God's Laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: God's Laws
(11-04-2016 01:17 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm actually making a double claim:

Nope, you are lying your ass of, constantly, demonstrably.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2016, 03:39 PM
(11-04-2016 01:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  WLC is a fool. He doesn't "make arguments". He lies ... and says he would believe no matter what any "arguments" are.

Thats why Q loves him so much. Great minds are alike.

11-04-2016, 03:55 PM
(11-04-2016 03:39 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 01:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  WLC is a fool. He doesn't "make arguments". He lies ... and says he would believe no matter what any "arguments" are.

Thats why Q loves him so much. Great minds are alike.

CotW is also a big WLC fan.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
11-04-2016, 04:05 PM
The (so called) prophesy was that the KINGDOM of Israel would be reestablished, by the anointed one, who would reign over it. That's not what has happened. The present state is a "fulfillment" of nothing. NEVER did it say anything about a democracy being established, with MULTIPLE sects of Jews, and a population of 75 % Jews, 17 % Muslims, 2% Christians. During most of the time that the prophetic writers were writing, there were TWO kingdoms, (anyway). So which one was supposed to be reconstituted ? It's all just bunk, anyway. The role of a prophet was never to predict the far-off future.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-04-2016, 04:14 PM
(11-04-2016 03:55 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 03:39 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Thats why Q loves him so much. Great minds are alike.

CotW is also a big WLC fan.

No shit Sherlock! Gasp Drinking Beverage

11-04-2016, 04:33 PM
(11-04-2016 01:14 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I agree. Israel, Egypt and other nations have not had the boundaries set on them by prophecy. Understand that prophecies fulfilled and also ones yet to be fulfilled are not in the linear order we would expect--but that has as much to do with the ANE non-linear method of storytelling as anything else. Israel does not extend to the Euphrates yet, Egypt does not have a border within modern Cairo yet and etc. however, the Bible is astonishingly accurate about many events that have come to pass.

You have yet to prove in any verifiable way that the bible is in fact "astonishingly" accurate about any future events, the one example you gave me has not come to pass and sure I can sit here all day and say "Well we just gotta give it some time." but you said the Bible has predictive powers, how can you say that when it hasn't predicted anything as of yet? Can you give just ONE example of something that has come to pass that was predicted in the Bible? I'm only asking for one specific prophecy that can't be misunderstood.

Also and this is my biggest issue with the prophecies of the Bible is that it doesn't mention hugely important events in human history and completely ignores entire parts of the world and focuses entirely on one tiny area of the middle east/northern Africa. You would think the men who wrote the Bible had never been to any other countries/continents and that's exactly why they are so obsessed with only one tribe/race of people in one area and totally ignores the entire Americas, Asia, Northern Europe and Southern Africa.

Why doesn't God think every substantial event including World Wars isn't worth mentioning? Why does he only predict what will happen to one race of people? Considering how much Anglo Saxons have contributed to the Christian religion you would think the Crusades would be mentioned or the Great Schism or Martin Luther? Are they not important? I would think so but nope, your God doesn't care, it's not important.

The only thing that matters to him is what happens to his special chosen people, no one else matters. You can say he's the Jewish tribal God and I'd try to believe you but you can't say he's all loving to every human, he clearly isn't and you'd think he'd mention the holocaust but nope, just a vague reference about the tribe of Israel being mistreated, yeah that's an understatement. If I wrote the Bible and I could see the future I would've told them exactly what would happen but I guess that just makes me a better person than your God.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like SitaSky's post
11-04-2016, 08:33 PM
(11-04-2016 01:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  William Lane Craig has made this argument before--we get upset about a child dying who could have become a Hitler.

WLC is a showman, at best. His arguments are a series of logical fallacies, shifting the burden of proof and redefinition of terms.

Not to mention the fact that you completely ignored my point about children going to hell. I notice that you're pretty good at ignoring anyone's points when they hit too close to home.

But, your comment is fairly nonsensical anyway. There is no such thing as predestination. People are capable of great good and/or great evil. It is possible that any child could grow up and great evil.

