverage

Quote: not as life rules to follow. The Decalogue says to not commit adultery. I go further and will not get emotionally involved with another woman or kiss another woman. The Decalogue says to not murder, I go further and resolve to love and forgive and not have any enemies--if I can.

ALL the Mosaic Law, even the ceremonial commandments, can be summed as love Jesus Christ and love your fellow man. Atheists may do one, just not the other.

You are an arrogant, self-righteous, holier-than-thou prig.

He's not going to Hell, he lives there.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-02-2016, 06:01 PM
(29-02-2016 02:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  ALL the Mosaic Law, even the ceremonial commandments, can be summed as love Jesus Christ and love your fellow man. Atheists may do one, just not the other.

How the hell do you get from not wearing different fabrics and not planting different crops in the same field to nailing a dude to some wood? I am genuinely curious.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
29-02-2016, 07:12 PM
The number one excuse I've heard for the psychopathic old laws of the OT is that Yahweh was trying to "train" or "teach" the Israelites to live good lives, they were rules they needed before Jesus came and was brutally executed as a human blood sacrifice so now the laws don't matter...but some still do...but not all of them will get you sent to Hell if you break them. As long as Abrahimic religion exists their followers will feel a need to cherry pick because secular morality and reason just doesn't allow for the psychopathic rules to be taken seriously, if anyone did they'd be locked up as they should be.
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
29-02-2016, 07:18 PM
[/quote]

You are correct. There are difficult laws like marrying thy brother's wife that become problematic. You parse it this way:

If you break one law, you are a criminal.

Everyone has broken God's Law.

No one can keep God's Law fully, therefore, everyone needs Jesus Christ.

Thanks.
[/quote]

If it's true that no human can fully abide by God's laws than why give us the laws to begin with? And if God decided that we needed a get out Hell free ticket and the only way to pay for that ticket is to accept the brutal death of an innocent man (who is also God) than do we just live in chaos now? Can we all just act out of our base urges and steal from others, kill whoever you don't like, etc. and just believe that Jesus died for you and it's all good? Oh wait, we need to "love" our fellow man. According your God's version of love it's a very loving act to torture and kill someone, for the greater good. But, it's not a good thing for a sinful person to actualy have to pay for their wrong acts, they need to be forgiven, hence the human sacrifice. So if by "loving" you mean when your friend wrongs you, you go kill your kid, now you can forgive your friend, is that still wrong because it's a murder or was it loving because you didn't kill your friend, you killed someone else? The Bible can't decide what love is much less hate or anger or justice so it's not a good book to go by if you are trying to actually live a good, kind life.
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
29-02-2016, 07:45 PM
(29-02-2016 02:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 09:52 AM)mgoering Wrote:  When Christians are asked why there are so many laws in the OT that they don't abide by (such as wearing clothes of different fabrics) they famously say that the OT laws don't apply anymore because we have a new covenant with God.

Then why are they constantly citing the ten commandments as important God-given laws that we must follow? What makes the ten commandments unique from all of the other absurd laws in the OT?

And what does it mean when Jesus said in Matthew 5:17-18

17"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished" ?

Christians should either obey ever last law written in the OT, to the tee (because how can you sincerely make a distinction between one and another), or completely dismiss it as the OLD covenants and not worthy of obedience. But, for God sake, stop cherry picking!

I cite the "big ten" as commandments that atheists break, not as life rules to follow. The Decalogue says to not commit adultery. I go further and will not get emotionally involved with another woman or kiss another woman. The Decalogue says to not murder, I go further and resolve to love and forgive and not have any enemies--if I can.

I can see why everyone on this site gets so frustrated with you, Q. None of what you said makes any logical sense and it's all baseless. You just pulled it out of your ass!

"Why hast thou forsaken me, o deity whose existence I doubt..." - Dr. Sheldon Cooper
[+] 5 users Like mgoering's post
02-03-2016, 08:22 AM
(29-02-2016 05:06 PM)claywise Wrote:  Q Cunt is Qunt. Bully the living fuck out of that mindless robot. Push him down on the playground. Punch him in the face. Taunt him. Drive him to suicide. He deserves it all.

1. You are promulgating hate speech and I hereby request that the moderators respond.

2. See my signature.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
02-03-2016, 08:23 AM
(29-02-2016 07:45 PM)mgoering Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 02:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I cite the "big ten" as commandments that atheists break, not as life rules to follow. The Decalogue says to not commit adultery. I go further and will not get emotionally involved with another woman or kiss another woman. The Decalogue says to not murder, I go further and resolve to love and forgive and not have any enemies--if I can.

I can see why everyone on this site gets so frustrated with you, Q. None of what you said makes any logical sense and it's all baseless. You just pulled it out of your ass!

Not a good response, if your goal is to logic and reason to defeat my propositions. But good work if you are seeking to demonize your debate opponent.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
02-03-2016, 08:24 AM
(29-02-2016 07:12 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  The number one excuse I've heard for the psychopathic old laws of the OT is that Yahweh was trying to "train" or "teach" the Israelites to live good lives, they were rules they needed before Jesus came and was brutally executed as a human blood sacrifice so now the laws don't matter...but some still do...but not all of them will get you sent to Hell if you break them. As long as Abrahimic religion exists their followers will feel a need to cherry pick because secular morality and reason just doesn't allow for the psychopathic rules to be taken seriously, if anyone did they'd be locked up as they should be.

How did you come to understand that "some laws broken cannot send you to Hell" as you put it?