• 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2016, 05:00 AM
RE: God's Not Dead 2
here we go again
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2016, 05:45 AM
(04-04-2016 09:01 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I might go see it tomorrow for $5 Tuesdays, if I do, will tell the thread. Also, wow at Brad's review, I nearly hit pause at Pureflix making a movie out of Columbine.

So did I. I don't think I could sit through this without laughing and yelling at the screen. You, sir, are a glutton for punishment.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
05-04-2016, 05:55 AM
It needs a subtitle:

God's not dead 2: Zombie uprising
God's not dead 2: The search for more money
God's not dead 2: She used to be a witch, you know that, right?
God's not dead 2: This one has a ghostbuster in it. Ernie, what happened man?
God's not dead 2: We turned that BS chain email into a franchise!
God's not dead 2: We fucking hate Nietzsche
God's not dead 2: Actually, we hate anyone who isn't us

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
05-04-2016, 10:22 AM
God's Not Dead 2
God's Not Dead 2: Beating a Dead Horse
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
05-04-2016, 10:37 AM
(05-04-2016 10:22 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  God's Not Dead 2: Beating a Dead Horse

God's Not Dead 3: The Horse is Not Dead

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 3 users Like CleverUsername's post
05-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Fuck yeah, the God Awful Movies podcast crew got their latest episode up today; and you-know-who is in the hot seat this time.

http://godawfulmovies.libsyn.com/gam033-gods-not-dead-2

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-04-2016, 11:33 AM
(05-04-2016 10:37 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 10:22 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  God's Not Dead 2: Beating a Dead Horse

God's Not Dead 3: The Horse is Not Dead

God's not dead 4: that's no horse

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
05-04-2016, 11:39 AM
I thought the first one was straight-up hilarious. I hope the sequel is on Netflix soon.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
05-04-2016, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 01:02 PM by Shai Hulud.)
A few of us discussed this at a teaching and learning meeting earlier where normally the topic is something pedagogical. As everyone laughed at one point and this Professor Emerita started questioning how anyone could not believe the evidence for evolution and made a joke of some sort that made us all laugh again, someone said, "You all realize we're pretty much the villains of the series at this point." I feel like CRU (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ) would concur, because they're bringing in an enti-evolution speaker on Monday.

(05-04-2016 05:45 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 09:01 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I might go see it tomorrow for $5 Tuesdays, if I do, will tell the thread. Also, wow at Brad's review, I nearly hit pause at Pureflix making a movie out of Columbine.

So did I. I don't think I could sit through this without laughing and yelling at the screen. You, sir, are a glutton for punishment.

Why thank you, I do for some reason find myself sitting through cheesy Christian cinema a lot (maybe I am indeed, a glutton for punishment). Back while a Baptist, friends and I would watch them seriously, now it's sort of like "how many jokes can be made at this?" And so happy not to be the only one who nearly had to pause at the freaking Columbine thing; with all respect for Rachel Scott...people should just let her rest in peace and memory, not capitalize off of her death.

Anyhow, cheesy Christian cinema reviews are also something to be appreciated, I think, along that line. It's my hope that one day, for instance, that the guys at Bible Reloaded will review "A Matter of Faith", it's "God's Not Dead" with a way smaller budget and a biology professor instead of a philosophy professor. Made the mistake of snarking it in the theater, much along the lines of how you said you'd not to be able to resist, and ended up with a few angry people who were visibly shaking that I would dare believe in "evolutionist lies".

Probably the least cheesy one I've seen in the genre recently is Risen, which was actually decent. Very self aware in its humorous parts; like having super awkward conversations with the Tribune and the Disciples and then with Jesus. Especially Jesus, considering the Tribune helped crucify Him. Or, every time the Tribune is trying to do something important in the investigation, an aide shows up with the words "Tribune, Pilate summons you", by the final time the aide shows up he goes, "Tribune" and gets cut off "Yes I know" a sigh "Pilate summons me."

Intend to go see GND2 at 7:15pm or 10:15pm tonight. Smile

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
05-04-2016, 06:00 PM
My dad just (unironically) watched this shitty movie. Now he wants me to watch it with him, because he thinks I'll <quote>"enjoy it"</quote> He may actually be right, but not for the reason he thinks. Laugh out load Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post