(11-04-2016 01:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Start thinking about people other than yourself, if you want to gain this sort of perspective.
I'm not even going to dignify this with a comment.

(11-04-2016 01:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  If my child died a young believer--than no, they would never grow up to hurl insults at believers on TTA.

No, if constantly exposed to your bullshit, they'd probably be here throwing insults at atheists. Apples & trees, etc.

(11-04-2016 01:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You may be confusing something in your statement, "nothing scientifically describes a soul". I think you are misrepresenting--if unintentionally, millions of anecdotes about soul experiences, and the countless anomalies that evolution fails to explain about the human state.

I misrepresented nothing. Anecdotal accounts are not evidence. There is no scientific experiments that have verified or demonstrated anything that resembles the religious idea of a soul.

Countless anomalies that evolution fails to explain? Name some.
And once you name some, would you care to address the god-of-the-gaps fallacy? Or are you going to drop another hitler-grenade? Maybe Stalin? He was at least a confirmed atheist.

Logical fallacies, lies and hypocrisy. Par for the course.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-04-2016, 09:05 PM
(11-04-2016 01:17 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm actually making a double claim:

1. You have used a combination of arbitrary or perhaps societally-based biases to decide, with little evidence, that the death of younger humans is "wrong".

Our society is made up of groups of primates living together. The primates (us) have established, largely through trial and error, sets of rules, customs and traditions that guide behavior. Desired behavior is encouraged, undesirable behavior is punished.

Is this arbitrary? Yes. Do the biases vary from society to society? Yes.

Almost every modern society, and most primitive ones, place a high value on the lives of the children. Children are the future, the continuation of the species. We are evolved to care for our children and to do everything we can to ensure their survival.

The only time things don't make sense is when your imaginary friend crops up.

(11-04-2016 01:17 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  First, you are going to have to figure out how you came to understand that children are "innocent" based on a logical or scientific response, not an emotional response.
WLC tactics for the loss! You do not get to tell anyone what they have to figure out and how they can do it.

Our responses to children and their welfare are in fact emotional. We have used science to determine the hows and whys, the hormones, the biology, the chemistry.

(11-04-2016 01:17 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  2. How do you maintain your double standard? That children are "innocent" but adults do not "sin"?

There is no double standard. Adults are held more responsible for their actions. Children are generally supposed to be less culpable for crimes. The death of a child is usually considered "worse" than the death of an adult due to the lost potential and the shorter lifespan they experience.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-04-2016, 10:17 PM
(11-04-2016 01:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  William Lane Craig has....

No one fucking cares. Fuck off Q, you gave everyone your word you would leave and here you are like a fucking heroin junkie back for another fix. I get that one one gives a fuck about you out in the real world you irrelevant nobody, but I also don't care. You have utterly no right discussing anything, especially not morality, when you are so willing to lie without shame.

Your word is worthless, you are not a man.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
12-04-2016, 12:53 PM
(11-04-2016 01:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 01:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  William Lane Craig has made this argument before--we get upset about a child dying who could have become a Hitler. Start thinking about people other than yourself, if you want to gain this sort of perspective. If my child died a young believer--than no, they would never grow up to hurl insults at believers on TTA.

WLC is a fool. He doesn't "make arguments". He lies ... and says he would believe no matter what any "arguments" are.

Quote:I think you are misrepresenting--if unintentionally, millions of anecdotes about soul experiences, and the countless anomalies that evolution fails to explain about the human state.

An argument from ignorance.
Even IF there were things that were unexplained, (which you have not even attempted to lay out), it's still just "gap filling" to plug in your deity.

I thought you were leaving.

We merely need to prove you typed the text as appearing under your avatar on April 1. It took you, um, several months to do so.

So I recommend we have an Adobe Connect or OoVoo or Skype debate, just you and I, we can record it for the enjoyment of all here. You can tell us all Jesus is Lord, while we watch. Then I can leave TTA forever, never to reappear under another avatar or... Sound good?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user