God's Not Dead?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2015, 01:41 PM
God's Not Dead?
Don't ask me why but I was really bored a couple days ago and after reading a review from an atheist's point of view on the movie God's Not Dead, I became intrigued to check out the movie myself.

I honestly don't know how I managed to get through this movie in its entirety with a straight face. Okay, there might've been a few eye rolls and scoffs. I know I shouldn't have expected any atheist characters to be accurately represented but there were some straight up, "WTF Who is going to believe this?!" moments. I don't know why I was so surprised that the movie basically managed to vilify any and ALL atheists in this movie. But it did manage to make me think if people really do see atheists this way.

If you find yourself with 2 hours to waste and a need for a few (or a lot) of laughs, check out the movie on Netflix. I'm really interested in hearing what others have to say about this movie.

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: God's Not Dead?
From what I heard, God wasn't dead previously, but died from shame after the theatrical release.
[+] 13 users Like Alex K's post
29-03-2015, 01:49 PM
(29-03-2015 01:41 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  Don't ask me why but I was really bored a couple days ago and after reading a review from an atheist's point of view on the movie God's Not Dead, I became intrigued to check out the movie myself.

I honestly don't know how I managed to get through this movie in its entirety with a straight face. Okay, there might've been a few eye rolls and scoffs. I know I shouldn't have expected any atheist characters to be accurately represented but there were some straight up, "WTF Who is going to believe this?!" moments. I don't know why I was so surprised that the movie basically managed to vilify any and ALL atheists in this movie. But it did manage to make me think if people really do see atheists this way.

If you find yourself with 2 hours to waste and a need for a few (or a lot) of laughs, check out the movie on Netflix. I'm really interested in hearing what others have to say about this movie.

Is it streaming?

Two hours tho?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-03-2015, 01:53 PM
(29-03-2015 01:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-03-2015 01:41 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  Don't ask me why but I was really bored a couple days ago and after reading a review from an atheist's point of view on the movie God's Not Dead, I became intrigued to check out the movie myself.

Is it streaming?

Two hours tho?

Yes, it's currently streaming. It's like an hour and 55 minutes. Oh, and keep count of all the Newsboys references. I almost want to say they paid for the entire movie. They had to have been mentioned at least 30 times within the first 30 minutes of the movie. Laugh out load

[+] 2 users Like kristenkjordan's post
29-03-2015, 01:59 PM
(29-03-2015 01:53 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  
(29-03-2015 01:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Is it streaming?

Two hours tho?

Yes, it's currently streaming. It's like an hour and 55 minutes. Oh, and keep count of all the Newsboys references. I almost want to say they paid for the entire movie. They had to have been mentioned at least 30 times within the first 30 minutes of the movie. Laugh out load

Oh wow...how did I not know about this??

Oh that's right, by default anything that's remotely religious gets a one star from me whether I've seen it or not.

I'll have some time tomorrow, so I'll be checking it out.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Oooh I'm so tempted. I almost watched it after hearing the detailed discussion on the Reasonable Doubts podcast.
[+] 1 user Likes Alex K's post
29-03-2015, 02:03 PM
(29-03-2015 01:59 PM)Alex K Wrote:  Oooh I'm so tempted. I almost watched it after hearing the detailed discussion on the Reasonable Doubts podcast.

I didn't have any plans on watching it before, but it's so incredibly laughable. I don't know which movie is worse: this or the new Left Behind. Don't even get me started on that atrocity. No

30-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Watching it on Netflix right now. Its embarrassing.

Literally:
"I have cancer."
"well that's just something you'll have to work through. We're done."

What. the fuck. Nobody would do that!

Not to mention the fact that the entire premise of the movie would never happen.

OH now I just found out the atheist professor is dating an undergrad Christian girl! what the hell. Why would a professor date an undergrad unless he was fucking her? She must be a bad Christian.

OH ALSO preacher's car won't start and neither will the TWO rental cars he tries to get because god is obviously telling him he needs to stay in town. RIDICULOUS.

These are horrible caricatures, seriously.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
30-03-2015, 08:42 AM
(30-03-2015 08:36 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Watching it on Netflix right now. Its embarrassing.

Literally:
"I have cancer."

Not to mention the fact that the entire premise of the movie would never happen.

OH now I just found out the atheist professor is dating an undergrad Christian girl! what the hell. Why would a professor date an undergrad unless he was fucking her? She must be a bad Christian.

OH ALSO preacher's car won't start and neither will the TWO rental cars he tries to get because god is obviously telling him he needs to stay in town. RIDICULOUS.

Wait until you see what happens when they pray for the car to turn on...

Laugh out load

30-03-2015, 08:55 AM
(30-03-2015 08:42 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 08:36 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Watching it on Netflix right now. Its embarrassing.

Literally:
"I have cancer."

Wait until you see what happens when they pray for the car to turn on...

Laugh out load

No! Oh man.

Ohhh atheist professor is an atheist because his mom died and he's angry at god. He must turn into a Christian in the end.

Also, how does cancer girl not have any friends!? Even if my boyfriend and I just broke up, there'd be people to support me through that! COME ON.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post