God's Laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: God's Laws
WLC is also kind of a one trick pony. Every debate of his is the same speech. And his favorite fall back is the Kalām Cosmological Argument. I was fun to watch his ass getting handed to him in the debate with Sean Carroll.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
12-04-2016, 01:22 PM
(12-04-2016 12:53 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 01:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  WLC is a fool. He doesn't "make arguments". He lies ... and says he would believe no matter what any "arguments" are.

An argument from ignorance.
Even IF there were things that were unexplained, (which you have not even attempted to lay out), it's still just "gap filling" to plug in your deity.

I thought you were leaving.

We merely need to prove you typed the text as appearing under your avatar on April 1. It took you, um, several months to do so.

So I recommend we have an Adobe Connect or OoVoo or Skype debate, just you and I, we can record it for the enjoyment of all here. You can tell us all Jesus is Lord, while we watch. Then I can leave TTA forever, never to reappear under another avatar or... Sound good?

You have no problem believing all the nonsense in the Bible, the talking snake, the flood, the man coming back to life, that's all just fine but you can't believe that Bucky typed "Jesus is Lord"? That's just too much for you?

I think you are in fact breaking one of the commandments about not lying and you're just not wanting to admit you have been bested and are now calling Bucky a liar which you have no reason to believe he is or that he didn't type it. Even if he agreed to the Skype what do you get out of making him say out loud that "Jesus is Lord." Will you get some kind of sick thrill out of it? Will it make you feel you have won?

I can say "Jesus is Lord" all day long but I'm still an atheist and it doesn't mean anything, they're just words. I can say right after "I deny the holy spirit" and it will negate it and I can say "Captain Crunch is Lord!" and that won't make it true either. I'd rather keep debating you on this thread than give you that satisfaction but even if that did make you leave you still haven't proven that Jesus is actually the lord. We would all still be atheists so you still lose and nothing would've changed. If that is the case, why not just leave? Or admit you just don't want to?

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like SitaSky's post
15-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Sita if I wasn't married...

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
15-04-2016, 11:03 AM
(12-04-2016 01:22 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  "Captain Crunch is Lord!"

This. Poster/tshirt/tract material lol
15-04-2016, 11:55 AM
(28-02-2016 03:51 PM)Bear100 Wrote:  so they try to distance themselves from it in front of atheists but will happily teach out of it and learn from it when they're at their church.

I have to disagree with you. Most of them don't actually know how brutal it is. I am an atheist, but my wife is a Christian. I have more knowledge than my wife does of what is in her book she claims to believe in. In fact, she gets angry when I point stuff out. My wife and I attended an Alpha class at the church, because she wanted me to at least give her religion a chance before we got married. Nobody in my discussion group except for the pastor knew about the bad shit in the bible. I would bring something up such as stoning your unruly children to death and the response was, "That can't be in there.". To the credit of the pastor, he never denied anything and even admitted it. Needless to say, they have not done the Alpha thing again. lol
15-04-2016, 12:50 PM
(11-04-2016 01:14 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Israel does not extend to the Euphrates yet, Egypt does not have a border within modern Cairo yet and etc. however, the Bible is astonishingly accurate about many events that have come to pass.

I can't help but mention that many of these things that have "come to pass" as told to me and as I have read elsewhere have often come to pass by people making it happen. How can it be prophecy if individuals force it to come true because they want it to come true?

Also, in many other cases, "prophecies" are so vague that a large amount of things can fit into it. The "wars and rumors of wars" that is often cited by fundies as demonstrating the end is nigh is an example of this. Most often, people are making the connections, not uncovering them.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
15-04-2016, 01:11 PM
I'll show how easy it is to make a prophecy.

The day will come when a great war will ensue. Mothers will hold their children close, but it will be for not. Blood will soak the ground, and smoke shale fill the air.

Tomorrow the sun will rise, you shale wake and look upon the day in a new light.

Fulfilled prophecy's are usually broad, vague or written post.

[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post