God's Not Dead 2 (trailer reaction)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2015, 02:55 PM
RE: God's Not Dead 2 (trailer reaction)
Looks like Sabrina got her wish.
[Image: tumblr_mc8uaze0al1qc8jh0o1_500.gif]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
06-11-2015, 03:01 PM
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjp5xF2J50EL3ZBeWUXFj...nikEi5BL4J]

**Crickets** -- God
06-11-2015, 03:18 PM
I really hate these things. I now they mainly make money because their budgets are as small as their knowledge of the way the world works, but I still hate knowing this crap can continue while actually good films with genuine effort bomb, no matter the reason.

(06-11-2015 02:55 PM)cactus Wrote:  Looks like Sabrina got her wish.
[Image: tumblr_mc8uaze0al1qc8jh0o1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nk007tUVCi1tl1i2no1_500.gif]

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
07-11-2015, 08:14 AM
Let's feed the Christian persecution myth!

What upsets me is that some will see this as an accurate portrayal of what happens. It will make it harder for secular minded kids or even just kids who value the first amendment to speak out against the obnoxious shit in schools.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
07-11-2015, 08:39 AM
All we need to do is have Kirk Cameron do a third installment and that will kill the franchise. I wonder if some christians consider buying a ticket a type of tithe. Consider

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
07-11-2015, 09:01 AM
No More Sorbo??
[Image: Herc_is_Disappointed.gif]

Never watched that first movie beyond seeing the trailer of it and laughing. I have no desire to joke watch whatever you call it, of this next one either.

Rather watch the Man who sued God or something else if it was to be a god themed flick.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-11-2015, 09:47 AM
(06-11-2015 02:14 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  So new theory about why it did well? It's because 'Murica has zero taste. (America might have taste, but 'Murica don't.)

Also America has over a quarter of a billion people. If just two percent of the population watches a particular movie in the theatre, you make $60 mil at the box office.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
07-11-2015, 03:45 PM
When the first movie came out I went to the theater for another movie (I can't remember which one) I had to skip out for a quick bathroom brake and GND had let out. There was a woman balling her eyes out, screaming and I mean screaming! "Please God! why didn't you save him! Jesus saved him!" A crowd of people where around her they had one hand on her shoulders and another in the air they were all muttering "Give her strength Jesus." "Help her Jesus." I have no idea what initiated the emotional out burst. I don't think she realized it was just a movie.

I had a coworker that saw the movie and he was really excited about it. He hadn't been to the theater in 20 years and it made him go. It was really good. I told him well if you haven't seen a movie for over 20 years anything would be good at that point.

I also don't get the catch phrase I've heard it several times. Gods not dead. I don't think I've ever meet or heard an atheist that ever said he was. It sounds like it would mean the idea of god is dead? But their shooting for a emotional response and saying this immortal being is dead.

As for this new movie. Guah not another one. From the trailer it looks like the same old story "We're being persecuted. People are trying to take our faith away. We need to fight.

Like Tomasia said America has over a quarter of a billion people in it. And in a galp poll done in 2014 say 56% of those people identify as christian. That's Protestant, Jehovah witness, Mormon, Roman Catholic, Greek or Russian Orthodox, Baptist. That's would mean 44% of the rest don't fall into their Jesus camp. Hindu, Muslim, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Taoism, Judaism, Wicca, Atheist. Christianity is still dominate. I doubt a student's text would cause such wide spread panic that this trailer seems to imply. Especially or such a small response of saying Jesus's name and such. I would if she was trying to force people to pray to her god in her class it would be more reason.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
07-11-2015, 03:57 PM
(07-11-2015 03:45 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  When the first movie came out I went to the theater for another movie (I can't remember which one) I had to skip out for a quick bathroom brake and GND had let out. There was a woman balling her eyes out, screaming and I mean screaming! "Please God! why didn't you save him! Jesus saved him!" A crowd of people where around her they had one hand on her shoulders and another in the air they were all muttering "Give her strength Jesus." "Help her Jesus." I have no idea what initiated the emotional out burst. I don't think she realized it was just a movie.

I had a coworker that saw the movie and he was really excited about it. He hadn't been to the theater in 20 years and it made him go. It was really good. I told him well if you haven't seen a movie for over 20 years anything would be good at that point.

I also don't get the catch phrase I've heard it several times. Gods not dead. I don't think I've ever meet or heard an atheist that ever said he was. It sounds like it would mean the idea of god is dead? But their shooting for a emotional response and saying this immortal being is dead.

As for this new movie. Guah not another one. From the trailer it looks like the same old story "We're being persecuted. People are trying to take our faith away. We need to fight.

Like Tomasia said America has over a quarter of a billion people in it. And in a galp poll done in 2014 say 56% of those people identify as christian. That's Protestant, Jehovah witness, Mormon, Roman Catholic, Greek or Russian Orthodox, Baptist. That's would mean 44% of the rest don't fall into their Jesus camp. Hindu, Muslim, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Taoism, Judaism, Wicca, Atheist. Christianity is still dominate. I doubt a student's text would cause such wide spread panic that this trailer seems to imply. Especially or such a small response of saying Jesus's name and such. I would if she was trying to force people to pray to her god in her class it would be more reason.

Like everything in this pitiful existence, it's Nietzsche fault.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-11-2015, 06:04 PM
The movie "Spotlight" comes out this month. Maybe it will help balance things out a bit.

Quote:This is the saga of how the Boston Globe won the 2003 Pulitzer Prize for uncovering not only decades of sexual abuse by Catholic priests but also systematic maneuvers by the church's Boston archdiocese to shield the more than 70 perpetrators. "Spotlight" is mightily impressive not only because of the importance of the story it tells but also because of how much effort and skill went into bringing it to the screen in the best possible way.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post