'God's Not Dead 2' Getting Ready to Rock Atheists' World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2014, 12:34 PM
RE: 'God's Not Dead 2' Getting Ready to Rock Atheists' World
(30-10-2014 04:01 PM)pablo Wrote:  If they really want to rock my world, all they need to do is produce a single scrap of evidence.
Another movie is not necessary

Atheism defeated with a single question: What is your ultimate authority?

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 01:43 PM by Logisch.)
(02-11-2014 12:34 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(30-10-2014 04:01 PM)pablo Wrote:  If they really want to rock my world, all they need to do is produce a single scrap of evidence.
Another movie is not necessary

Atheism defeated with a single question: What is your ultimate authority?

Nacho cheese doritos. They influence all of my decisions. The powdery cheese coating, that tasty and delicious crunch, licking the cheese off my fingers. Sometimes the doritos have eyes and talk to me in my sleep. They talk to me when no one is present.

I pray to the doritos and they tell me what to do. They are, and remain to this day, the ultimate authority.

Somewhere out there, I know there is a perfect being that created the idea for nachos. She was the ultimate universal tortilla chip constant, she wrote the laws of physics in this universe for the sole purpose of being able to assemble atoms in such a manner that doritos could exist. How else could you possibly manage to see anything else? When I look at the doritos, they are beautiful, they are delicious. But the idea had to come from somewhere, and somewhere, one day, a man decided to make them, divinely inspired, for all to cheese. It is apparent to me that this perfect being that is responsible for mass times acceleration, gravity, and the assembly of matter is responsible for doritos because without those constants in the universe, nacho cheese doritos literally could not exist. The laws of physics are so perfect, and things around us are too coincidental for there not to have been a perfect creator who wrote the laws of physics so that someday the assembly of tortilla chips and powdered cheese could exist.

You can't prove to me that this universe wasn't breathed into existence for the sole purpose of doritos, and that the dorito god loves you and created this universe for you and I to enjoy nacho cheese doritos. Therefore, you must bow to the one true god of doritos. (but only nacho cheese, the ranch isn't nearly as good, that was "The Evil One's" doing)

Now, let's say a cheese prayer. Cambozola-cheddar-hummus-hummina-hummina-la-good-Abertam Ahhhhh Gouda Gouda, ahhhhhhh Airedale, HUMMMMMMM Olivet Bleu. May the dorito god bless you.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 6 users Like Logisch's post
02-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Finally, someone else who understands that ultimately, it all comes down to cheese.
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post
02-11-2014, 02:13 PM
(02-11-2014 02:03 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Finally, someone else who understands that ultimately, it all comes down to cheese.

What can I say? I "get it"....

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
02-11-2014, 03:14 PM
(02-11-2014 02:03 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Finally, someone else who understands that ultimately, it all comes down to cheese.

Amen, sister!

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 2 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
02-11-2014, 03:40 PM
Weeping

(30-10-2014 11:16 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I wonder how they're gonna continue our young hero's story. Now that he's defeated the evil, heathen professor, what sorts of villains does God plan for him to battle next? An atheist mayor who wants to erase God from his community? Perhaps an in-movie representation of prominent atheists like "Larry Kruss" or "Richie Derkins" or "Samuel Harold." Maybe "Billy Nello the Science Fellow" will make a brief appearance.

These are exciting times, my friends. Very exciting times indeed.

"Evil atheist critics have been giving awesome Christian films bad reviews just for expressing their belief in God. Follow Josh and his wacky band of good, Christian friends, including a newly resurrected Professor Raddison, as they expose this injustice with the completely unnoticeable and yet all important aid of Jesus Christ."

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
02-11-2014, 04:26 PM
(02-11-2014 01:38 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 12:34 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Atheism defeated with a single question: What is your ultimate authority?

Nacho cheese doritos. They influence all of my decisions. The powdery cheese coating, that tasty and delicious crunch, licking the cheese off my fingers. Sometimes the doritos have eyes and talk to me in my sleep. They talk to me when no one is present.

I pray to the doritos and they tell me what to do. They are, and remain to this day, the ultimate authority.

Somewhere out there, I know there is a perfect being that created the idea for nachos. She was the ultimate universal tortilla chip constant, she wrote the laws of physics in this universe for the sole purpose of being able to assemble atoms in such a manner that doritos could exist. How else could you possibly manage to see anything else? When I look at the doritos, they are beautiful, they are delicious. But the idea had to come from somewhere, and somewhere, one day, a man decided to make them, divinely inspired, for all to cheese. It is apparent to me that this perfect being that is responsible for mass times acceleration, gravity, and the assembly of matter is responsible for doritos because without those constants in the universe, nacho cheese doritos literally could not exist. The laws of physics are so perfect, and things around us are too coincidental for there not to have been a perfect creator who wrote the laws of physics so that someday the assembly of tortilla chips and powdered cheese could exist.

You can't prove to me that this universe wasn't breathed into existence for the sole purpose of doritos, and that the dorito god loves you and created this universe for you and I to enjoy nacho cheese doritos. Therefore, you must bow to the one true god of doritos. (but only nacho cheese, the ranch isn't nearly as good, that was "The Evil One's" doing)

Now, let's say a cheese prayer. Cambozola-cheddar-hummus-hummina-hummina-la-good-Abertam Ahhhhh Gouda Gouda, ahhhhhhh Airedale, HUMMMMMMM Olivet Bleu. May the dorito god bless you.

Nacho cheese doritos are, by their very nature, not perfect beings. If they bacame perfect beings, they would cease to be nacho cheese doritos.

Truth seeker.
02-11-2014, 04:29 PM
(02-11-2014 04:26 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 01:38 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Nacho cheese doritos. They influence all of my decisions. The powdery cheese coating, that tasty and delicious crunch, licking the cheese off my fingers. Sometimes the doritos have eyes and talk to me in my sleep. They talk to me when no one is present.

Nacho cheese doritos are, by their very nature, not perfect beings. If they bacame perfect beings, they would cease to be nacho cheese doritos.

I disagree, Nacho cheese doritos are perfect in every way. What are? Some kinda heretic? You anti-snacks? Don't make us deep fry you.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
02-11-2014, 04:35 PM
(02-11-2014 04:26 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Nacho cheese doritos are, by their very nature, not perfect beings. If they bacame perfect beings, they would cease to be nacho cheese doritos.

You've got a point:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doritos#Ingredients

Quote:whole corn, vegetable oil (corn, soybean, and/or sunflower oil), salt, cheddar cheese (milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), maltodextrin, whey, monosodium glutamate, buttermilk solids, romano cheese (part skim cow's milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), whey protein concentrate, onion powder, partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oil, corn flour, disodium phosphate, lactose, natural and artificial flavor, dextrose, tomato powder, spices, lactic acid, artificial color (including Yellow 6, Yellow 5, Red 40), citric acid, sugar, garlic powder, red and green bell pepper powder, sodium caseinate, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, nonfat milk solids, whey protein isolate, corn syrup solids

I can imagine though that you could make some perfect home-made nacho cheese doritos using organic ingredients ...
02-11-2014, 04:45 PM
(02-11-2014 04:29 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 04:26 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Nacho cheese doritos are, by their very nature, not perfect beings. If they bacame perfect beings, they would cease to be nacho cheese doritos.

I disagree, Nacho cheese doritos are perfect in every way. What are? Some kinda heretic? You anti-snacks? Don't make us deep fry you.

Ok, let me rephrase my question. What is your final arbiter for truth? You can't answer with an inanimate object.

Truth seeker.