God's Not Dead (The Movie)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2013, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2013 10:18 AM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
Looks like Pure Flix, a Christian film production company, is producing a movie based upon an old Christian urban legend, which is approx 100 years old (or greater!)

http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com

From Snopes.com (http://www.snopes.com/religion/chalk.asp)

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2013, 09:51 AM
RE: God's Not Dead (The Movie)
Nothing says confirmation bias like making an entire movie based around an urban legend! LOL! BTW - might want to edit the URL, the ) at the end makes it break.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
27-10-2013, 02:13 PM
I hope the( good) guys behind Scary Movie spoof this.
[+] 2 users Like DemonicLemon's post
27-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Oh my Ganesh, this looks like shit.

27-10-2013, 03:29 PM
The movie looks to have poor acting and cheap production value. Obviously from the trailer the professor will break down, begin crying, and accept God. There's not much drama considering that the ending is so obvious.

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
[+] 1 user Likes Crimson Flyboy's post
27-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Reminds me of another one I've heard floating around about an atheist who loudly challenges god to strike him dead and is promptly killed by a lightning bolt... Dodgy
Heard several versions of that one from the pulpit over the years. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a movie version, though.
27-10-2013, 03:55 PM
(27-10-2013 03:54 PM)Chopdoc Wrote:  Reminds me of another one I've heard floating around about an atheist who loudly challenges god to strike him dead and is promptly killed by a lightning bolt... Dodgy
Heard several versions of that one from the pulpit over the years. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a movie version, though.

What the hell is an atheist doing under a tree in a thunder storm challenging clouds? Laughat

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
27-10-2013, 04:44 PM
(27-10-2013 03:55 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(27-10-2013 03:54 PM)Chopdoc Wrote:  Reminds me of another one I've heard floating around about an atheist who loudly challenges god to strike him dead and is promptly killed by a lightning bolt... Dodgy

What the hell is an atheist doing under a tree in a thunder storm challenging clouds? Laughat

stupid atheists...
27-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Stood outside during a lightning storm, got struck by lightning. IT WAS GOD. CHECKMATE ATHEISTS!

[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
27-10-2013, 07:43 PM
(27-10-2013 02:13 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I hope the( good) guys behind Scary Movie spoof this.

Oooooooooo I think I would just about explode with giddy-ness if someone made a spoof of this!!! Big Grin